Have we progressed at all under Rooney?

Jimbo Ram

Just had a little look at the statistics, the facts on the pitch since Rooney became Manager. Without dwelling on it they do not make great reading. His win % is 27.8, we have lost exactly half the games he has been manager and he averages 1.05 points per game. This is worse than Cocu's record of 32.31 win % and 1.25 points per game. So let's put to bed once and for all comments that Rooney has done better than Cocu. But the question I am asking is has anything actually improved since he took over? Has he developed his own style of play? Are we playing more attractive football? Are we more solid at the back? Are we more of a threat going forward? Has he worked well and helped to develop the youngsters? Did he make some decent signings? So despite the actual stats showing things have got worse on the pitch under Wazza, have there been any positive developments? Thoughts????

IMO No ....Cocu did not have the Beilik factor whereas Rooney did and  we may well have had a better start to the season if Beilik had played and Rooney was as sharp and fitter as he was the previous season 

The youngsters have not improved for me under Rooney and we seem bereft of a playing style with results papered over with Beilik in the side, he literally made such a difference.

This is why I don't get why we didn't get a CDM in on loan for the remainder of the season Bangime hardly played so surely was imperative to get a holding player in when we had the chance to try and fill the gap

No.

It's actually surprised me.

I would not have expected England's leading goalscorer to be so defensive, and to be unable to coax goals from a team. Tactics switch every game - geared towards matching the opposition (not taking them into account, just copying what they do), team selections and, in particular, substitutions can be described as 'bizarre' at times.

The youngsters really seem to have regressed. Part of that is natural, part of that is the position the team was in. But I still think they were poorly managed.

The squad is poor, the takeovers etc make the circumstances difficult, but the squad is not as bad - even without Bielik - to think that it could not manage more than one win in 16 games, fighting against relegation. That's unacceptable.

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yay another thread for Jimbo & Roy to play Rooney-Ping-Pong on ad infinitum.

That wasn't the purpose of the post. That argument has been won. I can't remember a specific discussion on what Wazza has achieved, his successes and what progress has been made since he took over. If it has then merge this in to that thread. Perhaps you could come up with something more interesting to discuss then rather than diss my posts.....

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps you could come up with something more interesting to discuss then rather than diss my posts.....

?

You'd never be caught dissing anyone's posts would you.

FWIW:

Achieved - safety (just)

End of the achievements list.

I think with Rooney you have to take in to consideration a couple of factors, firstly that it's his first managerial job and secondly that DCFC is currently such a clown car of a club that anyone would struggle with the job as it stands.

To be honest, I'm amazed he's stuck around because I wouldn't blame him in the slightest if he decided to get himself a lifeboat off the sinking ship we all support. If he walked now his reputation would remain in tact because everyone would rightly point to the fact everything is a complete mess.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

?

You'd never be caught dissing anyone's posts would you.

FWIW:

Achieved - safety (just)

End of the achievements list.

I correct lies and inaccuracies in posts, but not when someone starts a new thread like this. What do you fancy discussing? Why not post a new thread to try and stimulate debate and help us overcome this calm before the storm period? Sure you are full of great ideas......

Our defenders were average our midfield was one dimensional and we had no forwards 

none of that would be a choice of any manager and it wouldn’t matter who it was - we were lucky not to be relagated but next season could be a different story if recruitment is good. 

We clearly regressed after a very brief new manager bounce and my biggest concern was the way our star academy players Sibley and knight looked absolute pale shadows of themselves under Rooney.

Also worrying was the fact that Rooney managed to antagonise and demotivate players like Waggers who is basically a big enthusiastic kid who just wants to play football.

I fear Rooney actually has little desire to learn and already believes he knows best when evidently he really does not.

So,no I have seen zero progression in any area and regression in most.

What makes it worse is that Wayne appears too be stubborn and self confident to see it himself. 

For me he starts the season with a clean slate and we owe him that for keeping us up. It’s all about having some quality in the squad to be able to play an expansive style, Bielik proves that.

Everything depends on stability and a good transfer window and pre season. It’s getting very close to pre season now, things need to happen this week.

UTR