Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Refs in this league are just people with a whistle. God knows how he thinks pulling players down in the box is no foul committed. They are just someone required to get the game played don’t expect them to be any good. It’s not changed for 40 years and that’s just how long I’ve been watching.

On a completely side note and apologies if this has been mentioned….

what the hell was that smell in the east stand concourse/bogs?????? WTF!!!

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Not too much of a problem with Roos and the goal - let down by those who let the ball cross over through the box. Johnson hit his shot well - hard and low.

However you must only have one decent eye Angie if you think Fozzy didn’t try to leave something on the Forest Lad. He might not have been aiming for his nads, but he knew what he was doing when he trod on him. He will be lucky to avoid retrospect punishment.

I honestly thought he was trying to avoid him! Fozzy hasn't got a bad intention in him, imo.

Cyclops. ?

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

I honestly thought he was trying to avoid him! Fozzy hasn't got a bad intention in him, imo.

Cyclops. ?

This is going to sound like the worst excuse ever, but maybe Fozzy, given his history of ACL injuries, at least two of which occured innocuously from awkward landings, needs to make sure he lands with his leg in a certain position?

The fact his landing was cushioned by a red dogs knackers was just a bonus.

8 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

On a completely side note and apologies if this has been mentioned….

what the hell was that smell in the east stand concourse/bogs?????? WTF!!!

I also noticed the green signs on the floors in the bogs the feet are the wrong way around. The big toes are on the outside. Just an observation but it tells me we can’t get the basics right.

8 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Refs in this league are just people with a whistle. God knows how he thinks pulling players down in the box is no foul committed. They are just someone required to get the game played don’t expect them to be any good. It’s not changed for 40 years and that’s just how long I’ve been watching.

8 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Yesterday’s incumbent kept blinking for long periods . That’s why he missed everything .

Normally pretty positive and upbeat about us but found yesterday’s second half incredibly disappointing and almost painful to endure. Especially after that first half when it was everything one could have asked for and more.

Would love to have known what went on at half time to have led to such a change in attitude. It was almost as if we were determined to keep trying to shoot ourselves in the foot until we actually  did ! 

I find it baffling that we think it will be a successful tactic to give the ball to Davies and Shinniesta to start off our moves upfield. That is not either of theirs’ game and never will be. Wasn’t it Clough senior who instructed ball winners like those two to just win it and then give it to someone who was capable of doing something with it ? And as for this bizarre six yard kick off routine that we persist with, the less said the better !

Thought Tom was really lively first half and the goal was brilliant. But until he becomes a true team player, and takes opportunities to give the ball to teammates in much better positions, he will struggle to fulfil his potential. Although very surprising at the time, his exclusion from the Wales Euros squad his probably understandable on that basis.

Same goes to Ravel to some extent too. And it would be great to know why he didn’t get subbed off in the second half too, when he was clearly suffering and effectively we were reduced to playing with ten men at times. 

On the plus side, there were plenty of really good performances yesterday. Byrne was so much better than the Boro game. Bird, Jags, Fozzy, Joz all had really good games to me.

So all in all, a little bit downbeat unfortunately. Mainly due to the lack of common sense and logic displayed by both the team and the management in the second half.

And, of course, because it was Forest. You do wonder if they ever be more “there for the taking” than that !

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I also noticed the green signs on the floors in the bogs the feet are the wrong way around. The big toes are on the outside. Just an observation but it tells me we can’t get the basics right.

They’re anticipating you being so desperate for the toilet by the time the queue gets in there, that you’re shuffling forward with your legs crossed!

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

yes, Fozzy will probably cop it but don’t think he should. If anyone on this forum thinks he’s the type to stamp intentionally on gonads, I’d be surprised   Even gumps gonads 

thought Fozzy had a pretty good game in fact esp given that he was leading the charge on Tuesday. Especially THAT pass  

A well constructed defence...me-lud, The only one who knows if it was intentional or not is Craig Forsyth, I don't buy into this inocent Scotsman, This is a local "Derby", Over the last years 55+ i've seen all the "derbys" in Britain on TV, European "derbys" to boot, They can turn an angel into the devil.

I'll stick to my original opinion of "intent" if and only if it goes to the disciplinary panel he'll be found inocent or guilty, The video will be studied in ultra slo-motion for dramatic effect...so let the panel decide?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A well constructed defence...me-lud, The only one who knows if it was intentional or not is Craig Forsyth, I don't buy into this inocent Scotsman, This is a local "Derby", Over the last years 55+ i've seen all the "derbys" in Britain on TV, European "derbys" to boot, They can turn an angel into the devil.

I'll stick to my original opinion of "intent" if and only if it goes to the disciplinary panel he'll be found inocent or guilty, The video will be studied in ultra slo-motion for dramatic effect...so let the panel decide?

Any other player on either side and I’d agree with you Alf, but 100% Fozzy wouldn’t ever intend it 

1 hour ago, Bianoic said:

Normally pretty positive and upbeat about us but found yesterday’s second half incredibly disappointing and almost painful to endure. Especially after that first half when it was everything one could have asked for and more.

Would love to have known what went on at half time to have led to such a change in attitude. It was almost as if we were determined to keep trying to shoot ourselves in the foot until we actually  did ! 

I find it baffling that we think it will be a successful tactic to give the ball to Davies and Shinniesta to start off our moves upfield. That is not either of theirs’ game and never will be. Wasn’t it Clough senior who instructed ball winners like those two to just win it and then give it to someone who was capable of doing something with it ? And as for this bizarre six yard kick off routine that we persist with, the less said the better !

