Experienced manager

Gringo

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Does anyone else get frustrated at lines such as "if it wasn't for the 11 minutes of Gibson time" - that is basically ignoring all the good luck that you get and only focusing on specifics. What is the Huddersfield player hadn't missed the shot against Roos? What if the Hull keeper had held onto the Buchanan shot etc

You can't just ignore events...

We got what we deserved in all three games we've played. At the end of the season we'll end up exactly where we deserve to be.

Edited by Rammy03

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

We got what we deserved in all three games we've played. At the end of the season we'll end up exactly where we deserve to be.

I don't go along with this.

There have been plenty of occasions where teams have lost games due to either the ref having a stinker or an opposition player cheating. These are points that you never get back.

I also don't believe that it evens up over the season. 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

There have been plenty of occasions where teams have lost games due to either the ref having a stinker or an opposition player cheating. These are points that you never get back.

It often does, but can depend on team selection for both sides. Lady Luck and Dick Dastardly put in appearances which can  tip the balance

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We have won 2 in 18 and as happy as i was with our much improved performance the other night,let's cool our heels a little,we have a long way to go.

Why does last seasons form come into it? If we had won 3 out of 3 this season would you say we have won 4 in 18 or 3 out of 3?

And, if you do want to include last season, Forest are now 2 wins in 17 so pretty similar to us.

Edited by DCFC1388

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why does last seasons form come into it? If we had won 3 out of 3 this season would you say we have won 4 in 18 or 3 out of 3?

And, if you do want to include last season, Forest are now 2 wins in 17 so pretty similar to us.

Said similar last season, and when you look at their squad... Not Hughton fan before, am now! ?

Sounds ridiculous, but Rooney's lack of experience is probably what's keeping him at the club. An experienced manager wouldn't suffer the same - and wouldn't have attracted Jagielka/Morrison to the club.

I don't think Rooney is brilliant or great but got to admire him for what he is doing for the club during an awful period.

And if/when it passes we could actually have a very good manager. Sink or swim scenario.

Edited by BBG83

1 minute ago, BBG83 said:

Sounds ridiculous, but Rooney's lack of experience is probably what's keeping him at the club. An experienced manager wouldn't suffer the same - and wouldn't have attracted Jagielka/Morrison to the club.

I don't think Rooney is brilliant or great but got to admire him for what he is doing for the club during an awful period.

And if/when it passes we could actually have a very good manager. Sink or swim scenario.

Agree with this.

I've been very critical of him, but I have respect for him for staying in this difficult period and he's probably right, most would've walked.

I still think had someone more experienced, particularly at dragging limited teams to respectable finishes, come in after cocu we'd have been perfectly comfortable as a lower midtable "bit rubbish championship team" last season.

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

There was an interesting article in the Sunday Times on Brentford where it was stated they don’t buy into the “luck evens out” thing and that they analyse every thing including when things went for them on a fortunate decision etc. 
Also mentioned when they are scouting players they go on forums such as this and interact with the super fans who have seen the player of interest 100s of times, not just the few they can afford to watch in person.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let's not get carried away. Four points in nine against 3 of the poorer teams in the Championship. Hopefully we can build on this and get the two home wins in our next two home games. I will be judging Wazza after 10 league games this season. Let's see where we are then.

Not getting carried away, but we only got 5 points from 18 against the bottom 3 last season.

A month ago, I was fearing that we wouldn't be able to compete in this league, but now, I feel that we have a reasonable chance of survival, which must be the aim for this season. Games against the likes of WBA and Fulham are likely to be painful, but most of the other games should be winnable.

Don't think anyone is getting carried away to be honest. It was a good win, an enjoyable game to watch too and folk are understandably buoyed. Emerging from an epidemic, supporting a club enduring a couple of years you could not even make up, most will take their small mercies where they find them. 

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Don't think anyone is getting carried away to be honest. It was a good win, an enjoyable game to watch too and folk are understandably buoyed. Emerging from an epidemic, supporting a club enduring a couple of years you could not even make up, most will take their small mercies where they find them. 

It is funny how daring to enjoy a victory is often categorised as "getting carried away" by certain posters on here.

If we can't enjoy the wins then what the hell is the point?!

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

You're missing the point. The same misfortune / inconsistencies would apply to other clubs in our league so it evens itself out - i.e. it's not that we literally get a piece of luck to allow an offside goal or get a favourable decision from a ref to balance the opposite events previously...

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We have won 2 in 18 and as happy as i was with our much improved performance the other night,let's cool our heels a little,we have a long way to go.

Hopefully we are on the way up now but Wayne is an extremely inexperienced manager and we have seem the consequences of that in previous matches....let's hope he is learning quickly.

I certainly wouldn't want to be crowing over Chris Hughton's current record (although I'm happy to see forest struggling obvs) as he's a manager I have a lot of respect for and it's likely to come back and haunt us if we do.

We have won 2 in 4…

31 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It is funny how daring to enjoy a victory is often categorised as "getting carried away" by certain posters on here.

If we can't enjoy the wins then what the hell is the point?!

Not my point. I enjoyed the performance and win. Great to see. But when posters are making some of the comments they are as a result, just need to be realistic and pragmatic. Bigger challenges ahead.