Stoke at home

Derby blood

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

What a classless interview by Dawes…. After Rooney said his first thought was the staff losing the jobs and his first statement was about 32 Red and how well paid Rooney is.. what a knobheadicksplat that guy is. 

Classless is being polite.  Rooney is a multi millionnaire already.  That's not why he's doing this and he's shown his class by sticking by the players, believing in them, doing everything he can.  The guy is top class in my opinion, forget whether he's an experienced manager or not.  So impressed with everything he and the team are doing with all the poo that's been going on.  The reaction today says it all. 

Love this post from another topic from De22Ram. Totally spot on

Posted 7 minutes ago

"This is probably the high from the game n the beers lol but foooook me this could be a hell of a season if we pull this off n stay up!! This is why none of us support city, liverpool or united because were Derby thro n thro! We take the highs and the lows because were proper supporters! The lows make the highs feel all the sweeter!! Glory supporters will never understand this!! We will get thro this one way or another!! Up the rams ????❤️"

Brilliant performance everyone of them. Fans were amazing as well. And what a goal Max Bird. Love it, if we’re going down we’re going down swinging. It’s now Us vs everyone, bring it on 

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Typical of him based on my experience of meeting him. Not a nice bloke. Perhaps if Dawes and the other local press had asked tougher questions of the actual club we might have been able to see this mess coming.

Yep. Completely miss the big story, then take it out on Rooney because the people you should be holding to account won't talk to you. Journalists are so scared of having their 'access' revoked that they end up failing to do any actual journalism. But what 'access' do they really have? They just get a free ticket to the match and all these meaningless press conferences. I wish someone had been actually holding the club to account over the last few months rather than cravenly going along with the 'nothing to see here' line. 

Edited by vonwright

Just now, vonwright said:

Yep. Completely miss the big story, then take it out on Rooney because the people you should be holding to account won't talk to you. Journalists are so scared of having their 'access' revoked so they end up failing to do any actual journalism. But what 'access' do they really have? They just get a free ticket to the match and all these meaningless press conferences. I wish someone had been actually holding the club to account over the last few months rather than cravenly going along with the 'nothing to see here' line. 

I should probably have put this in a different thread, kept this one for saying: well done lads, bloody proud of you. 

Just got back. That was effing brilliant. I just wanted to go and watch us play. And we did. Some very tidy football and to be fair we should have been out of sight at half time. But we are Derby and if we can find a way to make it difficult, we will.

But what was obvious today was that fans and players alike - We Are Derby!

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Perhaps if Dawes and the other local press had asked tougher questions of the actual club we might have been able to see this mess coming.

Chris Coles told us weeks ago that Mel’s funding of the club would not continue for ever. Came directly from the club. Can’t blame the journalists if people don’t listen 

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Listening to Curtis Davis post match. What a leader that man is.

We've only conceded 7 goals this season. Bournemouth and Coventry have the best defensive record, having conceded 6. Given the circumstances and the impossible start to the season, that is astonishing. Yes you defend as a team, but Curtis is the beating heart of that defence.

I'm hoarse, my throat actually hurts. I think I ruptured something in my neck. My hands are raw from clapping.

The most amazingly wonderful afternoon out.

Commitment, aggression, a few bits of really tidy skill, ups, downs, a comedy ref, Jason Knight back....3 points and a big Stoke following sent crying back to their grim towns for an evening of poo beer, greasy chips, oatcakes and glue-sniffing.

I ducking LOVE this football club. duck administration, Mel, EFL, everything. We must survive, that's all. I don't care if it's Matlock Town away first game of next season, I WILL be there. Just please someone save this magic institution.

Come on You Rams.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We've only conceded 7 goals this season. Bournemouth and Coventry have the best defensive record, having conceded 6. Given the circumstances and the impossible start to the season, that is astonishing. Yes you defend as a team, but Curtis is the beating heart of that defence.

Indeed, the idea that we have a poor defence is silly.

We’ve been making them play in a way that makes them look poor, but all things equal they are easily of mid table standard despite their age and lack of pace.