Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

8 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

This team might be Rooney making a point.

Not sure who he’s making the point to though. The EFL?

6 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

That's not a team selection, it's a cry for help 

It’s a clear message to the board. We are in deep, deep trouble if something doesn’t change ASAP. 

Whether you like or loathe Wayne Rooney as the manager of this football club, surely we can all agree that he is being absolutely sold down the river by the shambolic ownership. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Screenshot_2021-08-01-12-02-07-78.jpg

I’m quite excited to see how the young midfielders fare and hope Stretton gets on. We definitely need centre halves and it seems we can only afford the old ones, but apart from that I’d rather see our youngsters given a go than last chance saloon oldies.

No surprise that some of our key players are being protected - Lawrence, Shinnie, Byrne. I imagine CKR would have joined them if he wasn't the only fully-fit striker on our books.

I am now worried though. That to me says it's not looking likely that we'll have any of the trialists in for Huddersfield.

Morris and Pearce have shamed this once quite likeable club. 

From a team of Bryson’s, Buxtons and all the rest of the forgotten toys that we managed to turn into a well functioning team to this after spending £200m. 

Beginning to think there was a hell of a lot more luck than brains in Mels wealth. 

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It’s a clear message to the board. We are in deep, deep trouble if something doesn’t change ASAP. 

Whether you like or loathe Wayne Rooney as the manager of this football club, surely we can all agree that he is being absolutely sold down the river by the shambolic ownership. 

I get that it’s a message to the board, but he’s purposely left out Byrne, Shinnie, Bird and Lawrence to make it look far worse than it actually is.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Morris and Pearce have shamed this once quite likeable club. 

From a team of Bryson’s, Buxtons and all the rest of the forgotten toys that we managed to turn into a well functioning team to this after spending £200m. 

Beginning to think there was a hell of a lot more luck than brains in Mels wealth. 

Let’s wait for announcements this week.

Who knows? Maybe instead of cheap loans we sort out the EFL/HMRC and can bring in better players.

I know it’s a stretch but without context we can’t really judge today’s selection.

I actually like that Sibley and Watson are both playing - although I assume we will be wasting SIbley out on the wing. What positions do the other young lads play - Cashin and Ebosele I know, but not sure about the others. I hope Cashin is really good, because I don't really like the idea of playing Forsyth at centre back for an entire season.

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I get that it’s a message to the board, but he’s purposely left out Byrne, Shinnie, Bird and Lawrence to make it look far worse than it actually is.

I would speculate that it's more a case of protecting them.

Imagine if one of those gets injured a week before the season... We'd be even further in the poo.

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Not sure if he's done it to make it look worse, or simply because if any of them get injured today we're even deeper in the poo. Plus the youngsters need to get on the pitch at some point in pre-season if they're going to be on the bench for the first game. 

Well Sibley finally gets to start a pre season game and we’re obviously protecting the senior players. 

Although the line up could be seen as a bad sign or cry for help, it doesn’t necessarily mean there will be no signings this week.

5 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Not sure if he's done it to make it look worse, or simply because if any of them get injured today we're even deeper in the poo. Plus the youngsters need to get on the pitch at some point in pre-season if they're going to be on the bench for the first game. 

I understand your point but If that was truly the case, why is he risking the only fit striker we have at the club?

8 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I can imagine the sort of posts there'd be if he played them and they got injured ala Thorne! 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well Sibley finally gets to start a pre season game and we’re obviously protecting the senior players

Although the line up could be seen as a bad sign or cry for help, it doesn’t necessarily mean there will be no signings this week.

Not sure we've got more than a handful of senior players to protect. 

Well and truly ducked this season if that's our squad for the year. 

Going to my first game since Blackburn today. How different the team is to that day. It’s clearly concerning. It’s the depth of squad that’s the issue. Our first 11 while not great could cause damage going forward with the right system, we have some talented attacking players when on form. If Lawrence Jozwiak Sibley Bird Kazim Byrne Buchanan all perform to their potential they are decent (don’t bring up last seasons lack of goals its clear we under performed), Watson is a big talent also. But when we get injuries to any of our senior pros we have no backup and if we get injuries to our centre halves then lord help us.

Rooney needs to go with what he has and motivate them. Everyone has written us off, if we have a go in matches this season the fans will back them.

But it’s a poo show no doubt from the management of this football club and the fans meeting with Mel and Stephen next week could be quite tasty, I wouldn’t want to moderate that one!!