Thought Tom was really lively first half and the goal was brilliant. But until he becomes a true team player, and takes opportunities to give the ball to teammates in much better positions, he will struggle to fulfil his potential. Although very surprising at the time, his exclusion from the Wales Euros squad his probably understandable on that basis.

Same goes to Ravel to some extent too. And it would be great to know why he didn’t get subbed off in the second half too, when he was clearly suffering and effectively we were reduced to playing with ten men at times. 

On the plus side, there were plenty of really good performances yesterday. Byrne was so much better than the Boro game. Bird, Jags, Fozzy, Joz all had really good games to me.

So all in all, a little bit downbeat unfortunately. Mainly due to the lack of common sense and logic displayed by both the team and the management in the second half.

And, of course, because it was Forest. You do wonder if they ever be more “there for the taking” than that !

They changed tactics by pressing us, closing Roos down and cutting off passes to Byrne and Forsyth. This caused us to kick long. We were unable to complete with long balls although Stretton did well when he came on.

this enabled the Gumps to get on top

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

They changed tactics by pressing us, closing Roos down and cutting off passes to Byrne and Forsyth. This caused us to kick long. We were unable to complete with long balls although Stretton did well when he came on.

this enabled the Gumps to get on top

You are right

One might have hoped, though, that we would have responded appropriately. Why  did we persist with the daft goal kick routine, and constantly giving the ball to Davies to try to do something with ? Just seemed to be a lack of communication by the management and a lack of footballing intelligence

Seems to me that we have three or four players who are very comfortable on the ball, even when it is fired in at them - Tom, Joz, Max and Ravel. Don’t understand why we don’t just aim to get those guys on the ball every time we have won it ? At least 3 of the 4 have shown they can control it and do something with it even when marked and under a lot of pressure .

18 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

You are right

One might have hoped, though, that we would have responded appropriately. Why  did we persist with the daft goal kick routine, and constantly giving the ball to Davies to try to do something with ? Just seemed to be a lack of communication by the management and a lack of footballing intelligence

Seems to me that we have three or four players who are very comfortable on the ball, even when it is fired in at them - Tom, Joz, Max and Ravel. Don’t understand why we don’t just aim to get those guys on the ball every time we have won it ? At least 3 of the 4 have shown they can control it and do something with it even when marked and under a lot of pressure .

We needed to go to a back 3 sooner. When we did you could see the space that we had on the flanks for Buchanan to run into. 

Rooney sets up the team really well, the first half and in particular the interplay between Morrison and Lawrence was a pleasure to watch. 

Rooney needs to react more quickly when the opposition changes tactics as the Gumps did. 

it is a credit to Derby that the other teams need to change systems but we need to react more quickly when they do it

Watched the highlights on quest. Need to watch game back as it’s probably a fairer reflection but the highlights were a good watch. Forest barely featured which is how I recall it. For all their play in the second half they created 2 chances in the whole game!!  Brilliance from Grabban with the will Hughes style flick, and goal which watching back, yes Kelle will be disappointed but it’s hardly an error, it was a good strike from Johnson.

BUT - the goal shouldn’t have stood defender was pulled out of the way to create space for Johnson. The two penalties denied for Derby were absolutely stonewall. Forest deserved absolutely nothing and it’s a very lucky point from their perspective. Forest fans I met out in Nottingham last night were delighted. Not surprised.

As for Fozzy, we all know he’s an honest player and he’s not dirty in the slightest. The slow mo might have made it look worse, but it was 100% a red card. Maybe the occasion got to him, would’ve changed the game (because Foz was outstanding probably his best game in 3 or 4 years). Hope he doesn’t get retrospective action but if he doesn’t, he stamped on a Forest player’s baalocks!! Good lad!! He should be immortalised and become a club legend. 

24 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

You are right

I blame Davies and Jagielka for constantly passing back to the incompetent kicking of Roos. 

This put us under more pressure than a forward pass to one of our ball playing experts. 

11 hours ago, Rev said:

This is going to sound like the worst excuse ever, but maybe Fozzy, given his history of ACL injuries, at least two of which occured innocuously from awkward landings, needs to make sure he lands with his leg in a certain position?

The fact his landing was cushioned by a red dogs knackers was just a bonus.

Wasn’t the lads name Zingerknackers?

39 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Watched the highlights on quest. Need to watch game back as it’s probably a fairer reflection but the highlights were a good watch. Forest barely featured which is how I recall it. For all their play in the second half they created 2 chances in the whole game!!  Brilliance from Grabban with the will Hughes style flick, and goal which watching back, yes Kelle will be disappointed but it’s hardly an error, it was a good strike from Johnson.

BUT - the goal shouldn’t have stood defender was pulled out of the way to create space for Johnson. The two penalties denied for Derby were absolutely stonewall. Forest deserved absolutely nothing and it’s a very lucky point from their perspective. Forest fans I met out in Nottingham last night were delighted. Not surprised.

As for Fozzy, we all know he’s an honest player and he’s not dirty in the slightest. The slow mo might have made it look worse, but it was 100% a red card. Maybe the occasion got to him, would’ve changed the game (because Foz was outstanding probably his best game in 3 or 4 years). Hope he doesn’t get retrospective action but if he doesn’t, he stamped on a Forest player’s baalocks!! Good lad!! He should be immortalised and become a club legend. 

The damning thing for Forsyth I think is that he didn’t check on their player (I don’t think). Surely if accidental then you would, even in a high intensity game like yesterday? 

But I agree, probably seen him play 150 games for Derby and I’m not sure he’s said boo to a goose in that time. Ultimately only he will really know.