Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Birmingham have been birmingham with a bit more quality than normal

i actually fancy them to do v well..

theyre still the strong physical duckers they always were but have some proper fire power now and a bit of quality in that young united lad 

another day without that first goal balls up we might have got something but in truth were tailor made for a birmingham side like this 

Edited by NottsRam77

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Rooneys got my sympathy here. 

Playin some good football and creating some chances but absolute dead heads making mistakes constantly are costing us.

he can’t be making that back pass for buchanan. He can’t be playing the pass for Lawrence or not being beat at his near post for Roos. 

No he can't but it's a mentality thing. They're in that mentality of twatting it around at the back

Just now, ossieram said:

I don't see what you're seeing. 

Probably played more back passes than anyone else, let Brum get under his skin and his forward play has been terrible. 

Really? Think sibley, Lawrence, bird, shinnie has done more. He can do it all on his own…we have no outlets

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Rooneys got my sympathy here. 

Playin some good football and creating some chances but absolute dead heads making mistakes constantly are costing us.

he can’t be making that back pass for buchanan. He can’t be playing the pass for Lawrence or not being beat at his near post for Roos. 

He's the manager,he spends all week training,coaching and then picking them to play.

They play to the system that he lays out and that's one that invites pressure and causes players to rooster up under that pressure.

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe you’re right but it ain’t because of the referee we’re losing this game.

It isn’t his fault that Birmingham have scored but he failed to play advantage when Sibley was about to shoot, and doesn’t think two players sandwiching Sibley without touching the ball isn’t a foul - and a great flowing move was halted.

That may well have changed the result.

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Good to see the usual suspects getting stick in here. Forget Lawrence’s man of the match v Forest, better give him some stick here for a pretty average game (where he’s created our best two chances). Can only assume I missed all the posts blaming the captain for abject team performances last season. Sure they must have happened though.

I’ll always call out any captain when they act like that, especially when we needed the opposite from him at that time. 
I couldn’t give a rats ass it was Lawrence.

He wears the armband, he needs to act like he’s wearing it.  

And two shots from distance, I’ll give you that, but it doesn’t excuse his general poor play and giving the ball away constantly. 

Urgh dissapointing. 

A few things we should take away from the night. 

We can't play the way we want with Shinnie in the side and need to start phasing him out.

We need to be more willing to drag off Lawrence. 

Jozwiak is needed to help link the play. 

We need to find a way to deal with sides like Birmingham who can use the changes in rule to their advantage.