Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

9 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I do not support a thief (self-admitted), homophobic (charged), witness intimidator (charged), domestic abuser (not guilty as the witness wouldn’t testify). 

Nor me now you mention it. I have just kicked the Mrs out of the house and told her she has had her last chance after yesterday’s arson incident. Romantic candles my arse.

Edited by i-Ram

After watching the interview id give him a go. We're under an embargo, he'd be cheap contract wise. He'd have a massive respect for Rooney and hopefully he could put his arm around him and get him going.

Fergie said he was the best youngster he had ever seen. He's clearly a talent and wasted years of his career Because of off the field stuff. Not everyone has the best upbringing. I think he's a nice lad deep down, maybe learnt his lessons but was in with a bad crowd as a kid and the reputation sticks. 

Or squad is thin on the ground and i hope we can get him in and give him a run of games to get fit and see what he can do 

He's failed at pretty much every club he's ever been at and his attitude has been widely regarded as atrocious. He's basically stolen a living in a profession based upon a promise that has never materialised. I'd rather stick one of the kids on than give this time waster a shirt. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

He's failed at every club he's ever been at and his attitude has been widely regarded as atrocious. He's basically stolen a living in a profession based upon a promise that has never materialised. I'd rather stick one of the kids on than give this time waster a shirt. 

That’s a maybe then.

While we still don’t really know much about Rooney’s ‘style’ as a manager, we do know a couple of his characteristics and demands. A big one is that players train hard. If Ravel comes in and does that, showing a desire to get fit and compete, he may well earn himself a place in the squad. If he then shows that he still has some of that fabled quality about him, he could even become a good player to have on match days.

While it’s unlikely he will turn into a star, and is just as likely to train for a few weeks/months then leave, I’m interested to see how he gets on in preseason and if he really wants to play for us.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Nor me now you mention it. I have just kicked the Mrs out of the house and told her she has had her last chance after yesterday’s arson incident. Romantic candles my arse.

I just gave mine a battering because Saka missed a penalty.

Edited by Gritstone Ram
I didn’t really

48 minutes ago, KBB said:

Get CKR and super Curtis Davies to take him under their wings. Job done.

It’s actually a very fair and valid point 

U would hope at 28 he may have learnt a few life lessons and as u say with some proper senior pros around him in what is hopefully a tight knit squad he could be quite something if we can be the club to unleash that obvious ability 

This shows how completely desperate we are as a club, without a pot to piss in and gambling in the last-chance saloon.

We've been linked with him over the years and I've always been pleased we've never been so at rock bottom we've gone for him. I can no longer say that.

If wishes were wings, pigs would fly. In this case it won't end well.

Here we go again !!! It’s clear he’s got problems but it’s ok …come to Derby and we’ll straighten him out with Curtis and cos big arms around the shoulder….lol…I mean ffs … people don’t change much …so why waste our time yet again on someone who will contribute very little …do we ever learn!! 

4 hours ago, S8TY said:

Here we go again !!! It’s clear he’s got problems but it’s ok …come to Derby and we’ll straighten him out with Curtis and cos big arms around the shoulder….lol…I mean ffs … people don’t change much …so why waste our time yet again on someone who will contribute very little …do we ever learn!! 

Carl’s opening line says it all

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This shows how completely desperate we are as a club, without a pot to piss in and gambling in the last-chance saloon.

Same reason we gambled on Ibe, same reason we’ll gamble on Morrison, probably similar reason we are trying Duncan. We know there is talent there, it’s whether circumstances or luck can cajole it out in our favour. There’s a player there, but at face value a fair degree of baggage. We’re gambling we strike lucky.