Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

9 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Can’t hurt to give a trial surely.

Would need to think very carefully about handing out a contract (expect he will want more than CKR initial popcorn pay).

That’s what he has actually been good at - getting a trial - not performing on a football pitch for a first team

One of the areas we have holes is midfield. Yes, we have a real talent in Bielik...but he's injured, we have Shinnie and Knight. Yes you may like to add the untried Watson to that group and Sibley / Lawrence....both for me more No.10's. Joz again more of a wide player. So for me we are light in quality in that area. Morrison may turn out to not make it here but I'd say that in there that there's a player that can do a job in the Championship. We cant sign any players involving a fee and we also cant sign players who want high wages....so really we're stuck in the bargain basement aren't we....so for anyone to write off players (as they do on here) before they've even kicked a ball - to me seems crazy. If the Manager has faith in them and signs them on then surely we have to support them. I think many posters on here would rather see us relegated then take on players that they dont see fit to wear the shirt. Make no mistake - another season of struggle awaits us....its all hands to the pump. I dont see any problem with the players Rooney has brought in during the close season. Are they likely to get us promotion - no....are they likely to keep us out of the bottom 3 ...maybe.

21 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Puts Abdul Camara’s to absolute shame. Trots around doing sideways passes or back to the keeper, reacts badly to getting brought down then skies a free kick. Sign him up! 

In all fairness, this was his first game after 6 months. 

8 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I cannot believe anyone might think this is a good idea. Have we learnt not learned anything from Jordon Ibe?

Are we really that desperate? 

When I see things like this it just underlines how far we have fallen.

You give one man a chance, doesn't pay off, doesn't mean you don't give another that maybe desperate for a chance.

Jordon Ibe's issues are not comparable to those of Ravel Morrison.

And are we really that desperate? Sadly yes, Rooney is starting his managerial career out on hard mode.

14 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I cannot believe anyone might think this is a good idea. Have we learnt not learned anything from Jordon Ibe?

Yes we are that desperate, but I don't think Rooney will take any crap - he didn't from Waghorn messing about in training. Unlike Ibe Morrison is fit to play.

14 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes we are! - and the sooner some of our self-entitled fans wake up to that the better. The EFL have us by the short and curlies and are determined to make us suffer for as long as possible - our ONLY option is to take a punt on players we'd normally ignore. The alternative is to accept relegation before we've even kicked a ball.....

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We are in an absolute mess. Maybe Morrison signs and maybe he turns out to be good, but the fact we have let ourselves get in to a position where this is the sort of gamble we are having to explore is a joke.

Laughing won't solve the problem we're in. So what do you suggest, do nothing?

Let's face it, none of us will have done cartwheels round the house at seeing this.  But with our current situation what choice do we have.  Rooney suffers no fools so if he doesn't pull his weight or show the right attitude, he'll be gone.  He was/is clearly a very talented player and was respected by a lot of players, including Rooney himself.  Yes, he comes with baggage.  If Rooney and the coaches can get him enjoying his football he could do a job for us although I agree it's a gamble but probably one we are forced to take at the moment whilst embargoed and with no funds.  He could do a CKR on us, and then we'll all forget the concerns and cries of No!