Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Friday 10th September 8pm KO St Andrews Trillion Trophy Stadium

Some of the news and rumour about the club over the international break hasn't been pleasing. Let's try to get back to the football.

In a bizarre turn of events, it's when I'm watching Derby County play this season that I'm actually at my least disappointed with the club.

1-0 Shinnie FGS

(Side note, apologies I was a little slow getting this thread up. I've not been around for a few days)

Coming from Brum and surrounded by bluenoses, this is a big game for me.

I'd take a draw now, if offered. From what I've been told, blues are playing well atm. They have got a good youngster on loan from Man U, playing wide right and have just made a great signing with Troy Deeney coming 'home' to his boyhood club. I think that they may be the surprise team of the championship this season.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It will be an interesting team selection mainly due to all the international games and players returning late or with knocks. I am expecting us to be moving to 3 at the back with the two wing backs especially against Birmingham and WBA 

Will be difficult to cover that from the bench with Fozzy suspended for 3 games.

I expect that our current style of play is our main focus and we won’t be changing to match up against opponents unless we need to during the match.

Dreading this game. A team that is very close to me is the Blues, due to them being my late Grandad’s team and watching them numerous times during my early and late year's of childhood. Deeney's Homecoming, seem to have started the season very well also. 

With Joz seemingly looking like he will be playing against England on Wednesday, I’d expect (if Lawrence is fit) Lawrence to move to the vacant position and Stretton to come in upfront. 

1-2 Rams ? 

Early yet but here goes 

Roos

Stearman Jagielka Davies 

Byrne                                     Buchanan    
                 Bird.   Shinnie 

Morrison    
             Baldock.      Lawrence 

no start for Sibley or Jozwiak in this one 

51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Early yet but here goes 

Roos

Stearman Jagielka Davies 

Bird.   Shinnie 

Morrison    
             Baldock.      Lawrence 

Bring them on when we are two goals down.

58 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Early yet but here goes 

Roos

Stearman Jagielka Davies 

Bird.   Shinnie 

Morrison    
             Baldock.      Lawrence 

Sibley had a really good game at their place last season and scored in the same fixture at the end of the season before so I would be tempted to be staring him. His confidence should be high after his U20 call up as well.

14 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If Deeney plays then Juk won’t? (I presume).

Hope so. As you say Juk always gives us trouble (prob more than Troy?)

Hope they don’t both play together ? that would be a tough forward line to defend against.  Hope both Joz and Sibo can start and we could be in with a chance. 

Wonder if the international players will be able to start this game, seeing as they will all be returning quite late in the week. Buchanan, Sibley, Watson, Jozwiak (and Ravel) that’s a big list of players in and around the 11.

Might have a couple of scholars on the bench again, just to make up the numbers. Hopefully Baldock will be back fit, along with Festy. The intl break has come at a good time this season with our depleted numbers.

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Hope they don’t both play together ? that would be a tough forward line to defend against.  Hope both Joz and Sibo can start and we could be in with a chance. 

Not much pace in that attack or our defence. Would be a good battle!

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Would be unusual in modern game for 2x lumps but you never know.

If they did and then they will be lighter in midfield and we might outnumber them there.