Experienced manager

Gringo

Chris Hughton, a name that has been mentioned on this board as an experienced manager we should/could have bought in after Cocu was fired, is doing really well at Notts Forest, 3 games in and the cognoscenti in the Trent End are screaming you don’t know what your doing and demanding he is fired after 3 games. My point is that any managerial appointment is a crap shoot and can end in disaster no matter what the length of managerial experience, therefore I would state categorically our manager is not doing badly as a novice. 

If not for the 11 minutes of Gibson time at Peterborough we would now be top of the league, I for one am very happy with the current situation at the Rams

Just now, Charlotte Ram said:

Chris Hughton, a name that has been mentioned on this board as an experienced manager we should/could have bought in after Cocu was fired, is doing really well at Notts Forest, 3 games in and the cognoscenti in the Trent End are screaming you don’t know what your doing and demanding he is fired after 3 games. My point is that any managerial appointment is a crap shoot and can end in disaster no matter what the length of managerial experience, therefore I would state categorically our manager is not doing badly as a novice. 

If not for the 11 minutes of Gibson time at Peterborough we would now be top of the league, I for one am very happy with the current situation at the Rams

Totally agree, how many of us thought Jim Smith would be a disaster and how many though Jewell was the right man. It’s pot luck with a bit of circumstance thrown in. I actually think Hughton could be sacked after we hammer them, wouldn’t that be great (I don’t want anyone to lose their job but you know what I mean) especially after all the stick they give us over Rooney. 

20 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

My point is that any managerial appointment is a crap shoot and can end in disaster no matter what the length of managerial experience, therefore I would state categorically our manager is not doing badly as a novice.

Damn right. Too many people judge managers on things like how many games they win. Obviously if you do that then Rooney's going to look bad. But if we concentrate on comparing him to a manager that's lost 3 games on the bounce then his managerial skills become more apparent. 

He's had 40 games though so not so much a novice. Although if you compare that to Alex Ferguson... yeah, novice.

We're lucky to have him.

Just now, Charlotte Ram said:

Same waist liner but no scotch accent, also I can read and write.

Kenny Burns was born and brought up in a Council Estate in Glasgow. He was often found the wrong side of the tracks, but turned his life round through football. I am not going to mock his literacy skills though. I loathe snobbery. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Kenny Burns was born and brought up in a Council Estate in Glasgow. He was often found the wrong side of the tracks, but turned his life round through football. I am not going to mock his literacy skills though. I loathe snobbery. 

Wasn’t he nominated for the Booker prize ??

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I saw him last week in his front garden in Allestree, shirtless. I couldn't resist shouted abuse, I'm ashamed, not.

We have won 2 in 18 and as happy as i was with our much improved performance the other night,let's cool our heels a little,we have a long way to go.

Hopefully we are on the way up now but Wayne is an extremely inexperienced manager and we have seem the consequences of that in previous matches....let's hope he is learning quickly.

I certainly wouldn't want to be crowing over Chris Hughton's current record (although I'm happy to see forest struggling obvs) as he's a manager I have a lot of respect for and it's likely to come back and haunt us if we do.

Does anyone else get frustrated at lines such as "if it wasn't for the 11 minutes of Gibson time" - that is basically ignoring all the good luck that you get and only focusing on specifics. What is the Huddersfield player hadn't missed the shot against Roos? What if the Hull keeper had held onto the Buchanan shot etc

You can't just ignore events...

2 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The final whistle is the end of the game