Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thought would be the first to start this thread 

Looking forward to the stroll down to Meadow Lane and a couple of pints in The Trent Navigation Inn beforehand to visit the only football club worth mentioning in Nottingham. 

No time for strolling , pub opens at 12,twenty minute walk to the ground, 1 o’clock kick off , you don’t want to be late to boo Rooney on?

57 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thought would be the first to start this thread 

Looking forward to the stroll down to Meadow Lane and a couple of pints in The Trent Navigation Inn beforehand to visit the only football club worth mentioning in Nottingham. 

It's the ONLY club in Nottingham. 

Yes got my ticket yesterday too. Haven't been since we played about 6 years ago with Hughes as DM. 

Most would lineup as we'd expect for the first game of the season (something like Byrne, Solomon, Forsyth, Buchanan)

However, Huddersfield will think the same. Therefore, I'd go with Byrne, Bird, Buchanan, Forsyth. They'll then spend the whole week practicing floating balls into the box.

Then everyone is massively surprised at 2pm on Saturday when we lineup with Byrne, Jagielka, Davies, Buchanan.

1 hour ago, D k said:

By the way some of The trains are saying there taking over a hour to nottingham. There must be a replacement bus on the way. 

they’re all replacement buses. I was hoping it would be a bit like forest away and loads of us on a train but clearly not!

Anyone know anything more about which train/bus everyone is getting?

16 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

they’re all replacement buses. I was hoping it would be a bit like forest away and loads of us on a train but clearly not!

Anyone know anything more about which train/bus everyone is getting?

As someone who makes the opposite journey to matches, get the Red Arrow from the bus station.

If there's two of you, get a Zigzag duo from the driver, otherwise just buy a Zigzag.

Get off at the first stop after the QMC, Parliament St outside the stage door pub.

From there, cross the road opposite a bar called Copper, walk down the hill to the market square, keeping on the right hand side.

Once at the square, you'll see a parade of shops, a Virgin money bank, and a pub, the bus stop you need is outside, heading to Cotgrave.

The Old Bell is worth a detour, and there's a nice enough Spoons a hundred yards or so up the pedestrian road between the Bell and the shops.

Show the zigzag ticket to the driver, and when the stench gets noticable but not yet overpowering, get off the bus and walk over London Road to Meadow Lane.

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

As someone who makes the opposite journey to matches, get the Red Arrow from the bus station.

If there's two of you, get a Zigzag duo from the driver, otherwise just buy a Zigzag.

Get off at the first stop after the QMC, Parliament St outside the stage door pub.

From there, cross the road opposite a bar called Copper, walk down the hill to the market square, keeping on the right hand side.

Once at the square, you'll see a parade of shops, a Virgin money bank, and a pub, the bus stop you need is outside, heading to Cotgrave.

The Old Bell is worth a detour, and there's a nice enough Spoons a hundred yards or so up the pedestrian road between the Bell and the shops.

Show the zigzag ticket to the driver, and when the stench gets noticable but not yet overpowering, get off the bus and walk over London Road to Meadow Lane.

sound mate cheers this is helpful!! I will most likely be doing this. Shame there’s no trains for an atmosphere, but this sounds just as good

6 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

It's only a 5 minute walk from the city centre you lazy buggers. ?

You're posting this from Tokyo, I assume?

If you can walk from Slab Square to Meadow Lane in 5 minutes I'd be amazed.

Mind, I am a lazy bugger.