Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

30 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Saw it in real-time directly in front of me in the north stand and have since on video.......no way is it a red card two things to consider the ref is looking straight at it so is the linesman no reaction from either ...secondly the player and no other of his team mates protested at the time or when next the ball went dead.

And how far were you in the North Stand to the said incident?, The player DID make a reaction, When he got up he showed the Ref  that he was stamped on, But I guess you being that far away in the North Stand you didn't see what all TV viewers saw and have an opinion on.

As an edit

I've played the game, Managed the game and reffed the game, All at a good standard, It doesn't make me any better or worse than yourself...it's all a judgment call at the time.

PS the Worrell handball WAS handball as he was falling his upper arm moved towards the ball...not a natural movement.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

6 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

You can normally gauge by players reaction  I will quantify my opinion also by say ing I reffed up to non league level and did lines also for ten years, .......I have seen the Worrall penalty claim and it was not a penalty he was falling and his arms are in a natural position you would be falling like that..

Fozzy was a red and we should have had a pen for handball…just my view. I ran the line for Perton U13s a couple of times ???

I actually was right behind the fozzy incident. East stand where the R is in ‘rams’. In real time it just looked like he jumped and landed awkwardly. Further showing however it looks very bad. No players reacted and surely the ref or linemen would have spotted it 

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney is spot on in his post match interview. We got what we deserved in the end. We didn't keep the ball well enough in the second half. When we did get the ball down and make a few passes, we got into very dangerous positions. We should have won it but in the end we got what we deserved.

I’m surprised at the number of posts in the match thread that seem a bit down. Totally get it was only a draw against our local rivals, mediocre rivals at that. First half though we pretty much bossed it and were far more inventive and creative. Had we got the rub with a better ref, a penalty given or had Stretton just connected sweeter from the brilliance of Sibley, we would have comfortably won; because no way would that poor Forest team have scored twice.

We don’t seem comfortable one in front at the minute, always seems a ricket lurking. Yet under the circumstances of everything of the pitch, the glimpses we are seeing from the nucleus of this team is very encouraging. Rooney is slowly evolving this team into a decent one. He’s honest in his assessments and to give him more credit appreciates the backing the fans are giving right now.

As much as not winning is a bit deflating, there’s a fair few reasons for optimism in this team under Rooney; he’s slowly winning me back over.

For saying that we've just conceded our first goal in 3 games in the league, and only 4 goals in 5 games so far, there seems to be allot of posters complaining about our game management. 

We were certainly 2nd best for large parts of the 2nd half, and our playing out from the back unsuccessfully at times invited pressure rather than relieved it , but Roos only had two testing saves to make and Forest created little else. 

Again the missing factor was that 2nd goal. We passed up some good openings with bad decision making, but Samba was the busier keeper and Stretton desperately unlucky not to seal the win before they equalised. 

A better team than Forest might have made us pay for losing our way a bit, but I came away from the game feeling disappointed rather than relieved. I still think we're making positive progress. 

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Fozzy was a red and we should have had a pen for handball…just my view. I ran the line for Perton U13s a couple of times ???

My aplause is not for you having an opinion, It's aplauding you for running the line for Perton U13s...nasty beggars they were too?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

My aplause is not for you having an opinion, It's aplauding you for running the line for Perton U13s...nasty beggars they were too?

It was very difficult. The Manager of the other team called me a cheat. I walked around to their side of the pitch and asked him to repeat it. He didn’t ?

We threw it away

We threw it awa - ay

We're Derby County 

We threw it away.

Strange how a couple of seasons ago I used to get all manner of rollickings because of my dissatisfaction with the match officials, and I did tone it down a bit. But now I hardly need to say a word, because people have started to cotton on to what the officials get up to. And for the last couple of seasons we have been so poor that the ref's decisions have been irrelevant.

Today, however, we are the architects of our own downfall. Forest were really, really poor and were there for the taking, and but for a few better decisions with the final ball - Lawrence not putting Joswiack through on goal being a major one - we would have been out of sight by half time. But second half only Forest came back out of the changing rooms. We were lackadaisical and sloppy and half-arsed for quite a way into the second half. Yes Hughton did make a couple of changes, cutting of the supply lines through the first two phases, and pressing our back line to make them play back to Roos. Yes his distribution wasn't good today, but mot of the time he was put under huge pressure by the awful back passes. And Rooney singularly failed to change things. We kept getting pressed and closed down like this last season, and eventually learned to stop faffing about at the back. And again it wasn't working today, but we kept on insisting on doing it until late on in the game. If it doesn't work, try something else, for goodness sake. So having shown what a rabble Forest are, we let them improve to the point of looking like a poor team.

