The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Firstly the club only has to deal with these issues because Mel tried to circumvent the FFP P&S rules, this was necessary because between him and Pearce they seem to struggle to add up to £39M losses over 3 seasons.  Had Mel of had a go and tried to stay within FFP Limits, he could of reigned in the last years expenditure in the final year of the 3 year cycle, then had a go again the following 2  years.  His mismanagement of the available funds has been nothing short of a disgrace, he's been continually overspending them blames everyone else but himself and asks everyone to feel sorry for him because he's bust the DCFC Credit Card.  Trust me when the real state of the club becomes apparent and those that blindly follow him, may just wake up and smell the coffee!   

We are up in arms because we have become a complete laughing stock!!!!!

You’re responding to my post but we’re talking about different things. I’m saying that the meeting with fans was a foolish waste of time, largely brought about by the fans. 

You’re explaining why in your view we are where we are. 

(BTW I’d make the usual response to you comments, ie hindsight is a wonderful thing, Mel almost made it against the odds and if he had done so he would be your hero and mine too. And yes, I know he has made some big mistakes ...) 

17 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Yes, the buck stops with Mel, but I actually think a lot of the blame also needs to go on Pearce's doorstep.

As CEO, Pearce should be responsible for the day to day management of the club. He is responsible for managing the clubs finances responsibly and making sure we remain a viable business. The whole accounts fiasco is his to clean up, so is the communication with fans, so is the relationship with the EFL. Its his responsibility to ensure that players get paid on time, for making sure that contracts can and are provided to players. For making sure the strategy set by the board/ownership is implemented effectively. None of that he has done. I see nothing from his tenure as CEO to suggest he has been successful and meet whatever objectives he's been set.

I can't actually believe he's kept his job through the whole fiasco. It seems to me that Mel has had to perform the CEO position. 

That is a very valid point, but, do you seriously think a man who undermines the manager by going into the dressing room to tear a strip of the players or uses drones to spy on training at Moor Farm, is going to take any notice of Pearce if he wanted to crack on and run up the debts and overspend beyond FFP P&S limits?  

17 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

That is a very valid point, but, do you seriously think a man who undermines the manager by going into the dressing room to tear a strip of the players or uses drones to spy on training at Moor Farm, is going to take any notice of Pearce if he wanted to crack on and run up the debts and overspend beyond FFP P&S limits?  

Why would he use drones, when every pitch at Moor Farm is covered by fixed cameras anyway?

Just more baalocks.

Slightly off topic but mel & the boys keep sating they're negotiating with the EFL about signing free's or what wages we can offer etc. 

Now i hate the EFL as much as the next person but it clear what we needed to do. Resubmit our accounts & pay our tax bill & a lot of this is done with & the embargo is lifted ?‍♂️

I wouldn't be surprised if our accounts failed & the plan is to get as many free transfers through the door before we submit our accounts & get smacked with a points deduction and proper embargo

Having players train with the club who cant sign of play is doing my head in

Just now, G-Ram said:

Slightly off topic but mel & the boys keep sating they're negotiating with the EFL about signing free's or what wages we can offer etc. 

Now i hate the EFL as much as the next person but it clear what we needed to do. Resubmit our accounts & pay our tax bill & a lot of this is done with & the embargo is lifted ?‍♂️

I wouldn't be surprised if our accounts failed & the plan is to get as many free transfers through the door before we submit our accounts & get smacked with a points deduction and proper embargo

Having players train with the club who cant sign of play is doing my head in

In case you haven't seen it... we're also in discussions with the EFL regarding the accounts and P&S submissions. The two parties disagree on at least one element (likely the £30m for stadium or new amortisation policy). Hence the hold up on those getting submitted.

This is a proper embargo. It doesn't get any 'harder' than this.

8 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

'Enormous pressure' is being a neurosurgeon, a midwife delivering babies day on day out, or an ambulance driver arriving at the scene of an accident.

Enormous pressure is not worrying about whether Derby may or may not sign anyone ahead of the first game of the season or how to tell people what was said in a meeting.

People need to get a grip on reality. 

Derby have been in various messes before and come through them...fortunately they were pre twitter and fan entitlement or there would have been armageddon.

Now you're just picking fights. It's subjective. I'd suggest neurosurgeons on the whole never face the enormous pressure of poverty or homelessness.

7 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Trust me when the real state of the club becomes apparent and those that blindly follow him, may just wake up and smell the coffee!   

You keep on saying this so, instead of making us wait, why don't you tell us the real state of the club and where you got the information from?

Either that or just admit that you have no idea yourself other than what we all already know via the media.

You clearly have no understanding of the financial information already in the public domain, so unless you know an insider you are clearly just making a throw away comment with no basis.

7 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Do you seriously believe he was using drones to spy on training? ?

Do you not think that cameras may have been used for analysis of player performance or something?

Am I right in thinking that if we fail to sign anyone today and end up having to play the kids those kids no later what we argue will be established first team players and will mean we can sign the trialists unless we get all issues with the efl resolved 

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Am I right in thinking that if we fail to sign anyone today and end up having to play the kids those kids no later what we argue will be established first team players and will mean we can sign the trialists unless we get all issues with the efl resolved 

I believe so...but you are just speculating and working yourself up over nothing. There is still more than a day til the season starts, and I am sure the club will keep us well informed of things...... 

What's really hilarious is last night the manager of my son's team was mithering all parents and saying the deadline for registering players is 15th Aug because he needs to know if he needs to recruit new players for when the season starts.... in mid September! An under 12s manager is way more organised than Derby! 

Edited by Chester40

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I would imagine so. They’d become players of professional standing meaning, depending how many we play, we’d increase our squad, leaving less space for trialists

No doubt the club are “having discussions” about this issue with EFL but that phrase has lost all meaning as the club seem to trot it out for everything 

8 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Yes, the buck stops with Mel, but I actually think a lot of the blame also needs to go on Pearce's doorstep.

As CEO, Pearce should be responsible for the day to day management of the club. He is responsible for managing the clubs finances responsibly and making sure we remain a viable business. The whole accounts fiasco is his to clean up, so is the communication with fans, so is the relationship with the EFL. Its his responsibility to ensure that players get paid on time, for making sure that contracts can and are provided to players. For making sure the strategy set by the board/ownership is implemented effectively. None of that he has done. I see nothing from his tenure as CEO to suggest he has been successful and meet whatever objectives he's been set.

I can't actually believe he's kept his job through the whole fiasco. It seems to me that Mel has had to perform the CEO position. 

I think he is just Mels 'yes' man!