Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

With our squad we will have matches like this especially having some players away in the break. Think international breaks will hurt us this season - hopefully players involved will avoid injury but wont get that break from matches and time to regroup. Hate Friday matches live on sky - Do we always lose or does it just seem as if we do? 

2 minutes ago, dcfcollie said:

At least we can look forward to winning a game in League one next year.

Yeah we looked unbeatable when we played Salford ?

We really need to hope we can stay up, consolidate and come back stronger. Relegation would be a disaster for at least a few years

No ambition from Derby. 

Bit of intent and physicality from Birmingham. 

We can't win games with eleven players in our half no matter how much neat stuff we play. 

No one in a Derby shirt deserved a seven out of ten tonight. 

The old players looked really old and the young players really young. 

Tame. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's the manager,he spends all week training,coaching and then picking them to play.

They play to the system that he lays out and that's one that invites pressure and causes players to rooster up under that pressure.

Yeah he should have put a different striker on up front for starters. ?

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Rooneys got my sympathy here. 

Playin some good football and creating some chances but absolute dead heads making mistakes constantly are costing us.

he can’t be making that back pass for buchanan. He can’t be playing the pass for Lawrence or not being beat at his near post for Roos. 

Rooney’s setting us up to play that way. The players are not good/technical enough to play around at the back like that for 90 minutes.

I can set up a team to play like that on Championship Manager but there are no consequences. If it goes wrong I can just turn it off and turn it back on again. No harm done.

There’s only one way this season is going to end.

Honestly as every game goes past, you can't help but think a points deduction and relegation last season would have been preferable. 

Would probably have been able to actually act in the transfer market, any possible investors would have known what was happening with the club and been able to takeover. We would have had more of a chance of winning some games this season. 

Sure we would have lost some players but would they really have been "lost" 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Urgh dissapointing. 

A few things we should take away from the night. 

We can't play the way we want with Shinnie in the side and need to start phasing him out.

We need to be more willing to drag off Lawrence. 

Jozwiak is needed to help link the play. 

We need to find a way to deal with sides like Birmingham who can use the changes in rule to their advantage.

Shinnie was taken off at half time and arguably we got worse. Agree on Jozwiak though

Anybody on this forum thinks we will stay up with the attacking players we have in the squad please tell me what your drinking, I need some. We will not score enough goals to stay in this league unfortunately. Time to stand with the lads we have them support to the end , but there is no way we’re staying up points deduction or not.