The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Dave is hardly in a win win situation here.

I'm glad he went & i don't blame him. We'd all go given half the chance. Were all nosey enough to want to know whats going on. Its like a drama series supporting Derby 

If he didn't go he'd be getting abuse by some helmets on here for not finding out whats going on. Also he doesn't post min by min live updates from the fans Forum with mel he also gets tagged in posts & people demand updates thinking he's mels yes man paid in sausage sandwiches 

Its good that the forum have a representative that can attend. Its not daves fault if can or can't post updates. Its the clubs. 

Personally I'm not bothered if the updates never get posted on here. Its a bloody good forum & i enjoy coming on here. If stuff can't be said then so be it & protecting the forum from liable is the main thing ? 

Honestly some of the stick david gets on here i wouldn't blame him for packing the forum in. Doesn't deserve it. Imagine running a forum for fans to enjoy, vent after games and lock horns over different opinions from signings to tactics. Then for the pleasure get some stick  

David hadn't had any stick on here as far as I can see,in fact it's been Uber supportive of him,which is how it should be.

I think it's fair enough for to wonder why we still haven't seen David's report as it's important to many and we trust Dave's interpretation of what was said.

Plus we worry a little if our forum owner and creator hasn't posted for a while,he's one of our own.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

David has a dog not a cat.

Haha, thinking more Melvin than David. 

You heard from him? Take it he's alright and not getting too stressed with the situation. If I was him I'd forget releasing it now. It will all come back to bite him again on social media when it lacks the info everyone wants. 

16 minutes ago, Norman said:

Haha, thinking more Melvin than David. 

You heard from him? Take it he's alright and not getting too stressed with the situation. If I was him I'd forget releasing it now. It will all come back to bite him again on social media when it lacks the info everyone wants. 

Totally agree , there are people on here who would have him hung , drawn and Quartered through no fault of his own. Some people are like little kids throwing their toys about in a tantrum . The advent of social media IMHO is a double edged sword , it can be a good thing but in cases like people venting their spleen because they don't agree with a post or don't get what they want it becomes a weapon to vehicularise their ire and with no real reason to it. It was better back in the day .

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ah - thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

That does seem to contradict the message in the Guidelines though

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/

Either way - kind of proves the point I was trying to make. David wouldn't want to speak out of turn by publishing something Mel wasn't happy with - because the funding for the hosting might dry up. Something that would negatively affect all of us

Personally I don't think serving ads from the club counts as being affiliated or connected with the advertiser - But then I've spent over a decade now working in advertising so have a somewhat jaded viewpoint on it

Just because the supermarkets advertise on ITV doesn't mean they have any influence on what ITN News says, does or publishes - same with us

I think David and the Mods generally just don't like posting anything which would get the site sued - whether potential libel by anonymous posters for which the site would bear responsibility - or statements/information from the club that was under an NDA for whatever reason - I think both of those are very fair and I support the Mods in their approach ?‍♂️

As a general thought, I feel it’s not fair that David had to fund the cost of his attendance - train fare, food, taxis, etc. 
I contacted him via DM and offered to make a contribution, but haven’t yet had a response. 
Might I suggest that one or two others make a similar offer. 

Just now, Rev said:

I'm quite concerned by David's lack of presence on here in recent days, I hope everything is ok both personally and professionally.

Had a quick exchange of messages with him earlier today, so he's hopefully okay.

(Nothing to do with this, btw, before you all start trying to extract information!) 

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

Where have you heard this?

It was in Nicholson’s latest round of Derby transfer updates 

Rooney said they’re not training with u atm , we hope to bring them in but they are free to talk to other clubs 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-jagielka-transfers-embargo-5762656

Edited by NottsRam77

Can't help but feel the EFL will not offer any relaxation - save for the de-classification of the 'Chorley Professionals' - until the Cub at least post the updated accounts they have been ordered to submit. Of course, they may have already done this, but I get the feeling they haven't.

Is August 18th the deadline for them to be in? We MIGHT see some player movement after that but I would guess nothing before unless a player(s) is/are sold first.

3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Can't help but feel the EFL will not offer any relaxation - save for the de-classification of the 'Chorley Professionals' - until the Cub at least post the updated accounts they have been ordered to submit. Of course, they may have already done this, but I get the feeling they haven't.

