Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

Thoroughly enjoyed the first half.  Excellent on and off the pitch.  Atmosphere was right up there with the best of them, including full houses and 5-0 wins.  Surrounded by feel good factor, sunshine, song and smiles.

Thoroughly endured that second half.  All a bit meh, on and off the pitch.  Much like many previous Derby games.  (Lower case being deliberate!).

Ah well.  What with an upcoming holiday, international breaks, and travelling back from Dorset whilst we're at home to Stoke, it's a full month off for me, until the Reading game on 29/9.  Such a shame it wasn't on a bit more of a high!  

Not normally as down as this after a draw, but that game really was there for the taking.  Missed opportunity!

UTR, and all that!  ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the first half.  Excellent on and off the pitch.  Atmosphere was right up there with the best of them, including full houses and 5-0 wins.  Surrounded by feel good factor, sunshine, song and smiles.

Thoroughly endured that second half.  All a bit meh, on and off the pitch.  Much like many previous Derby games.  (Lower case being deliberate!).

Ah well.  What with an upcoming holiday, international breaks, and travelling back from Dorset whilst we're at home to Stoke, it's a full month off for me, until the Reading game on 29/9.  Such a shame it wasn't on a bit more of a high!  

Not normally as down as this after a draw, but that game really was there for the taking.  Missed opportunity!

UTR, and all that!  ?

Feels like a defeat to me too

Edited by StrawHillRam

Should have had it won in the first half. For all their improvement in the second, Forest didn’t do much. 
forest are the worst side I’ve seen this season. 
morrison  played well up until he got within 20 yards of their goal and he chose the wrong option or tried to fancy about with the ball too often

46 minutes ago, ck- said:

You mean like when he made that outstanding fingertip save when there was just as much pressure?

it was a mistake for sure, but those suggesting Marshall is better (not saying you are one of those by the way) are conveniently forgetting similar blunders from him. 

It wasn’ta mistake by Roos, but he’ll be disappointed it went in. 

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

UTR, and all that!  ?

Same,two points dropped.

Good first half though and Lawrence was a class above everyone else on the pitch although Forsyth was also brilliant today.

Same old second half with Rooney failing to counter or even expect the changes that the florists were inevitably going to make,leading to a a unsurprising goal from the visitors.

13 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Feels like a defeat to me too

Seems a long time since we had a game against Forest where we haven't made an error to gift them a goal and at the other end we haven't been robbed of a penalty or had a perfectly good goal chalked off.  The only one in return was Worrall and Sambas  treat the other year.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Same,two points dropped.

Good first half though and Lawrence was a class above everyone else on the pitch although Forsyth was also brilliant today.

Same old second half with Rooney failing to counter or even expect the changes that the florists were inevitably going to make,leading to a a unsurprising goal from the visitors.

In all fairness to Rooney and I’ve criticised him a lot but who does hi bring on to change the game off that bench have you seen it. Add a baldock ckr or bielik and it’s a whole different bench with options 

Disappointing result, and I thought quite a flat performance for a local Derby. To be fair Lawrence played really well, but at no point after we scored did I think it would end anything other than 1 - 1. We started the second half like we had a halftime kip. They were pretty rubbish, and we still didn’t have the resources to get the win we needed.  Going to be a tough season.

It's a shame people can only form their opinions on players based on what Sky pundits (who are paid to create talking points) and slow motion replays tell them.

If you look at Fozzy's "stamp" in real time, he is just trying to extricate himself from the tangle. Not looking, no intent but they insist on making a meal of it.

Similarly the Forest equaliser in real time - appalling marking, crisp shot. Roos did well to nearly get down to it and many keepers (Marshall included) wouldn't have got anywhere near. But play it in slo-mo, it's suddenly an "error".