Have we progressed at all under Rooney?

Jimbo Ram

On 22/06/2021 at 14:51, Coconut said:

...but only because we improved for a short spell in the middle, which just about sustained us through an awful end of the season during which we'd reverted back to our previous state of hopelessness, or worse.

If we continue on the same path we've been on things won't improve, they'll get worse - that isn't progression.

That short spell was between Bielik coming back from injury and then getting injured again

On 23/06/2021 at 12:38, David said:

Ian Evatt, started off well, Barrow and Bolton, couldn’t tell you anymore about him, style of football, signings he’s made and all that.

Paul Cook has been at Ipswich for 4 months. Won just 4 of the 16 games in charge.

Nigel Adkins? Only managed Charlton for 10 games and they were 8th when he took over!

Neil Critchley, can see why he’s been suggested, took Blackpool up, but couldn’t tell you anything more about him same as Evatt.

Chris Wilder? Ridiculous.

If that’s the top 5, with the cost it would be to sack him, think I’ll stick with Rooney but thanks all the same

I think it's you being very naive if you think our fanbase would reject a manager who has a very good track record so far in management.. almost unblemished in fact.Over someone who has an appalling record in management regardless of the way he totally undermined the previous manager.Put the records of these two men in front of our fans and take a vote and I'm pretty damn sure of the way it would turn out. And your dismissal of Wilder as a possible new manager is very strange...up until a couple of years ago he was a lower league boss who quite frankly with most fans hardly registered on the radar..You make him sound like Pep or Jose!..if he was given the job as manager of our fantastic club it would be the biggest accolade of his career.

On 22/06/2021 at 08:51, Jimbo Ram said:

But the question I am asking is has anything actually improved since he took over?  NO

Has he developed his own style of play?  NO

Are we playing more attractive football?  NO

Are we more solid at the back?  NO

Are we more of a threat going forward?  NO

Has he worked well and helped to develop the youngsters?  NO

Did he make some decent signings?  NO

have there been any positive developments?  NO

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office