The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I've been away, and the last I heard was on the night when David said he would post his report the following morning. Came on here today expecting to read some details, but am I right in concluding that nothing of substance has actually been reported back?

If David's place at the meeting was as a representative of this forum, then it does beg the question as to "what was the point?"

No nothing of any substance yet, what little has come out is what we already knew and was in the public domain. David got a lot of stick which was totally uncalled for in the aftermath. Unfortunately this seems to be how the club is ran nowadays. Even to the point where they are happy for fans such as David who do it through their love of the club are hung out to dry. Shameful.

16 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

No nothing of any substance yet, what little has come out is what we already knew and was in the public domain. David got a lot of stick which was totally uncalled for in the aftermath. Unfortunately this seems to be how the club is ran nowadays. Even to the point where they are happy for fans such as David who do it through their love of the club are hung out to dry. Shameful.

Do we know if David sent his draft to Derby out of courtesy before publishing (to maintain a good relationship), or was it more of a legal obligation? Seems odd that Punjabi Rams were free to tweet their own words hours after the meeting ended, yet David still can't post his notes. If Derby are the ones holding this up, I'd be tempted to just post! (if that's even an option)

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Do we know if David sent his draft to Derby out of courtesy before publishing (to maintain a good relationship), or was it more of a legal obligation? Seems odd that Punjabi Rams were free to tweet their own words hours after the meeting ended, yet David still can't post his notes. If Derby are the ones holding this up, I'd be tempted to just post! (if that's even an option)

Didn't i read somewhere that Mel pays the hosting fees for this forum (or at least has some kind of financial arrangement with David?) If so then it was probably a matter of courtesy to not endanger that relationship. 

Or I may have just imagined that

39 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I think David said he had to leave before it ended to get his train home, so probably needed to clarify what exactly was to remain confidential and what was OK to make public where as the Punabi rams rep obviously was tweeting having been through all the wrap up stuff. I suspect it's a bit of neccessity and and a bit of courtesy but left him needing a response from the club so it's not been sitting on him.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think David said he had to leave before it ended to get his train home, so probably needed to clarify what exactly was to remain confidential and what was OK to make public where as the Punabi rams rep obviously was tweeting having been through all the wrap up stuff. I suspect it's a bit of neccessity and and a bit of courtesy but left him needing a response from the club so it's not been sitting on him.

It's gone on a bit now,perhaps another update as to the sticking point is due.

17 hours ago, rsmini said:

Just set it up to record. It’s on Virgin TV channel 622.. strap line says “The I-unit goes undercover to expose how English football clubs can be bought by criminals and become vehicles to the proceeds of their crimes”

Criminals in English football? I am shocked. Whats next? Accusing owners of burning bakeries down?

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Not that I'm aware of but I got the impression from one of his earlier posts that some people might be p***ed off with him.

Maybe, and as I said it's totally none of our business and it's right we give him space, he has personal things that rightly take priority. Again, as I said on Saturday, I had to drop everything on Saturday (and miss the match) to be at the hospital with my mum for 11 hours (special dispensation given to allow visitors) so I know other things rightly take priority. I'd just like him to know that if the reason he's not posted his report is through fear as to how we will react then he should have nothing to worry about. 

You should have seen twitter and even some people on here on the night of the meeting. I know twitter is a cesspit, but christ alive i don't know how David manages to keep using it with some of the stuff he has to face on there.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Didn't i read somewhere that Mel pays the hosting fees for this forum (or at least has some kind of financial arrangement with David?) If so then it was probably a matter of courtesy to not endanger that relationship. 

Or I may have just imagined that

It's at the bottom of every single page on the forum for anyone who has scrolled down far enough

The club contributes by buying ad space it seems - They don't just hand money over - But they do help us keep this place going, which I personally think is to our benefit, by continuing to buy advertising 

DCFC Fans is an unofficial fans forum. Derby County Football Club contributes towards covering the costs of operating this forum through the promotion of products or services provided by the Club or their preferred partners.Powered by Invision Community

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

I agree....

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

David had to leave before the end of the meeting to catch his last train home.

It was only at the end of the meeting that the attendees were told what they could say and what they couldn't under the NDA.

So - and perfectly reasonably and understandably - David submitted his summary to the club for approval.

Again understandably, the club's administrative staff have other concerns - fighting the EFL, trying to sign players, sorting out season tickets.

So you'll just have to be patient.

iPad generation ?

35 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

David had to leave before the end of the meeting to catch his last train home.

It was only at the end of the meeting that the attendees were told what they could say and what they couldn't under the NDA.

So - and perfectly reasonably and understandably - David submitted his summary to the club for approval.

Again understandably, the club's administrative staff have other concerns - fighting the EFL, trying to sign players, sorting out season tickets.

So you'll just have to be patient.

iPad generation ?

I Want More GIF
I do agree with you by the way.

Edited by richinspain