Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

He’s played 98 games for 12 clubs in 11 years scoring 15 goals, but we’re the club we’re he will come good. We’ll be his 13th club. No thanks 

Edited by TexasRam

Simon Jordan makes sense on Ravel ...

“I imagine the 13th club is going to be the making of him,” said Jordan sarcastically.

“The clue is in the statistics. If you’ve played 98 games for 12 clubs over 11 years, scored 15 goals and had people talk about you in the most glowing of terms, like Rooney.

“I think Sam Allardyce talked about his lack of professionalism. I don’t think the penny has dropped. If it hasn’t dropped at 28 or 26, it’s never going to drop."

24 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Simon Jordan makes sense on Ravel ...

“I imagine the 13th club is going to be the making of him,” said Jordan sarcastically.

“The clue is in the statistics. If you’ve played 98 games for 12 clubs over 11 years, scored 15 goals and had people talk about you in the most glowing of terms, like Rooney.

“I think Sam Allardyce talked about his lack of professionalism. I don’t think the penny has dropped. If it hasn’t dropped at 28 or 26, it’s never going to drop."

Said a few things about Wazza too didn’t he ?

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I've had a thought. Stick with me on this one as it may seem far fetched.

What about letting Rooney watch him in training, see how he behaves, speak to previous managers and make a decision. 

As fans we could judge him if and when he plays.   

Which Managers? The ones that hardly played him and then let him go ? yea, their comments should be interesting ?

9 hours ago, sage said:

What about letting Rooney watch him in training, see how he behaves, speak to previous managers and make a decision. 

No....that would be FAR too logical....????

10 hours ago, sage said:

Given that half the posters on this forum, including the two Forest fans, would've taken more points than Wayne from our last 15 games, your appeal to authority rings somewhat hollow.

36 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Far fetched ??

we dont do sensible ideas  ?

Perhaps it's me but signing someone who has failed just about everywhere they have been, made just a handful of appearances and scored next to no goals doesn't seem that sensible???

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Given that half the posters on this forum, including the two Forest fans, would've taken more points than Wayne from our last 15 games, your appeal to authority rings somewhat hollow.

It was a call for patience and an understanding of the reality of our situation.

47 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Your man Chris Wilder signed him 2 years ago too. There's a reason he keeps getting given chances.

Time he took one of these chances then....Wilder isn't my man.....just bewildered that some wouldn't want him instead of what we currently have....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps it's me but signing someone who has failed just about everywhere they have been, made just a handful of appearances and scored next to no goals doesn't seem that sensible???

Good news- he's played less than 100 games in 11 years, that's less than someone who's 22 so he can keep going till he's 40.  Other than that ?????.

Unfortunately whilst we're restricted to players who can only sign for 12 months, we're effectively getting players who can't get contracts elsewhere due to age, attitude or being generally pants. The 6 month loan rule means we probably miss out on any decent moves there as well.