Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

Highlights from his Wiki entry

Sir Alex Ferguson told West Ham United manager, Sam Allardyce of Morrison, "A brilliant footballer. Brilliant ability. Top class ability. Needs to get away from Manchester and start a new life"

Problems with Morrison's attitude in training had led manager Lee Clark to consider terminating his loan

West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce said of Morrison in September 2014, "It's not that he has to impress me as a footballer, we know about his talent. It's about playing the talent and himself to a disciplined life in general, is what needs to happen with Rav. If that happens we'd want him here."

Morrison returned early to West Ham United from his loan, after Cardiff City manager Russell Slade said Morrison had no future at the club.

Morrison featured scarcely in Lazio's start to the 2015–16 season, with coach Stefano Pioli criticising his effort and inability to speak Italian.

Morrison's contract was not renewed due to frequent injury and his salary

Dutch club ADO Den Haag announced that they had signed Morrison on a contract until the end of the 2020–21 season. His contract was terminated by mutual consent on 9 January 2021.

Sam Allardyce, said in 2017 that he considered Morrison to be "the biggest waste of talent" he had worked with.

Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.

After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.

Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot". He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt. He was fined £7,000.

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.  In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Sir Alex Ferguson told West Ham United manager, Sam Allardyce of Morrison, "A brilliant footballer. Brilliant ability. Top class ability. Needs to get away from Manchester and start a new life"

Problems with Morrison's attitude in training had led manager Lee Clark to consider terminating his loan

West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce said of Morrison in September 2014, "It's not that he has to impress me as a footballer, we know about his talent. It's about playing the talent and himself to a disciplined life in general, is what needs to happen with Rav. If that happens we'd want him here."

Morrison returned early to West Ham United from his loan, after Cardiff City manager Russell Slade said Morrison had no future at the club.

Morrison featured scarcely in Lazio's start to the 2015–16 season, with coach Stefano Pioli criticising his effort and inability to speak Italian.

Dutch club ADO Den Haag announced that they had signed Morrison on a contract until the end of the 2020–21 season. His contract was terminated by mutual consent on 9 January 2021.

Sam Allardyce, said in 2017 that he considered Morrison to be "the biggest waste of talent" he had worked with.

Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.

After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.

Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot". He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt. He was fined £7,000.

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.  In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.

I Like Him Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

7 minutes ago, Rample said:

Jesus , sounds like a lovely fellow ?

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Dunno whether he can keep on the straight and narrow but if he did, he'd absolutely dismantle this league. Not even Bielik comes close to his natural ability. 

How much have you seen of him, on the pitch that is? Who was he playing for and playing that well that he could dismantle this league?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How much have you seen of him, on the pitch that is? Who was he playing for and playing that well that he could dismantle this league?

Got to agree with you there @Jimbo Ram he’s another one of the great footballing myths

I'm not gonna write him off assuming he joins - I hope he knuckles down (finally) and recaptures his form.  Beggars can't be choosers after all ? 

However... we're spending far to much time in the media for all the wrong reasons atm and this potential signing comes with another series of warning lights.  

I'm just waiting for Rooney to get sacked/walk and the inevitable Joey Barton appointment next ? 

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm not gonna write him off assuming he joins - I hope he knuckles down (finally) and recaptures his form.  Beggars can't be choosers after all ? 

However... we're spending far to much time in the media for all the wrong reasons atm and this potential signing comes with another series of warning lights.  

I'm just waiting for Rooney to get sacked/walk and the inevitable Joey Barton appointment next ? 

I’d take Joey from Friends ?

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Got Ian Holloway's name written all over it ?

I can't say I ever saw him play to know what sort of player he even is/was.

Although YouTube highlight reels are terrible as evidence, there's so little to go on, no proof he can do it consistently, settle anywhere for long enough to show it and the level of opposition is somewhat varied...

... there are plenty of examples of his technical ability in the vids below. Good touch, dribbling, awareness, passing and still seems to have that little short burst of acceleration that gets you away from defenders and created space.

Edited by Coconut

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Enough. United, Lazio, the Hammers, Sheffield, England U18s, 17s, 18s, 21s etc, etc. A lot of far better judges than you and I would back up my thinking, but it's all dependent on whether or not he can keep his head straight, which is a mighty big if. Not overly fussed if you don't see it though mate. Here's some tekkers to check out...

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Enough. United, Lazio, the Hammers, Sheffield, England U18s, 17s, 18s, 21s etc, etc. A lot of far better judges than you and I would back up my thinking, but it's all dependent on whether or not he can keep his head straight, which is a mighty big if. Not overly fussed if you don't see it though mate. Here's some tekkers to check out...

Always 12th time lucky I suppose…

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The first move with the back heel was pretty good. You do realise that if he was passing that to Forsyth though, there would two desperate lunges to control the ball before it dribbled out of play.  

There are a few players who once they find their 'home' then they settle and show the sort of consistent form which meant other clubs originally invested in them.

Sometimes the pieces just fit. 

Shouldn't be an expensive gamble and Rooney will obviously know him so lets hope he can polish this diamond.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace. 

On 12/07/2021 at 20:29, DCFC1388 said:

Its not all about stats, anyone who has seen him play knows he is incredibly talented he just needs to settle down now. He will easily be the most naturally talented player in our squad.

Cant really compare him to Ibe who had barely kicked a ball for over a year & clearly had his demons whereas Morrison has been playing at teams just not for long & seems to know where/why his career has dropped off and not lived up to the hype.

he played 98 games at 28 with no major injurys. What have you seen in Rooney's man management in the last year that makes you think he can do what Ferguson,Allardyce,Wilder,Warnock,inzaghi etc etc couldn't . This club can not afford to be massaging Rooney's ego at the moment, we need tried and tested players who know how to fight to stay in this league.