Rams vs Preston (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

What would a decent striker have done differently today?

We didn’t create a single chance for Baldock, Sibley or CKR who all had minutes upfront.

We had 17 shots, but at least 10 of those were speculative shots from outside the box.

Our only real chances were Ebosele after his own run from the halfway line, the Curtis Davies header and Jagielka follow up header.

Might have created a pocket of space for himself to receive the pass and shoot. It was all too tight around the penalty area when we were attacking as a group.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Might have created a pocket of space for himself to receive the pass and shoot. It was all too tight around the penalty area when we were attacking as a group.

I just don’t see it unfortunately. We rarely get behind teams, we rarely hit the byline for cutbacks, we rarely produce excellent wing play resulting in crosses for a centre-forward to attack.

If it’s not a Curtis Davies or Jagielka header or a long-range stunner, I don’t see where our goals will come from which is a shame as we are playing well.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What would a decent striker have done differently today?

We didn’t create a single chance for Baldock, Sibley or CKR who all had minutes upfront.

Make runs in behind, hold the ball up better, better finisher, be in the right place at the right time much more, give our 'creative' players a forward option to pass to.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just don’t see it unfortunately. We rarely get behind teams, we rarely hit the byline for cutbacks, we rarely produce excellent wing play resulting in crosses for a centre-forward to attack.

If it’s not a Curtis Davies or Jagielka header or a long-range stunner, I don’t see where our goals will come from which is a shame as we are playing well.

Well long shots outside the box are opapions to have but maybe when in the box maybe need make little opening.

But roony is dead on efl have something against us and tell ref not to give us a thing.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Played ok by the sounds of it .  Only radio today as working. Curtis Davies sounds like our best attacking option.  Sounds like Morrison was pretty anonymous again and needs a rocket up his arse ?  Not sure this squad will be happy or able to carry him. 

Don't agree with that criticism of Ravel tbh.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Well, I see it and it’s not unfortunate mate. ?

19 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

True...But Lee Gregory scores a brace away from home  for Sheffield Wednesday...Sone Aluko scores a brace away from home for Ipswich...big mistake we decided to sign Baldock instead of this pair?

Aluko chose not to wait a little bit longer to come here. I imagine Gregory didn't want to come here, likely because of wage demands