Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Alright so we lost, but at least we were the ones trying to play football and for a couple of spells in the game we almost got the goal we needed. I couldn't stand watching that horrible brand of "football" that Bowyer puts out there week after week, it might be effective but fook me I would rather watch one of the wife's shows than that!!

Can’t really argue with the result. We were tailor made for Birmingham and we don’t have enough different options to play any other way.  Tonight it didn’t really happen but still trying to play - we need to continue that. There will be games where we have it more our own way and create chances.

Two teams, one who will be threatening the top 6 and one very much bottom half. This was a tough game tonight, baggies will also be tough but we should approach it the same way, I’ll be more disappointed if we change tactics and focus on trying to stop the baggies.

Anyone saying we’re reverting to how we played last season frankly doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

We played some nice stuff at times and we are clearly ahead of them technically, but it was all just window dressing in the end.

They had their tactics spot on and shut us down, very physical and direct when needed. They let us play it around where they wanted us to. 

We only really threatened them when Deeney came on allowing Morrison to find some space to get us moving again. 

As I was worried about we are far to easy to shut down, which would be too bad if we had an alternative idea…..sadly we don’t.

Every team this season has worked it out eventually. 

We’re going to be right in the poo when teams stop us from the start of games, unless we can find a work around soon.

1 minute ago, dabber said:

Alright so we lost, but at least we were the ones trying to play football and for a couple of spells in the game we almost got the goal we needed. I couldn't stand watching that horrible brand of "football" that Bowyer puts out there week after week, it might be effective but fook me I would rather watch one of the wife's shows than that!!

I like the passing in little triangles and possession, would be nice if the midfielders and strikers got a chance to join in

Just now, Ramarena said:

They had their tactics spot on and shut us down, very physical and direct when needed. They let us play it around where they wanted us to. 

They will play like that against everyone, dont think they set up to play that way against us.

29 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

But you were complaining last season about how bad the playing style was last season.

Would we really win playing direct against this caveman Birmingham team?

Its a managers job to find a way that suits his players, not force them to do things they're not capable of. We are not Man City this season and we're not the Caveman style of last season either. Today was just another example of why Rooney is not ready for the job(to put it a nice way).

No we wouldn't but if we had played to our strengths and passed the ball quickly, counter attacking, we would have had a much better chance.

Today’s the first time I’ve thought ‘uh-oh’ 

barely anything going forward.

the passing round the back gives me heart palpitations every time, we basically gave birmingham the 3 points tonight.

we need to be more creative, smarter and not pissarse about with the ball. 

it’s going to be a long old season.

COYR!