Is August 18th the deadline for them to be in? We MIGHT see some player movement after that but I would guess nothing before unless a player(s) is/are sold first.

I refer you back to page 1 - The original tweets from Coles

The club are in pre-submission negotiations with the EFL over the accounts - Need to be resolved by 18th at the latest but it's a sensible move (I think) to get any wrinkles ironed out before the accounts are submitted - So then the EFL 'should' be able to immediately green light them and start removing restrictions

Why should Derby County inform the supporters of anything that might be confidential to their negotiations with a buyer or investors, as well as the complex issues with the EFL?

If they were to issue some details of those negotiations, and it was then misconstrued through the social media platforms which many people use to spread rumour and untruth, then all of those matters would collapse into chaos and repercussions.

If I was running any business, from a football club to a corner shop, and I was negotiating a buy-out, or having to deal with an accountancy issue which could end up in a court of law, then I would refuse to tell anyone until the matters were resolved.

The fans do not own the club. The fans do not have any shareholding in the club.

All we are asked to do is to pay for a ticket, be it on a match-to-match basis, or by season ticket, where we get some discount. If we don't like what's going on, we can either grin and bear it (like we're doing at the present), or don't attend and save your money.

9 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Why should Derby County inform the supporters of anything that might be confidential to their negotiations with a buyer or investors, as well as the complex issues with the EFL?

If they were to issue some details of those negotiations, and it was then misconstrued through the social media platforms which many people use to spread rumour and untruth, then all of those matters would collapse into chaos and repercussions.

If I was running any business, from a football club to a corner shop, and I was negotiating a buy-out, or having to deal with an accountancy issue which could end up in a court of law, then I would refuse to tell anyone until the matters were resolved.

The fans do not own the club. The fans do not have any shareholding in the club.

All we are asked to do is to pay for a ticket, be it on a match-to-match basis, or by season ticket, where we get some discount. If we don't like what's going on, we can either grin and bear it (like we're doing at the present), or don't attend and save your money.

Tell you what then,don't bother then calling meetings in order to clear the air and update the fans....

10 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I thought this was supposed to be a comms exercise by the club to improve relationships.  Failed abysmally, I agree the rights of the supporters must be limited but really, was this yet another venting exercise from our great leader?

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I thought this was supposed to be a comms exercise by the club to improve relationships.  Failed abysmally, I agree the rights of the supporters must be limited but really, was this yet another venting exercise from our great leader?

I think the intention was genuinly good. Just the execution of it and the communication after it has been, i'll say, "sub-optimal".

What do fans want to know? Well, all kinds of things that it would be inadvisable to put into the public domain. So, tell some but they can't tell anyone else (under a legal NDA) or just don't tell them at all. It really sucks.

Then we're going onto trying to read subtexts, impressions of how someone felt it went based of a tweet etc etc.

I don't think anyone is going to feel great about it until there is resolution.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the intention was genuinly good. Just the execution of it and the communication after it has been, i'll say, "sub-optimal".

What do fans want to know? Well, all kinds of things that it would be inadvisable to put into the public domain. So, tell some but they can't tell anyone else (under a legal NDA) or just don't tell them at all. It really sucks.

Then we're going onto trying to read subtexts, impressions of how someone felt it went based of a tweet etc etc.

I don't think anyone is going to feel great about it until there is resolution.

from a distance it looks like Mel entered the dressing again to vent his frustrations.  Add that to the weeping evidence to DC1 about the EFL being beastly to him

21 hours ago, cheron85 said:

It's at the bottom of every single page on the forum for anyone who has scrolled down far enough

The club contributes by buying ad space it seems - They don't just hand money over - But they do help us keep this place going, which I personally think is to our benefit, by continuing to buy advertising 

DCFC Fans is an unofficial fans forum. Derby County Football Club contributes towards covering the costs of operating this forum through the promotion of products or services provided by the Club or their preferred partners.Powered by Invision Community

Quite correct. Anybody else seen this ad:

For Sale: football club, ground not included. £100Mill ovno; will consider p/x for a big yacht or summat similar. Apply Box MEL1 ?