Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Max Bird take a bow. What a performance! My MOTM by a country mile.

Jagielka and Davies we’re both immense at the heart of the defence.

Baldock ran himself into the ground which must’ve took some doing with his lack of fitness/first start.

Delighted for the coaching staff, players and supporters that made the journey up. They made some noise in that away end and did themselves proud.

Put that amount of effort and attacking intent in most weeks and we’ll give ourselves a real chance to avoid danger this season. ?

Lovely!

A centre back pairing who may struggle against pacey teams, but I actually feel confident when the opponents have it out wide. Our full backs and wingers have been useless what seems like forever at stopping the cross, but now we have a pair of experienced centre backs who should put up a good fight in the air against most forwards in the league. And although I feel like Baldock will frustrate us quite a lot this season with missed chances, him running in behind seems like it might be perfect for us. He can drag the defenders with his runs and either be found with a pass, or leave a lot of space for our more talented players (Sibley, Morrison, Lawrence etc.) to create something. 

Seems like ages since we've managed to see out a game quite comfortably when leading. It feels strange!

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

Roos commanded his box tonight. Back 4 immense, Bird and Shinnie superb. Jos showed he cared, Morrison class, Sibley great and Baldock class finish. Well done all and well done Wayne. Your boys did you proud.

I thought Shinnie was poor and Sibley faded but what a win. Bird was superb.