Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not sure we needed the “he shags who he wants” song, though!

It’s a bit cringeworthy to listen to.

Might just be me, but I’m not sure it’s something he or his family would want to be hearing, banter or not.

You can see why they are trying to move Ebosele into an attacking role. Bit of luck with the run, but the lads decent on the ball.

And as I write this Hutchinson has a decent effort on goal.

Let’s not be too positive though, they are a non league team so regardless of what happens today it means nothing…..unless we lose.

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

It’s a bit cringeworthy to listen to.

Might just be me, but I’m not sure it’s something he or his family would want to be hearing, banter or not.

Was it our fans or Notts County? Couldn’t tell

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Cheers for the updates Dave 

Iv given up with the password reset atm 

Tbh not a lot has happened, we’re moving the ball about nicely, playing out from the back, dominating it really. Young lads look composed, Watson and Hutchinson are not scared of trying to try one off from outside the box.

I joked earlier but this is a non league team so you can’t read too much into it, but they have started well and haven’t let themselves down at all. 

Defence has had an easy time of it so far, and that’s clearly our weakest link. That said Cashin looks a warrior, reminds me a lot of Mark O’Brien in he’s not the biggest but throws himself into it. Better on the ball than Mark was.

Thompson has been best player on the pitch. Really impressed. Need more from Watson, Hutchinson mixed bag, big lad though. Needs to use his physicality more. All others done ok, don’t like Ebsoele defending but boy is he explosive going forward.

Might be a bit too early. But our youngsters are doing pretty well. The team as a whole looks better with these youngsters than what we have been used to!

Being optimistic for sure, but hopefully the future can be bright and we will survive next season! I know it is notts county...we have to start somewhere!

A word on the recent Bobby Duncan saga, he has such a chance, we are crying out for a decent striker, if he just gets his head down and plays well, he could be playing week in, week out, silly player so far! Hope he can prove us wrong.

Edit: knocked wood three times, no jinx ?

Edited by DerbyRam!

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Might be a bit too early. But our youngsters are doing pretty well. The team as a whole looks better with these youngsters than what we have been used to!

Being optimistic for sure, but hopefully the future can be bright and we will survive next season! I know it is notts county...we have to start somewhere!

A word on the recent Bobby Duncan saga, he has such a chance, we are crying out for a decent striker, if he just gets his head down and plays well, he could be playing week in, week out, silly player so far! Hope he can prove us wrong.

Edit: knocked wood three times, no jinx ?

It is too early and Notts County now looking far more dangerous than us.