Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

2 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

To have any remote chance of survival this season our so called creative players need to have the seasons of their careers. So tonight:

Sibley: Anonymous.

Morrison: Nothing doing, but not surprising when played in a back 3.

Byrne: Nothing doing.

Baldock: Would be good with any kind of service but not much chance of that.

Er, that’s it.

Morrison is the only player that has done anything tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Is it me, I don’t see the Sibley factor? For me he is a poor player severely overhyped.

Yes, in agreement here, I have high hopes, but it is that word ‘hope’ rather than sound judgement.

For such a (supposedly) good player, his first touch is awful, the ball bounces off his knees and shins, he can’t seem to trap the proverbial bag of cement.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We could just keep blaming individual players I suppose or recognise that our tactics and coaching set them to play games in this fashion.

I the only person I blame is Mel Morris.

No intelligent chairman would employ Philip Cocu who has no experience of this league or the football in this country.

No intelligent would they replace him with a novice when we were in dire need of a solid experience championship manager.

If Mel runs the club properly and is at all interested he makes better decisions.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We could just keep blaming individual players I suppose or recognise that our tactics and coaching set them to play games in this fashion.

It's the whole team ethic driven by Rooney and co, Small tidy players who Rooney hopes to be able to play through, Against a team full of very physical players, Same as the red dogs.

If you don't/can't mix it with the opposition then we're easy pickings for teams...Brum aint that good imo, We're just poor and will be until there's a change in tactics.

Birmingham are just better in every way. Better GK, better defence, better strikers. They don't really have a midfield because they're so direct. 

Better manager with more Championship nous.

and the worse thing is they're not even good.

When Lawrence has an off day (which is more often than not) we have no attacking threat what so ever and it's been that way for a very long time. 

Edited by DCFC Kicks