Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is this another cost cutting exercise I wonder? 

Makes a decent story if it was. Looking at the fixtures, we don’t even need an away kit really until West Brom away on the 14th September. 

Usually have a few weeks between home and away launches don’t we? My guess is to allow for home shirt sales to peak, then when the away drops hope you get the OMG I need the away kit as well.

£100 for both, I mean, lot of money for something that will be worn for DIY after a year 

Weird that normally the starting line up in the last friendly is usually pretty close to the one on the opening day, but I can't see this as being anything other than wishful thinking. Also an odd game for a final friendly. A conference team would be more suited to the first.

We're not actually trialling players any more are we, we know who we want, so surely better to give all the players definitely available as near to 90 minutes as possible.

The obvious ones are our choice of keeper, Buchanan, Forsyth and CKR plus Jozwiak. I think we'd be wise to give one of Watson or Sibley (or Hutchison) a proper run out too, if no-one signs one of them will have to come in opening day.

I'd like to think Morrison or whoever would only play if it means a contract and bypassing an embargo for them is 99.9% certain.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

@loweman2is clearly actually a time traveller who can pop back to any date in the history of Derby County and pick up what he wants.

“When you run with the Doctor, it feels like it’ll never end. But however hard you try you can’t run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever for one moment, accepts it. Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Then he raises his hand, and stands there poised like that for a long moment. Finally he snaps his fingers. The doors open. He smiles slowly and walks in. Then he snaps his fingers again, and the doors close. 
Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair, and the Doctor comes to call… everybody lives and we find nice things.

9E90882A-836F-477B-AE04-0982ADCABD4F.gif

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is this another cost cutting exercise I wonder? 

Maybe, but if that’s these case, why not make less of one and more of the other.  The light blue is the one I  would’ve bought.  I’ll not buy a home strip to see me through till they release another.  I thought they needed money ASAP?

Then again I know nothing about business.  But DCFC would’ve had £100 off me by now.  Would that have got wilshere on the books?