Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

2 hours ago, angieram said:

It's a shame people can only form their opinions on players based on what Sky pundits (who are paid to create talking points) and slow motion replays tell them.

If you look at Fozzy's "stamp" in real time, he is just trying to extricate himself from the tangle. Not looking, no intent but they insist on making a meal of it.

Similarly the Forest equaliser in real time - appalling marking, crisp shot. Roos did well to nearly get down to it and many keepers (Marshall included) wouldn't have got anywhere near. But play it in slo-mo, it's suddenly an "error". 

Not too much of a problem with Roos and the goal - let down by those who let the ball cross over through the box. Johnson hit his shot well - hard and low.

However you must only have one decent eye Angie if you think Fozzy didn’t try to leave something on the Forest Lad. He might not have been aiming for his nads, but he knew what he was doing when he trod on him. He will be lucky to avoid retrospect punishment.

3 hours ago, tinman said:

It wasn’ta mistake by Roos, but he’ll be disappointed it went in. 

Agree. He has an instant to decide whether to stop it with his feet or his hands. His left foot would have stopped it, very few would stop it with their hands. Thought he had a good game, better than usual in fact

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

My 2p is that given our situation, Wazza is doing a decent job. I thought we’d be embarrassing this season but we actually look ok. My expectation for this season is survival and so far, that looks possible. 

It's a difficult one to gauge - so far we've played Forest who are rock bottom without a point before today's game and Peterborough and Huddersfield both of which were heavily tipped to be in the relegation mire in 3 out of our 5 league games, though was personally very buoyed by the result against Hull. 

Would take our league position now compared to where I thought we'd be after 5 games, if we don't get any new recruits in soon am not sure whether we'd be able to sustain this position when fatigue and injuries and suspensions kick in. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a difficult one to gauge - so far we've played Forest who are rock bottom without a point before today's game and Peterborough and Huddersfield both of which were heavily tipped to be in the relegation mire in 3 out of our 5 league games, though was personally very buoyed by the result against Hull. 

Would take our league position now compared to where I thought we'd be after 5 games, if we don't get any new recruits in soon am not sure whether we'd be able to sustain this position when fatigue and injuries and suspensions kick in. 

I get what you're saying, but Huddersfield have won 3 of the other 4 games that they've played, who tipped them to do what is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

I get what you're saying, but Huddersfield have won 3 of the other 4 games that they've played, who tipped them to do what is irrelevant.

Yes agreed was just saying difficult one to gauge after 5 games but like I said I would have taken where we are now at the start of the season. 

Not sure how sustainable it will be though. 

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bit of positivity here, yes I know it was against forest. But down the middle we have some very tasty link up play. Always involving Ravel with some beautiful one two's right outside their box. Didn't result in the goal we so sorely needed today but bodes well for the future.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The player DID make a reaction,

Well he probably reacted because his balls were trodden on.

But when it comes to: was it a foul? the player is the last person in the country to express a view, because he was on his back looking at the sky at the time of the alleged offence.

The slow motion is damning but I think @angieramgot it right. He didn’t intentionally stamp. At the most he avoided an opportunity not to land on the guys’ cahones. Don’t think that’s a red card or even a foul. This is not a tickling contest

Thinking about it I’m not sure it was even a direct hit.  If you had 90 kgs of Scotsman land from height directly on both or even one baalock, with studs, I think you’d be the proud owner of quite a thin waffle. Your reaction would be rather different. 

yes, Fozzy will probably cop it but don’t think he should. If anyone on this forum thinks he’s the type to stamp intentionally on gonads, I’d be surprised   Even gumps gonads 

thought Fozzy had a pretty good game in fact esp given that he was leading the charge on Tuesday. Especially THAT pass  

Well I thought it was a good game and probably the best East Midlands Derby for a while. At last there was a bit of needle between the two teams. Love it. That said how it ended up 4 yellow cards to 1 against us is beyond me. 

Yes we should’ve won. We murdered them first half and we had equal chances in the second. Before Roos error there was the Roos world class save but other than that I can’t remember them creating anything else even though they had more play. Sambas made at least two good saves McKenna somehow got a toe to stretton’s shot, another awesome block stopped Fozzy being played clean through by Jozwiak, and that’s before we talk about the 3 penalties we should’ve had.

But I’m going to focus on the positives. We played some great stuff at times, we have a plan, a pattern of play, a method. They have none of that. They play on second balls and wait for mistakes and rely on individuals. We have some serious young talent in our ranks. I love the brand of football we’re trying to play and I think we will improve. Criticise Forest all you want but they don’t ship many goals yet we carved them open at times today.

23,000 today yet the atmosphere was awesome!! I’m going to enjoy this season!

25 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well I thought it was a good game and probably the best East Midlands Derby for a while. At last there was a bit of needle between the two teams. Love it. That said how it ended up 4 yellow cards to 1 against us is beyond me. 

Yes we should’ve won. We murdered them first half and we had equal chances in the second. Before Roos error there was the Roos world class save but other than that I can’t remember them creating anything else even though they had more play. Sambas made at least two good saves McKenna somehow got a toe to stretton’s shot, another awesome block stopped Fozzy being played clean through by Jozwiak, and that’s before we talk about the 3 penalties we should’ve had.

But I’m going to focus on the positives. We played some great stuff at times, we have a plan, a pattern of play, a method. They have none of that. They play on second balls and wait for mistakes and rely on individuals. We have some serious young talent in our ranks. I love the brand of football we’re trying to play and I think we will improve. Criticise Forest all you want but they don’t ship many goals yet we carved them open at times today.

23,000 today yet the atmosphere was awesome!! I’m going to enjoy this season!

They’ve conceded 13 in 7 games.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

For saying that we've just conceded our first goal in 3 games in the league, and only 4 goals in 5 games so far, there seems to be allot of posters complaining about our game management. 

You have to factor in that in terms of fixtures we have had an incredibly easy start to the season, so we should have got more points than we do now. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the season, if we can only score one goal against these sort of teams, what happens when we play the better ones.?

Rooney looked either stressed or pissed off in the after game press conference. Wonder if it's just the knowledge that he knows how short we are but knows we won't have anyone in by close of the window.

Also made interesting comments about the refs we are having to endure..

Edited by Yani P

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Rooney looked either stressed or pissed off in the after game press conference. Wonder if it's just the knowledge that he knows how short we are but knows we won't have anyone in by close of the window.

Also made interesting comments about the refs we are having to endure..

I’ve come to the conclusion that Refs in this league are just people with a whistle. God knows how he thinks pulling players down in the box is no foul committed. They are just someone required to get the game played don’t expect them to be any good. It’s not changed for 40 years and that’s just how long I’ve been watching.