Rams vs Preston (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Played ok by the sounds of it .  Only radio today as working. Curtis Davies sounds like our best attacking option.  Sounds like Morrison was pretty anonymous again and needs a rocket up his arse ?  Not sure this squad will be happy or able to carry him. 

Morrison was fairly good today.

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

WR very critical of today's officials and standards of refereeing this season in general in his post-match interview!

Ref was very poor for both sides. A couple very odd FKs early on, but didn't notice a lot of obvious fouls, not least the penalty handball.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Played ok by the sounds of it .  Only radio today as working. Curtis Davies sounds like our best attacking option.  Sounds like Morrison was pretty anonymous again and needs a rocket up his arse ?  Not sure this squad will be happy or able to carry him. 

Typical Radio Derby, portrays a different picture of a dominant performance, Ravel hit two rockets if I remember correctly which the goalie did well to bat away.

He’s a negative Ninnie isn’t he? Did he see any trains from his seat, or is that at another ground?  

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Typical Radio Derby, portrays a different picture of a dominant performance, Ravel hit two rockets if I remember correctly which the goalie did well to bat away.

He’s a negative Ninnie isn’t he? Did he see any trains from his seat, or is that at another ground?  

Involved in a lot of our good passing play too. Easy to miss when doing radio commentary as it's already passed on to the next player before comms can say who had it.

Well a good point away from home is a good point 

if we had a decent centre forward then who knows what we could be doing 

we have actually been very unlucky away from home with hitting the woodwork this season 

Officials do seem to have been conspicuously bad when it comes to awarding obvious decisions to us such as penalties but that isn’t going to change is it and it makes us so much better to be still getting results.

Should of won again, thought they were poor. Stonewall penalty for the handball, it can’t keep happening the officiating is a disgrace. Shinne and Bird dominated midfield, thought Sibo and Lawrence where passengers unfortunately. Fans were great again, however thought with our numbers we could of been more vocal. 

The teams clearly missing a quality striker, not draws will save us from the drop unless the 12 point deduction is overtime.

Rooney is performing amazingly by getting draws, yet that doesn't bring in enough points for survival in my opinion.

I dont see any of our current attacking players fulfilling the role of a top notch striker.

Disgraceful display - from most of the players but especially from the manager.

Tactically inept, hopelessly out of his depth, simply shocking. 

That's a quote from a PNE fan on their forum about his team. Most of them say similar. 

Get scoring a few goals and we'll overtake them no problem - they're desperate. 

Just on train back to Leeds....a good performance but really should have won that given our dominance.

First half tactics spot on given how emotional they were likely to be. Keep the ball/dominate territory/silence the crowd & we absolutely bossed the first half. Problem was we rarely threatened other than a Morrison thunderbolt down the keeper's throat & a mazy Ebosele run & shot late on the half.

Clearly Baldock coming off was going to ruin the attacking plan but dont really understand the rationale behind putting Sibley up top. He really struggled (to hold the ball or link up with others) & noticed Rooney deep in conversation with him at the end. Cocu tried something similiar this time last year, not sure what they're seeing in him that far forward. Would have moved Lawrence up top & Sibley wide. 

Elsewhere, Festy was lively but needs to stay on his feet more...couple of times he's beating the man but obviously playing for the penalty once in the box. Would also like to see Ravel dictating further forward & creating. Looked like he & Bird were mainly central & Shinnie often left side which made sense but Max is fine covering on the counter.

Overall can't be too unhappy with an away point but we wouldnt have scored if we were playing til Tuesday. I do think we're one mobile, physical striker away from being a top 6 team, frustrating that we have this off field nonsense as the foundations are there. Kudos to Curtis & Jagielka by the way, both were excellent.

Just under 2500 of us there today, pretty noisy considering few chances in the game & home crowd silent until late on. We go again.

COYR

Edited by LeedsCityRam

The concerning thing is this..."Officials"..., No doubt most if not all clubs would want a fare minded official, There appears to be 1 common denominator with us...the non awarding of penalties, With WR now putting it on record that he believes we're not getting what he thinks are penalties...a man who keeps his own observations to a minimum...but 2 things, He now feels under pressure(because of our 12 point penalty) to complain about those in the middle...which I don't feel he is, Or he has a genuine grievance.

Reading the match day posts on here after every game and they can be a little blinkered, But there's enough posters on here that have a belief we're being harshly treated for 1 reason or another, Is there a conspiracy...I very much doubt it, Do the match officials know about our predicament...they certainly do, Has this any influence on how we're judged for the whole period of the game...ask them and the answer will be a resounding NO!

If the officials believe what some other teams Chairmen say about us "Cheating" then unfortunately there's more poor officials coming our way.

An appalling decision from the ref not to give a penalty for handball. And equally so from the Lino looking right at it. 
i really don’t want to believe there’s a conspiracy, but the evidence is mounting up. 
Todays decision was even worse than the handball against forest. 

37 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Listening to Rooney he said the referee was awful. I did think he thinks it’s because of all this fair play stuff. I reckon he might be in a bit of trouble.

Why 

All he is doing is telling the truth and having guts to take them on.

I rarely comment after matches but this one has got me out of my chair.

Thats not even a decision for a ref and linesman to make. Its as clear as day. I thought the Ebosele one not quite as clear.

Amazing that suddenly we are not getting any penalty shouts at all. Plus the Johnson lad not getting a second yellow. It does start to add up for me.

Again very proud of the lads currently representing our club on the field. We really couldnt ask for more effort. If we dont get the extra points deduction there is a chance we could get out of this yet.

1 hour ago, California Ram. said:

Great first half - killed an emotional day for Preston early - Festy is a rare talent, let’s hope he continues to grow (and signs an extension with us !). Sure pen not given again, some decent long range saves from their keeper too. Keep the faith, clean sheet despite three defensive changes - Knighty like a new signing. 

Knight and Festy are a little bit special .. both young and are going to get better with every game they play.

Like Max, but he is wasted when he’s deep

My Jury still out on Sibley. He will produce a magic moment at some point but he needs the consistency that Knighty has.