Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

7 hours ago, Icomeinpeace said:

Excellent point - similar to Celtic Park of Parkhead as well. As for signing your former players lets face it we've already tried for Buchanan and there's not a side in the Championship or half the prem that wouldn't take Sibley either at the rate he's going. Not sure we'd take any others but then our transfer policy is as shrouded in mystery as our tactics at the moment. Derbies are always unpredictable but frankly all you have to do is attack from the start and if you get an early goal we're sunk as CH will just pull the team back so as to not lose by more.  We've registered one shot on goal on the past two games so unless someone is possessed by the ghost of Gerd Muller we're unlikely to score - mind you even he couldn't have scored from the service we've given our strikers...

So what's the average Forest fan's opinion on where things have gone/are going wrong? Hughton has generally been a very steady if slightly conservative hand wherever he has been. Exactly the manager you needed I'd have guessed - as over the last 5 years + you were the basket-case club we could only aspire to be! He seems to have come in, all the turmoil has subsided but then everything has gone deathly quiet and the season has started appallingly. 

9 hours ago, Ramos said:

I can’t actually believe on almost the eve of the forest game there’s almost 100 seats going in every block. I didn’t think it would be a sell out but it’s looking likely to be 7k empty seats at least. Will be quite gutting to see but I’m sure the fans that are there will make hell of a noise. 

I really do think the club need to take some responsibility for this. My gut tells me the policies around ticketing are ensuring fewer people turn up as I've never seen pride park as empty as it has been recently not even during the phil brown days... 

23 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I really do think the club need to take some responsibility for this. My gut tells me the policies around ticketing are ensuring fewer people turn up as I've never seen pride park as empty as it has been recently not even during the phil brown days... 

yeah I’ve supported Derby mainly through awful times and the attendance rarely dropped below 22k and the forest game has never been below 30 for a league game as far as I remember. There’s a lot of things in the mix that is making people not bother with Derby atm but I really did not expect so many not to either bother or not be able to go to the forest game - thought we would get to 28k at least this time next week. I know quite a few who weren’t going who changed their minds last few days and bought tickets so was hoping that was going to be an indication. Hopefully a few thousand more get some today and it’s not too empty! But you’re right although covid etc has its part to play this is mainly down to the running of the club even to the point of how tickets are on sale. 

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I just wonder what morale is like going into this game with all the EFL stuff in the news. 

It's like we have a six pointer against our old rivals but even if we win those six points could be taken away. 

We knew something was inevitable whether it be 3-6-9-12 points. We started the season with this hanging over us. 
Nothing new to those in the know within the club, it’s an opportunity for us as a whole to generate and maintain a true and proper siege mentality. 
COYR ???

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We knew something was inevitable whether it be 0-3-6-9-12 points. We started the season with this hanging over us. 
Nothing new to those in the know within the club, it’s an opportunity for us as a whole to generate and maintain a true and proper siege mentality. 
COYR ???

FIFY

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FIFY

Like the optimism @RoyMac5 the EFL was never going to allow that scenario to play out. Would love you to be correct of course. 
The Bully mentality within the EFL and a chosen few of their members with their own agendas would ensure that we received some sort of penalty.

Works to galvanise us as a group both on and off the pitch, us against the ? 

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

So what's the average Forest fan's opinion on where things have gone/are going wrong? Hughton has generally been a very steady if slightly conservative hand wherever he has been. Exactly the manager you needed I'd have guessed - as over the last 5 years + you were the basket-case club we could only aspire to be! He seems to have come in, all the turmoil has subsided but then everything has gone deathly quiet and the season has started appallingly. 

I was one of those that was very supportive of his appointment but he's turned out to be less than one dimensional. Admittedly we've had injuries but we haven't addressed some of the key issues the squad has, Hughton's proved to be defensive to the point of madness and his game management has been poor - put that all together and as I say we are less than the sum of our parts. Admittedly often we've paid dearly single errors (Samba's been suspect in goal for instance) but the team has no resilience, no leaders and frankly no idea. CH then says he doesn't have the team to play how he wants but bizarrely refuses to change his tactics to get the best out of the players he  does have - that's riled up the fans no end, especially when he's had time to sort out some of the recruitment. At the moment we're treating the return of Garner on loan from Man Utd like its the second coming and will fix everything  just because he can pass the ball forward reasonably well. Meanwhile Yates has turned into a less skillful version of Ray "crab" Wilkins usually takes the ball with his back to goal an passes backwards, Colback does not more than take up space, Lyle Taylor couldn't be playing in a team that's less able to make the best of his game and Grabban might as well spend the game just passing the time plaiting his beard on the halfway line awaiting the one half chance per game he's getting. I could go on .....    

15 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Why is the drop off so bad? I'm thinking it must be because of the situation off the field and the fact that we don't have a competitive side

Be a few at Leeds Festival this weekend.  Maybe not 7000.  My Lads there and missing his first Derby/Florist game in nearly 10 years 

Edited by Ruud Aralliss
Not 20 yrs ?

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

My lad’s going to Leeds Festival after the Red Dogs game. He didn’t want to miss the game ? 

To be fair, he got the ticket without permission as we said he wasn’t old enough for a weekend pass. He stood his ground and won.  Then the fixtures came out and there was no way he could backtrack.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Max Lowe has signed for them and is available for selection for this game. 

If he plays the crowd has got to be merciless in terms of "Derby reject" and boos. It's our job to knock him out of his stride, make him not want the ball or be worried every time it goes in his direction.

His confidence will be shot anyway. It's definitely a Lowe point of his career signing for them. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Max Lowe has signed for them and is available for selection for this game. 

If he plays the crowd has got to be merciless in terms of "Derby reject" and boos. It's our job to knock him out of his stride, make him not want the ball or be worried every time it goes in his direction.

Shame Festy’s not quite fit. Would have had Lowe on toast!

2 hours ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Be a few at Leeds Festival this weekend.  Maybe not 7000.  My Lads there and missing his first Derby/Florist game in nearly 10 years 

My lads there but he went on Wednesday and is missing this game.

I still have a spare ticket in the east stand if any member wants it,the downside being that they will be sitting next to me and have the means to buy me a bottle of bud.