The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

I see some people have moved on from googling 'NDA' and are now pontificating on the job function and performance of the club's CEO. I always knew that if I wanted sound business advice, I should first seek the wisdom of the good people on a football club forum ?

If you can’t pontificate on the job function and performance of Stephen Pearce on a forum set up specific to Derby County, can you tell us all where a more appropriate forum is for such discussion?

13 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I see some people have moved on from googling 'NDA' and are now pontificating on the job function and performance of the club's CEO. I always knew that if I wanted sound business advice, I should first seek the wisdom of the good people on a football club forum ?

Alright Lord Sugar, fancy buying a tasty little outfit in the midlands? 

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Stupid question and am sure there's I hope s good reason....why does the club want to check any report regards the content of the meeting before it gets sent out presumably to censor or vet it when they could just send out a press release themselves that they are happy with?

It just doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

I think Jim Wheeler pretty much said it on RD. Mel wanted to vent, to tell the story of how he feels wronged - both by the EFL and by the views of fans of him on social media. But much of what he said either would risk any conclusion of the EFL fiasco or endanger any sale of the club to prospective new owners. So, and I understand this totally, I guess anyone writing up notes from that meeting just wants to make sure they weren't the one who said the wrong thing that caused the latest sale of the club to fall through.

For this reason, Mel should have just shut up or gone out and got a counselor. Sell your memoirs or do the podcast tour when all of this is done but as it is all in such a sensitive state it beggars belief that Mel would put it all at risk just for the sake of a little personal redemption here and now.

53 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If you can’t pontificate on the job function and performance of Stephen Pearce on a forum set up specific to Derby County, can you tell us all where a more appropriate forum is for such discussion?

I see criticising Stephen Pearce in the same way I see people criticising individual members of the coaching staff.  None of us know exactly what their job description is, what specific instructions they've been given from higher-ups, what constraints they're operating under and so on, so there's no real point criticising individual members. We have no real metric to measure their job performance against.  You've just got to treat the management collectively (both the football side and the boardroom side) and direct any blame at the boss IMO.

3 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Finally today we are going to the hospital so my partner can be induced and give birth to our Son (in the next hour) So I won't look at this till later on but hoping for some good news and that our new little ram brings us some luck! 

COYR

Good luck - that will take your mind of DCFC for a while ...

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Finally today we are going to the hospital so my partner can be induced and give birth to our Son (in the next hour) So I won't look at this till later on but hoping for some good news and that our new little ram brings us some luck! 

COYR 

Good luck. Hope it all goes well.

Enjoy the special time and forget about football shenanigans.

8 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

Best of luck buddy … enjoy it 

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

I know your comment is tongue in cheek but there are some very experienced and knowledgeable people on this site. For me the CEO and we are talking about Stephen Pearce has got away lightly so far.

He is a chartered accountant and a lot of our issues are to do with finance. He is also the operational head of DCFC so it’s his responsibility to make sure it is run correctly. If he was the CEO of any company with shareholders he would be keeping an eye on his taxi pulling up. I have no problem with his as a person but he needs to accept responsibility for the problems we are in.   

9 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

Poorly disguised "I got laid" post IMO...

Also congratulations, obviously ?

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I see criticising Stephen Pearce in the same way I see people criticising individual members of the coaching staff.  None of us know exactly what their job description is, what specific instructions they've been given from higher-ups, what constraints they're operating under and so on, so there's no real point criticising individual members. We have no real metric to measure their job performance against.  You've just got to treat the management collectively (both the football side and the boardroom side) and direct any blame at the boss IMO.

by that logic we may as well close the forum.

39 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I think Jim Wheeler pretty much said it on RD. Mel wanted to vent, to tell the story of how he feels wronged - both by the EFL and by the views of fans of him on social media. But much of what he said either would risk any conclusion of the EFL fiasco or endanger any sale of the club to prospective new owners. So, and I understand this totally, I guess anyone writing up notes from that meeting just wants to make sure they weren't the one who said the wrong thing that caused the latest sale of the club to fall through.

For this reason, Mel should have just shut up or gone out and got a counselor. Sell your memoirs or do the podcast tour when all of this is done but as it is all in such a sensitive state it beggars belief that Mel would put it all at risk just for the sake of a little personal redemption here and now.

Sounds like Mel just wanted those that went to feel sorry for him and pass onto supporters that we should always feel for him and that’s he’s been hard done by instead of actually taking responsibility for the mess we are in

9 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

What happened? Did EraniosSocks leak? 

Seriously, congratulations and hope all is joyful for you.