The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In terms of the delay, I’d dn’t David say in his last post that it wasn’t the clubs fault?

I know David must be wrestling with some challenges that are none of our business. It’s a shame we can’t convince him that we’re all friends (well, most of us) despite the occasional falling outs and the vast majority of us just want to see what he is able to report back before the judging the club on a) our current position and b) how they’ve handled this communication exercise. We shouldn’t be be judging David in any way. If the details he is able to provide amount to sweet FA (as looks like it may the case judging by that article from the Rams Trust) well it’s none David’s fault.

If you read this David. Take care.

has anybody been blaming David?  Seems bloody odd if so

10 hours ago, rsmini said:

Just set it up to record. It’s on Virgin TV channel 622.. strap line says “The I-unit goes undercover to expose how English football clubs can be bought by criminals and become vehicles to the proceeds of their crimes”

Hmmm maybe a club the other end of the A52 ???

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

has anybody been blaming David?  Seems bloody odd if so

Not that I'm aware of but I got the impression from one of his earlier posts that some people might be p***ed off with him.

Maybe, and as I said it's totally none of our business and it's right we give him space, he has personal things that rightly take priority. Again, as I said on Saturday, I had to drop everything on Saturday (and miss the match) to be at the hospital with my mum for 11 hours (special dispensation given to allow visitors) so I know other things rightly take priority. I'd just like him to know that if the reason he's not posted his report is through fear as to how we will react then he should have nothing to worry about. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Not that I'm aware of but I got the impression from one of his earlier posts that some people might be p***ed off with him.

Maybe, and as I said it's totally none of our business and it's right we give him space, he has personal things that rightly take priority. Again, as I said on Saturday, I had to drop everything on Saturday (and miss the match) to be at the hospital with my mum for 11 hours (special dispensation given to allow visitors) so I know other things rightly take priority. I'd just like him to know that if the reason he's not posted his report is through fear as to how we will react then he should have nothing to worry about. 

clearly, for me at least, the delays are down to the club and not David.

11 hours ago, rsmini said:

Just set it up to record. It’s on Virgin TV channel 622.. strap line says “The I-unit goes undercover to expose how English football clubs can be bought by criminals and become vehicles to the proceeds of their crimes”

It's also on Freeview 235 or Sky 513.

6 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I've thought this. How nice would it be to be Reading. No one likes you, no one hates you, no one cares at all. Peaceful

I think the problem is - That's probably what players think when you approach them about joining the club too

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Hope your mum is ok...

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I bet he emailed them and got the standard "We'll bet back to you within 7 days" response (I've been waiting 10 days for a reply from the ticket office). I suspect they let pretty much all the staff go during the pandemic - and unfortunately there's no-one left that knows where the key to the ticket office is or what the password is to pick up the emails....it's hard to think of any other reason why the whole club operation seems to be so totally pants at present....

19 minutes ago, Spanish said:

There's a post from David buried on this thread at the bottom of p. 68 if anyone's missed it (and presuming all the browsers render the pages in the same way). 

Funny/sad/mad to think that Derby and Reading are potentially amongst several EFL clubs that could be featured on this, yet almost nobody has failed the Fit and Proper Test and the majority who have are small-time local businessmen, generally who've not been found guilty of anything in court?

Feel bad for Reading, as the EFL is now doing to them what they did to us. 

At what stage do the saps at the EFL ask the question as to whether they might be the common denominator?

Edited by Kennington Ram

3 hours ago, JG400 said:

I quite like watching Al Jazeera news , you tend to get less hysterics and bias than you get on BBC or Sky News (Just saying that seems wrong but there  you go)  and they do have some good/objective news documentary series so I will make sure I watch this

A relatively common view about the BBC, and a complerely wrong one. The single most important broadcaster in the world purely because the way we fund it means it can't be bought. What bias there is there comes from the very slightly left of centre and liberal mentality which comes from being staffed by educated British people.

18 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

A relatively common view about the BBC, and a complerely wrong one. The single most important broadcaster in the world purely because the way we fund it means it can't be bought. What bias there is there comes from the very slightly left of centre and liberal mentality which comes from being staffed by educated British people.

BBC used to be pretty much fair and neutral, the 'public service ethos' but not now. Majority of the senior posts are now taken by Tories and Tory Party funders.....hence next to no criticism of the current government.