Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

The team.

1) It means the EFL won’t register any of the trialists

or

2) Message to the board

or

3) Just wants to give some minutes to players that will make up the squad, signing trialists or not.

or

3a) This could always have been the plan 

Either way, we won’t know until Rooney talks to the media after the game, we will know in a couple of hours. I’m looking forward to seeing how the team gets on today, maybe I’m weird but some of these players are considered to be our future, how do you know they are ready if you don’t give them a chance? 

We don’t want them to play cup games, we don’t want them to play pre season games whilst sitting here saying how great our academy is.

As a regular watcher and someone that’s attended a few U23 games, it’s become a more interesting afternoon. 

This is their big chance to show Rooney they are ready and answer the questions we all have IF no trialists are registered.

Apologies for not slamming the club here.

10 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Would love to see the young lads play an absolute blinder today, especially Cashin.

Imagine if (part of) the solution to our CB problem was under our noses the whole time ?

….but most of our players are not old enough to grow moustaches ?

12 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I understand your point but If that was truly the case, why is he risking the only fit striker we have at the club?

Because there's no way to get the youngsters used to how we play without a focal point up front? Plus Stretton is still recovering from injury so you can't chuck him up from the start. I agree, it's concerning that it's got to this point, but Rooney is in a lose lose situation at the moment with the board screwing him over. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

The team.

1) It means the EFL won’t register any of the trialists

or

2) Message to the board

or

3) Just wants to give some minutes to players that will make up the squad, signing trialists or not.

or

3a) This could always have been the plan 

Either way, we won’t know until Rooney talks to the media after the game, we will know in a couple of hours. I’m looking forward to seeing how the team gets on today, maybe I’m weird but some of these players are considered to be our future, how do you know they are ready if you don’t give them a chance? 

We don’t want them to play cup games, we don’t want them to play pre season games whilst sitting here saying how great our academy is.

As a regular watcher and someone that’s attended a few U23 games, it’s become a more interesting afternoon. 

This is their big chance to show Rooney they are ready and answer the questions we all have IF no trialists are registered.

Apologies for not slamming the club here.

Looks like 3a considering what Rooney said on Weds...

Screenshot_20210801-125612_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looks like 3a considering what Rooney said on Weds...

Screenshot_20210801-125612_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hadn’t seen that, but doesn’t it make sense? I don’t know.

Play the Trialists, why are we playing players that haven’t signed yet, play the players that are contracted to the club.

Play the kids, we’re doomed, this is Rooney sticking 2 fingers up to the board etc.

Lose/lose

41 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Not sure if he's done it to make it look worse, or simply because if any of them get injured today we're even deeper in the poo. Plus the youngsters need to get on the pitch at some point in pre-season if they're going to be on the bench for the first game. 

A bit of all of the above I reckon.