But if the match officials had done their job things would have turned out differently. I have watched the Sky highlights, and Fozzy does get his foot onto the Forest player's wedding tackle, but no way was that intentional. Apart from the fact that Fozzy isn't nasty enough to even swat a fly, he wasn't even looking, so no way did he deliberately place his foot there. Apparently Sky were blathering on about it for ages afterwards. And despite showing the Worrall handball in the highlights, they didn't give it much attention. It was blatantly clear that he knew exactly what he was doing, and there were two Derby players in line to receive the ball. Definite red card. Definite penalty. But they didn't show the blatant foul on Sibley when he would have through on goal in the first half. Yet again, a definite red card. Neither did they show the all-in-wrestling move on Davies towards the end of the second half. That it happened while the ball wasn't moving doesn't matter as it is serious foul play in the penalty area, and the corner had actually been taken by the time that Davies hit the floor. 

In the end, we threw the points away because of our dozy lack of effort in the second half, but most definitely the ref cost us two points today. WITHOUT A DOUBT. And no, I don't normally shout! In addition, he couldn't wait to yellow card Derby players, some of which technically being fully deserved, yet he failed to card Forest players for repeat offences throughout the match. And what was Joswaick booked for when he was the one who had been wrestled to the ground? That was almost as bad as giving Middlesborough a free-kick when one of their players brought his team mate down last week. It is easy to understand people thinking that there are special EFL directives on how to officiate at Derby County matches.

The positives are the way Derby are playing now. At the end of last season, and with all the off-pitch problems, I thought we would be playing even worse than we were then, so our play at the moment is a revelation. After such a poor performance a few matches ago, Joswiack has really improved, and Max Bird has become the Max Bird we all knew and loved.

Keep it going, you Rams. It has become a pleasure to watch you again, instead of just supporting you regardless. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Funny you say that, after the game i was waiting in players car park and Mac came out. I did not realise he was still around. I just assumed he was gone after all the cost cutting exercises

I have no idea why he's here, other than maybe taking training in the week if Rooney or Rosenior buggers of home.  I assume they do and he has a house here.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have no idea why he's here, other than maybe taking training in the week if Rooney or Rosenior buggers of home.  I assume they do and he has a house here.

Seriously?

He's Technical Director. He gets paid for what he does, so if he wasn't wanted he'd be gone like Given.

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's why he bought Buchanan on, the more defenders the better! Can't understand why he didn't bring Stearman on too.

That's my point (and I won't just stick a laughing imoji on your post  because I don't like your viewpoint)

He went further down the defensive route instead of taking an offensive stance.

We were better than them and could have won if we hadn't sat back (as we have so many times to our cost)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's my point (and I won't just stick a laughing imoji on your post  because I don't like your viewpoint)

He went further down the defensive route instead of taking an offensive stance.

We were better than them and could have won if we hadn't sat back (as we have so many times to our cost)

No do stick a laughing emoji on, then I'll know you don't think much of my post.

We didn't sit back they pushed us back. Except for (mostly) their final ball they didn't look as bad as I imagined they would.

I am not a fan of Roos but that save from Gabbidon was class and I some are a bit harsh on their goal as it was very hard. Yes, he should have just stuck out a boot but we’d then be saying he had a great game. And I’ll emphasise that I’m usually very anti Roos so I could just jump on the bandwagon but I think he’s being harshly treated (a bit). 

My 2p is that given our situation, Wazza is doing a decent job. I thought we’d be embarrassing this season but we actually look ok. My expectation for this season is survival and so far, that looks possible. 

I love watching Ravel on the ball. Not his best game today but he’s got something about him. And I though I’d really not like him due to his… chequered past so fair play to him. Seems quite humble and hard working. 

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

I’m surprised at the number of posts in the match thread that seem a bit down. Totally get it was only a draw against our local rivals, mediocre rivals at that. First half though we pretty much bossed it and were far more inventive and creative. Had we got the rub with a better ref, a penalty given or had Stretton just connected sweeter from the brilliance of Sibley, we would have comfortably won; because no way would that poor Forest team have scored twice.

We don’t seem comfortable one in front at the minute, always seems a ricket lurking. Yet under the circumstances of everything of the pitch, the glimpses we are seeing from the nucleus of this team is very encouraging. Rooney is slowly evolving this team into a decent one. He’s honest in his assessments and to give him more credit appreciates the backing the fans are giving right now.

As much as not winning is a bit deflating, there’s a fair few reasons for optimism in this team under Rooney; he’s slowly winning me back over.

He’ll never win me over, regardless of performances or (lack of) results. But that’s just me I guess.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Does anybodody know what happened in the south stand left of the goal, after the game some paramedics and stewards seem to attend to this man, long after the game had finished.

Some altercation led to a person getting pushed down the stairs and he collided with a steward who wasn’t expecting it and I think he hit his head on the side or floor - took the medics an age to get to him, hopefully he’s ok. No idea what led to the pushing in the first place. 

18 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

I love watching Ravel on the ball. Not his best game today but he’s got something about him. And I though I’d really not like him due to his… chequered past so fair play to him. Seems quite humble and hard working. 

Ok he’s our best player and hats off to Rooney on that. But he’s greedy in front of goal - needs to trust the others. And he’s still not fit enough. He should have closed down the cross that made the goal  

don’t get me wrong, I know he’s our best player