The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

BBC used to be pretty much fair and neutral, the 'public service ethos' but not now. Majority of the senior posts are now taken by Tories and Tory Party funders.....hence next to no criticism of the current government.

I agree - I would also add that ALL of our media outlets have a western bias so it is interesting to watch a channel like Al Jezeera sometimes to get a different view on things. Likewise Euronews, France 24 for a none British angle....

12 hours ago, rsmini said:

Just set it up to record. It’s on Virgin TV channel 622.. strap line says “The I-unit goes undercover to expose how English football clubs can be bought by criminals and become vehicles to the proceeds of their crimes”

Got to be the red dogs in that case and fatiwakis or whatever his name is 

some of their movement of players and no doubt money isn’t for football reasons judged on the players abilities lol 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Got to be the red dogs in that case and fatiwakis or whatever his name is 

some of their movement of players and no doubt money isn’t for football reasons judged on the players abilities lol 

Always been surprised the EFL haven’t picked up on that one. They do tend to have maybe a bit too much movement between two clubs

Edited by rsmini

It's always worth understanding your news sources and thier biases, instincts and audiences.

In general, the BBC is actually pretty good, always biased towards the birtish establishment to an extent and frequently derided as "a bunch of marxist trots and ragin left wingers who hate britain" from one side and "tory party mouthpiece and in total fear of upsetting the government so they get to keep the license fee" from the other.

And yes, the arts side of the beeb is probably full of left wingers, but that tends to reflect artsy types more than it does the beeb (ditto, the FT is not a hotbed of woke-ness, which tends to reflect the business community).

Sky News is generally OK as well. It's a bit murdock influenced bit not OTT like the Sun.

Al Jazeera is a good news channel and reflects from a different perspective which allows a refereshing view on some things britian/europe related.

RT is not a viable news source IMO.

Same as most newspapers have a well known audience/editorial stance,the Mirror and the Guardian being the traditional leftie papaers and the Telegraph, Times, Mail, Express all being traditional conservative papers, but they all have a general minimum standard of reporting, even if the edirotial weighs heavy on some of them.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Not that I'm aware of but I got the impression from one of his earlier posts that some people might be p***ed off with him.

Maybe, and as I said it's totally none of our business and it's right we give him space, he has personal things that rightly take priority. Again, as I said on Saturday, I had to drop everything on Saturday (and miss the match) to be at the hospital with my mum for 11 hours (special dispensation given to allow visitors) so I know other things rightly take priority. I'd just like him to know that if the reason he's not posted his report is through fear as to how we will react then he should have nothing to worry about. 

missed the bit about your mum, sorry.  Best of luck

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

A relatively common view about the BBC, and a complerely wrong one. The single most important broadcaster in the world purely because the way we fund it means it can't be bought. What bias there is there comes from the very slightly left of centre and liberal mentality which comes from being staffed by educated British people.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

BBC used to be pretty much fair and neutral, the 'public service ethos' but not now. Majority of the senior posts are now taken by Tories and Tory Party funders.....hence next to no criticism of the current government.

You cannot both be right !

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

There must have been a takeover, because the last time I looked, the BBC was controlled by the Southeast liberal elite. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

A thought on the BBC, when everyone on the left thinks they are in bed with the right and everyone on the right thinks they are in bed with the left then I'd suggest they might be somewhere in the middle? Exactly as intended?

On certain topics I agree. 

30 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

For me it is very concerning that numerous representatives were at the meeting yet we still no absolutely nothing about the contents of it. What little has come out we all knew anyway. Once again a farce and a slap in the face of the fan base.

I've been away, and the last I heard was on the night when David said he would post his report the following morning. Came on here today expecting to read some details, but am I right in concluding that nothing of substance has actually been reported back?

If David's place at the meeting was as a representative of this forum, then it does beg the question as to "what was the point?"