Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

19 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

In all fairness to Rooney and I’ve criticised him a lot but who does hi bring on to change the game off that bench have you seen it. Add a baldock ckr or bielik and it’s a whole different bench with options 

Partially true but id say we sat back from the start of the second half and invited the pressure...so more about tactics than personnel (other than Lawrence's forced departure).

It was a familiar pattern to our play which was a shame as we looked very bright in the first half and only picked up in the second when we started to chase a winner.

I think that it's Wayne's natural instinct to defend a lead rather than pushing for more goals but with our frailties it seems to do more harm than good.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I’m betting if we chucked around a million at a keeper we might not get much improvement.

I’d like the chance to do so though. I’d swap any million rated keeper for KR now. 

Edited by Kingpin

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Partially true but id say we sat back from the start of the second half and invited the pressure...so more about tactics than personnel (other than Lawrence's forced departure).

It was a familiar pattern to our play which was a shame as we looked very bright in the first half and only picked up in the second when we started to chase a winner.

I think that it's Wayne's natural instinct to defend a lead rather than pushing for more goals but with our frailties it seems to do more harm than good.

I think we’re fairly easy to shut down as we play in a pretty specific way.

When it’s working it looks quite good, but when the opposition change things to counter and disrupt us then we struggle but persist with the same tactic.

Hughton tried to get his players moving into the channels and exploiting the gaps between the fullbacks and CB’s as our fullbacks play so high.

If you the watch the game look how many times their HT sub popped up in the space between Byrne and Jags trying to drive forwards dragging our right sided defenders and bird out of position. Their midfield then pushed higher to break through the gaps created by this.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's a shame people can only form their opinions on players based on what Sky pundits (who are paid to create talking points) and slow motion replays tell them.

If you look at Fozzy's "stamp" in real time, he is just trying to extricate himself from the tangle. Not looking, no intent but they insist on making a meal of it.

Similarly the Forest equaliser in real time - appalling marking, crisp shot. Roos did well to nearly get down to it and many keepers (Marshall included) wouldn't have got anywhere near. But play it in slo-mo, it's suddenly an "error". 

I'll base my opinion on what my eyes saw and not what is said, I gather you're sat in the West Stand a good 100 yards from the incident at a guess, The replay shows it as a stamp... there's no over balance or trying to extracate himself from the player...my opinion only.

Yes the ball should have been cleared before a shot was taken, But a shot was taken, Roos gets a hand on it but parries into the goal, Once he did the hard part by getting a hand on it then it should have been saved...my opinion only.

"Slo-mo" is there for the viewer, It doesn't make a goal or a stamp worse or better, It shows what if any could or should have been given.

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'll base my opinion on what my eyes saw and not what is said, I gather you're sat in the West Stand a good 100 yards from the incident at a guess, The replay shows it as a stamp... there's no over balance or trying to extracate himself from the player...my opinion only.

Yes the ball should have been cleared before a shot was taken, But a shot was taken, Roos gets a hand on it but parries into the goal, Once he did the hard part by getting a hand on it then it should have been saved...my opinion only.

"Slo-mo" is there for the viewer, It doesn't make a goal or a stamp worse or better, It shows what if any could or should have been given.

Totally agree, it was a stamp imho too. 

Not sure how you can come to any other conclusion. 

Similarly, it was a flagrant handball by Worrall.

22 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Saw it in real-time directly in front of me in the north stand and have since on video.......no way is it a red card two things to consider the ref is looking straight at it so is the linesman no reaction from either ...secondly the player and no other of his team mates protested at the time or when next the ball went dead.

Edited by Rambalin

12 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Saw it in real-time directly in front of me in the north stand and have since on video.......no way is it a red card two things to consider the ref is looking straight at it so is the linesman no reaction from either ...secondly the player and no other of his team mates protested at the time or when next the ball went dead.

Not sure that makes any difference 

Thought we played well first half, but our management seem to be unable to react to changes made by the opposition. We're hardly blessed with options at the moment, but the pattern seems to be dominate the first half, opposition changes things up, we can't cope and inevitable concede.

We weren't helped by some atrocious refereeing, but some of the decision making in the final third by the likes of Ravel and Lawrence was truly abysmal today. Several times when we could have had players through on goal we'd instead decide the better option was to just run into the opposition player directly in front - so frustrating.

Thought Bird had a good game though and Buchanan was lively when he came on (even if his final ball was poor) and the first half was good, so I'll take it, but for me we should have won this game easily after our performance at the start. Think Forest are going down if they don't change something and we should be fine as long as we don't get an enormous points deduction.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure that makes any difference 

You can normally gauge by players reaction  I will quantify my opinion also by say ing I reffed up to non league level and did lines also for ten years, .......I have seen the Worrall penalty claim and it was not a penalty he was falling and his arms are in a natural position you would be falling like that..

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's why he bought Buchanan on, the more defenders the better! Can't understand why he didn't bring Stearman on too.