Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Really good first half that. Absolute control for probably 35 minutes of it & played some neat stuff - final ball saved Notts from being further behind.

Ebosele & Cashin the absolute standouts though. Festy's pace is a must for the league XI & Cashin has been excellent in every facet of CB play - good in the air, positionally tidy, good on the ball & even seems to be playing wrong side (left footed but playing on the right side). Fully deserves his goal. Also liked the look of Thompson - good set piece delivery, good weight of pass & generally very composed in midfield.

Watson & Jozwiak been quiet though - both need to start demanding the ball more in dangerous areas, playing closer to Kazim when the ball gets to him & being more mobile to find space in the final 3rd when it doesn't.

Agreed, decent first half. Just need to keep it in perspective though. Whilst Notts County are no mugs, it will be a different type of opposition next Saturday. I think I would have preferred the final pre-season friendly against the likes of an upper end league 1 team.

Great to hear young Eiran Cashin has been playing well. As far as I'm aware he isn't a "player of professional standing" at the club so if he were to start next week that would prevent us making one of the 4 signings, taking it down to only 3. Tough for the lad, but that's why it's odd he's playing today while Jordan Brown (who is of professional standing) captained the U23s in the last game.

Very pleased Rooney is only playing Derby players in this match. Definitely the right call. But picking a new player from the academy is a strange one given the circumstances, harsh as it would be on the lad to leave him out because of the current embargo.