Rams Trust: A Letter to the Club

Nuwtfly

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Who are the Rams Trust and what, bar sending missives to the club, do they actually do? Can anyone advise?

They are a splinter faction of the Derby fanbase. Their modus operandi is to tie the limbs of a Ram together tightly and roughly with rope to prevent them from moving or escaping and to then inflict their views on them.

Edited by i-Ram
Actually I may be confusing them with the Rams Trussed group. My apologies.

9 hours ago, David said:

Full transparency. I was invited to this meeting, but chose not to put my name or the forums to this.

Reason being as I have previously stated, this forum is a platform for fans views, I am not an elected chairman/spokesman to speak on behalf of you all, simply the creator of this platform for fans views which can already be openly seen by the club.

I did not feel comfortable signing on behalf of the forum without consulting you all, and felt my name without attaching dcfcfans.uk held no weight.

My own personal views are that this letter has been created out of concern for the clubs future and regardless of how you feel towards any of the groups that have signed off on it, do not see this as an opportunity to attack supporters groups for speaking on behalf of Derby County fans.

We all love this club. ?

The clickers gone mental on this one. 

This is interesting - and typical of Ramstrust - bombastic and self important.

They have always struck me as very cliquey and it’s something that is worth bearing in mind when we start talking about fan ownership - as we have so many fragmented groups, who is our actual representation?

I would bet that the ramstrust lot would see themselves as the elected representation, whilst many might see them as a bunch of old meddlers.

(In response to a previous question, they were initiated from the 3 amigos era, but were highly divisive amongst fans - many who resented their somewhat pompous tone.)

We might have a united submission, but if it comes to crunch of being invited to discuss the views of all fan representation, we’re some way away - as we’ve seen through responses to this topic already.

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I suspect the club will just completely ignore this. Mel doesn't expect to be in control of the club for much longer so he will likely file most of this under 'not my problem folks'. Worth a try though. 

Wonder if the authors considered asking MM to propose plans for fan ownership. 

disappointing the letter was signed by a poet and there’s not a single rhyme that I can see. 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wonder if the authors considered asking MM to propose plans for fan ownership. 

disappointing the letter was signed by a poet and there’s not a single rhyme that I can see. 

Dear Mel Morris

Our club's in the poo 

When will we receive 

Season ticket refunds from you. 

11 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

This is interesting - and typical of Ramstrust - bombastic and self important.

That's a bit harsh, they have done everything they can to put as many representative signatures to the letter as possible. I don't feel they are trying to speak for me but they are trying to say that the views presented in that letter are shared beyond any one group. I don't agree with all the points (particularly the one on board meetings - that is them using this situation to reignite their agenda) but the bulk of what is asked for is pretty level and fair. If nothing else, at least they took the time to put it together and register with the owners the general concern of the club - I don't find that self important as an aim.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How does one become part of the RamsTrust? Some of the most Trustworthy Rams fans I know are nowt to do with it. Is it a closed shop? What is their manifesto? Who assigned them “credible” status? 

I joined a few days ago, as I wanted to join an official group. They are a registered , formal supporters trust which has a couple of membership options, including full membership with a share in the trust, for £2. I personally had not seen them as being as an active group for some time and not been as active as they can and should be. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How does one become part of the RamsTrust? Some of the most Trustworthy Rams fans I know are nowt to do with it. Is it a closed shop? What is their manifesto? Who assigned them “credible” status? 

It's open, anyone can join, I'm a member (take of that what you will). Honestly, they're not the anti-Christ but just some decent fans trying to open up dialogie with the club. To repeat, I think they go a bit far on where they want that dialogue to take place but they are not some sort of militant group trying to infiltrate our transfer policy. Just fans, that's all.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/

16 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Jim Wheeler on just been on Radio Derby - as my wife (who doesn’t really care about football) said “he’s very self important isn’t he?”. Came across as pompous and arrogant - claiming to speak on behalf of all the fans. Well he doesn’t speak for me…..

Then phone Radio Derby and speak to them. I'm going to leave it here as I don't want to derail the thread but what I will say is that over the years most of the times when I've seen people take a pop at Rams Trust it has nearly always been because they feel RT are so self important that they didn't take time to listen to one fan and put their views forward on their behalf. The irony!

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

they are not some sort of militant group trying to infiltrate our transfer policy.

Shame as I’m sure they would do much better than whoever is currently managing it. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I’m not a fan of being told I’m represented by someone or something I knew nothing about, and who gave that group of people the right to think they can speak on my behalf? However that said, they are the questions that need answering so well done on that, and hopefully some good will come out of it. 

I Have already sent an e-mail last night expressing that from myself and some close Rams that this doesn't speak for us as a whole.

i think the letter is misguided and trouble making at a time when it isn't needed, i am a member of the official supporters club and i see it is been signed by one of the officials, again no official consultation has took place.

Don't usually get annoyed about anything DCFC other than results but is has really irked myself and a few others close to me.

COYR.

Edited by I DONT MIND
HASS with an extra S Trying to program a milling m/c at the same time!!

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Signed by:

Jim Wheeler, Elaine Dean, Malcolm Turner (RamsTrust)

Lynn Hemsworth (Derby County Supporters Clubs)

Gary Dempsey (DCFC Disabled Supporters Clubs)

Punjabi Rams

Paddy Breslin (84 club)

Jimmy Gregory (Rams Group)

I can understand those being on the list as they actually represent a group of fans.

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nick Webster (Flagman)

Ollie Wright (Derby County Blog)

Chris Parsons (Steve Bloomer’s Washing podcast)

Jamie Thrasivoulou (Poet)

Ryan Hills (‘Pride’ author)

But not sure how this group of people can claim to represent the views of anyone but themselves?

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I can understand those being on the list as they actually represent a group of fans.

But not sure how this group of people can claim to represent the views of anyone but themselves?

This - I'm not even sure 'Rams Group' are a group, just a couple of blokes on Twitter taking themselves too seriously. I got blocked by 'journalist' Ollie Wright for suggesting he didn't know as much as he thought he did about the finances. He quoted his source as the Sheffield Star then had a strop and blocked me, that's the calibre of people we're talking about here.

The only thing they have I right to ask is regarding season ticket refunds. 

No problem with them asking questions but as others have pointed out, who do they think they are to say they are speaking on behalf of us?

Also, is anyone else aware that its likely to become a legal requirement for private limited companies to allow customer representation at board meetings?

2 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

This - I'm not even sure 'Rams Group' are a group, just a couple of blokes on Twitter taking themselves too seriously. I got blocked by 'journalist' Ollie Wright for suggesting he didn't know as much as he thought he did about the finances. He quoted his source as the Sheffield Star then had a strop and blocked me, that's the calibre of people we're talking about here.

He blocked me for replying with ‘Yes, breeding conspiracy will help’ to a tweet about none of The Joiners Eight starting a game.

Big fanny

Jeez, our club is in the poop, nobody knows what going on and the thing that animates more than most posting in this thread is that they weren't consulted, we've got a poet signing it and someone who signed it blocked a poster on this forum or they think the tone is a bit aloof.

It's a request for info, written by a group of fans who - collectively - have a fair claim to represent more than a single point of view. If you care enough then join Ramstrust (trust me, they will happily take all the help they can get) or set up your own group. I might get on my hind legs at Nick claiming to speak for the fans but at least he's making the effort to do so, not sitting behind some keyboard going 'well they didn't ask me before sending it'.

Edited by BaaLocks