Stoke at home

Derby blood

Wow. What a day. It was special. A day I will never forget. 17,000 Derby fans but it may as well have been 30,000 such was the noise and every fan 100% behind the team and the coaching staff. 

Then the game. What a performance. Some superb counter attacking and glimpses of real quality. Ravel at times today (especially in the first half) was equal to Stefano Eranio   with those passes in the box, magical. Stunning goal from Max Bird who was also outstanding in the first half (what a player he is). Baldock should’ve scored, Ravel should’ve scored, we should’ve been 3-0 up and out of sight but then the Ince goal made it nervy. That said never had any doubts we would close it out. To a man the players were superb today and showed they care. Likewise Rooney and Rosenior. 

I was in tears at full time, so proud of all of them and for the fans unbelievable support of them. It felt like we’re in this together. duck the rest of the football world, duck Mel Morris, no bitching about 3 wins in 20 odd and Rooney isn’t the right man. Everyone backing the team backing the coaches backing the club, backing each other - as one. It was truly special.

Its to be a part of days like today is why I’m a football fan and why I love this club so dearly. It will be a bumpy road but if we stick together we will come back stronger!!

COYR!! ?????????

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wow. What a day. It was special. A day I will never forget. 17,000 Derby fans but it may as well have been 30,000 such was the noise and every fan 100% behind the team and the coaching staff. 

Then the game. What a performance. Some superb counter attacking and glimpses of real quality. Ravel at times today (especially in the first half) was equal to Stefano Eranio   with those passes in the box, magical. Stunning goal from Max Bird who was also outstanding in the first half (what a player he is). Baldock should’ve scored, Ravel should’ve scored, we should’ve been 3-0 up and out of sight but then the Ince goal made it nervy. That said never had any doubts we would close it out. To a man the players were superb today and showed they care. Likewise Rooney and Rosenior. 

I was in tears at full time, so proud of all of them and for the fans unbelievable support of them. It felt like we’re in this together. duck the rest of the football world, duck Mel Morris, no bitching about 3 wins in 20 odd and Rooney isn’t the right man. Everyone backing the team backing the coaches backing the club, backing each other - as one. It was truly special.

Its to be a part of days like today is why I’m a football fan and why I love this club so dearly. It will be a bumpy road but if we stick together we will come back stronger!!

COYR!! ?????????

Totally agree me and my son felt very emotional today at the game and the atmosphere and the togetherness took me back to the 80s at the BBG and although my love for football in general is not what it was with sky tv etc my love for the Rams burns as strong as ever and it’s going to be a bumpy ride but if we can stick together as a club and a fan base like today we can still look forward to better times. ???

I thought Ravel was great today. Obviously should have scored his chance, but pulled the strings amazingly well.

One of Max Bird's best games for us too. Seems to have really come into his own again recently.  

Throughout all of the recent debacle, I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed that performance today. Players and Rooney are giving their best for us, and that's all we can ask.

15 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

DCFC said that it was a bit under 21,000, which is a bit low for what it looked like to me.

I’d go with that - I actually thought it was a bit less. South stand was packed but there were pretty big gaps in the other stands….

What a great day! Getting into the concourse and the noise was deafening. It is the loudest and the best atmosphere since the Brighton play-off semi-final. There were lots of songs which uncle Mel would not have been pleased with, but they weren't taken up pitch side, which is very classy considering the shock, disappointment and anger on display!

The sound was just as passionate in the stadium, and went on for most of the 90 minutes - brilliant, and an honour to be part of. The players hardly put a foot wrong, and made Stoke look even crapper than the ref - and yes, there was yet another absolutely blatant handball in the area, right in front of the ref, but nowt given, which according to EFL rule number 237, para 4 sub-para 3(c) is the correct decision. They looked comfortable passing the ball around in the middle of the pitch, but that was because we weren't pressing and challenging them, although the lack of challenges was because for a Derby player to attempt, it is a bookable offence. They only managed one shot in the first half, and only started to control the game when we settled for 2 - 1 with about 20 minutes ton go. Shame about that pass, though. 

It would appear that the Stoke team are no longer a bunch of Neanderthal hoof ball merchants, and good points to take away are that Baldock actually managed a shot on target when he could quite easily have passed the ball to no-one in particular, and we actually saw a real goal kick by Derby County. Just the one, mind!

There was quite a few Stokies in town before the game. Mostly well behaved from what I saw, one or two younger ones trying to start a fight in an empty room. Rams fans weren't interested and ignored the provocation. 

As for the game, I found it surprisingly emotional. The crowd were 100% behind the team, the team responded with passion and competence. It's been a few years since I've witnessed that bond, and I'm not ashamed to say it choked me. Give us an even break and we can do it. 

I don't want to pick anyone out for special praise, because to me they were all magnificent, but imo Max Bird came of age today, in every sense of the word. If he continues to progress, he's going to be some player. UTR.