Experienced manager

Gringo

He took sole charge of a Derby team heading for 21 pts total and if you average his points total over a full season Derby would have got 53 points, which in most cases would be more than enough to avoid relegation. Statistically, that's quite a turn around, obviously there was the Bielik factor to consider.

On 23/08/2021 at 23:56, plymouthram said:

The bookies tipped Barnsley for the drop last season and they made the play-offs. Its too early to predict if they were good or bad points.

Hull and Peterborough are currently 17th and 18th with only Huddersfield belying their expectations currently. I doubt we'll see any of those 3 teams in the top half at the end of the season. 

On 24/08/2021 at 08:11, G STAR RAM said:

Interested to know what parameters you are applying to measure this?

Spanning the start of this season, and the end of last season, Forest have not won for 11 games.

Despite the tough matches that you mention, during this time they have played -  Bristol City who I believe had the worst form at the end of last season,  Sheffield Wednesday who were relegated, Huddersfield who were in the relegation battle and Preston who have made a poor start to this season.

My Forest supporting mate says Hughton is a dinosaur and the football is awful to watch. 

If the WhatsApp messagea doing the rounds is genuine too it sounds like some of his players feel the same!

His past record at Brighton and Newcastle shows he's capable of getting teams out of this division and stay in the top flight. It's a judgement call whether someone is 'past it' or not in management, dinosaur football still works as warnock has shown time and time again at this level. 

18 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Hull and Peterborough are currently 17th and 18th with only Huddersfield belying their expectations currently. I doubt we'll see any of those 3 teams in the top half at the end of the season. 

We won the same number of points from the promoted clubs as we did the relegated clubs last season.

I dunno. I was seriously critical of Rooney end of last season and I've still not really forgiven his behaviour under Cocu, but he's what we've got for the foreseeable and I'll support him and the team on that basis.

As for the here and now, anyone who feels there's been no progress has clearly not been watching games this season. Will it last? Who knows, but getting behind the team while we find out cant hurt, can it?

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I dunno. I was seriously critical of Rooney end of last season and I've still not really forgiven his behaviour under Cocu, but he's what we've got for the foreseeable and I'll support him and the team on that basis.

As for the here and now, anyone who feels there's been no progress has clearly not been watching games this season. Will it last? Who knows, but getting behind the team while we find out cant hurt, can it?

Completely mirrors my own feelings. Like them or not W e have a team to support and get behind, even enjoy watching playing. So let’s do it. A win on Saturday will really get the feel good factor going. (For most of us,anyway)

49 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

His past record at Brighton and Newcastle shows he's capable of getting teams out of this division and stay in the top flight. It's a judgement call whether someone is 'past it' or not in management, dinosaur football still works as warnock has shown time and time again at this level. 

Fair do's.

I believe Nigel Pearson had previously shown he could get a team out of this division too.

Phil Brown went from being a dreadful manager with us to getting Hull promoted. 

Currently Hughton is no better a manager than Rooney, its irrelevant what he has done in the past.