Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm no tactical genious, But I can tell you what WR has said when asked, He wants to play out from the back, Keep the ball and work it upfield, There appears to be a new thinking with this tactic, Some prem teams are doing this, We looked comfortable in the 1st half, But Forest changed tack and put the pressure on us.

We also have no one to kick it to up front who stands a chance of winning it so it’s to Forsyth on the half way line or nothing 

57 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

We can't moan about the penalities given Forsyth should've been sent off in the 6th minute and set up our goal 4 minutes later.

Ravel was blowing from about 60 minutes onwards and should've been replaced by Watson.

And Roos is an absolute fraud, a complete and utter liability - whenever there's a bit of pressure he just crumbles.

You mean like when he made that outstanding fingertip save when there was just as much pressure?

it was a mistake for sure, but those suggesting Marshall is better (not saying you are one of those by the way) are conveniently forgetting similar blunders from him. 

1 minute ago, r_wilcockson said:

Very surprised if it was as low as that. I was sitting in West Stand Lower and looking around I could hardly see any empty seats. 

Well I thought it looked and sounded fuller than that, I'm just going on what I saw earlier mate

32 minutes ago, roboto said:

Game changed when Lawrence went off. Stretton and Buchanan came and and did well, but Lawrence was the best player on the pitch today.

Without more squad options we will struggle to see out games comfortably and it is hard for Rooney to make positive attacking substitutions with what he has available.

But local derbies aren’t always a true reflection of form and I believe we can kick on after the international break and secure more points.

Shout out to Jozwiak who had another good game for us going forward, yeah he made a couple of errors here and there, but overall he was a real threat and made problems for the Forest defence.

I’d disagree with your first sentence.

The game was changed with Forests HT sub and tactical changes.

Lawrence going off meant we carried a bit less threat, but didn’t change the fact we we’re on the back foot for the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I’d disagree with your first sentence.

The game was changed with Forests HT sub and tactical changes.

Lawrence going off meant we carried a bit less threat, but didn’t change the fact we we’re on the back foot for the 2nd half.

I actually think Stretton coming on started to give us a bit of a foothold in the final third as the ball stuck more when we cleared. (Compared to the second half without him) 

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

You mean like when he made that outstanding fingertip save when there was just as much pressure?

it was a mistake for sure, but those suggesting Marshall is better (not saying you are one of those by the way) are conveniently forgetting similar blunders from him. 

We're a mid to bottom Championship team, Goalkeepers make mistakes, It's the frequency of these mistakes that cost points, Last season both Eddison and Allison made huge errors even with great defenders infront of them, We had an opportunity to clear the ball in the box, Unfortunately Kell wasn't up to stopping the shot...we have what we have and mistkes will continue imo.

12 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Very surprised if it was as low as that. I was sitting in West Stand Lower and looking around I could hardly see any empty seats. 

Likewise. Watching on tv, a few empty seats but from the angles shown way way way more than that. Was it that deceptive ??? Thats more than 10k below capacity. 

Edited by SKRam
Added text

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I actually think Stretton coming on started to give us a bit of a foothold in the final third as the ball stuck more when we cleared. (Compared to the second half without him) 

Yeah I’d agree with that, Lawrence was always likely to fall away from the 50th min onwards and Stretton gave us the mobility and a focal point needed to drag players around/hold on to the ball better.

I really like the look of Stretton actually, he needs a few seasons to develop fully, but there’s a good striker in there who we can rely on as decent backup now.

Edited by Ramarena

16 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

It would be 23 to 24 at the most. In the south stand you could see a lot of empty seats masked by the fact that everyone was spread out 

I think you have to give Forest credit for coming back into the game and giving us something to think about. They adjusted and there were some good chances for Johnson, Worrall and Grabban before the eventual goal.

For us, there were encouraging signs. We actually played some good football at times. There was bravery, intent and desire. We looked like a team out there, and better yet one that could cause other teams problems. The goal was a really well worked move, for example. Personally I can’t wait to see Lawrence and Morrison playing together in full flow.

But there is bound to be frustration too, as we really should have got the second goal and won that game. We have dropped seven points from winning positions already. We have conceded numerous goals from set pieces and crosses into the box. These are worrying patterns.

All in all I think we can take heart from today but at the same time, we have to smarten up, learn fast and start to make our good moments count. Especially with the threat of a points deduction ever looming.

We don’t want to be looking back in a few months wondering what could have been and rueing missed opportunities.