Rams Trust: A Letter to the Club

Nuwtfly

No problems whatsoever with the letter, don't think it'll even get a response though.

Do think it should have said and made more clear that it's signed by/questions asked by etc "Rams Trust and these other individuals" rather than "Derby County supporters". Because they're not speaking for supporters they're speaking for themselves. Even if I agree with what they're doing they don't speak for me.

If Rams Trust wants the strength of their name to carry more weight they should actively engage with supporters who are not members to sign more fans up. I'm a lifelong mostly (prior to last 3 seasons) match going fan and have no idea how you join them or what they stand for. Maybe you get approached in the West Stand bogs and someone lifts up one leg of their trousers to show you a Rams tattoo I dunno? Would be good for them to either post on this board, write something in a programme, write a fanzine etc so we know who they are and what they're about.

Edited by JoetheRam

On the specific season ticket issue, if you're talking about refunds you think you're due then it is worth contacting the club. On next season's season tickets, how can they say until they know more about the EFL appeal and possibly ownership? 

Like some others have mentioned, I would rather Mel's staff were concentrating on sorting things out than getting distracted by fan unrest at this time.

Doesn't mean that I am not worried or don't agree with some of the feeling within the letter, but I wouldn't have sent it or signed my name to it at the current time.

I also thought on reading it that the letter purported to speak on behalf of Derby County supporters generally rather than just the people mentioned. If that wasn't the intention, it needed better punctuation! 

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Jim Wheeler on just been on Radio Derby - as my wife (who doesn’t really care about football) said “he’s very self important isn’t he?”. Came across as pompous and arrogant - claiming to speak on behalf of all the fans. Well he doesn’t speak for me…..

I got tyred of listening to him tbh.

They won’t say anything on the take over latest and why would they? We’ve been stung twice already ok the blame falls mainly at Mels feet with both of them but whilst he’s trying to push a sale through it’s always likely to be a chancer or a fake, we need time to find the right owners unfortunately we don’t have time to do so... 

The part that is frustrating me is that this is a massive summer we need 8/9 new faces and without someone willing to pay to bring players in we won’t improve and we will be relegated next year (if we aren’t already depending on points deduction) 

We’d all like news like who is interested are the genuine etc but unfortunately we won’t get that so let’s just hope there’s lots of work being done in the background.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

. On next season's season tickets, how can they say until they know more about the EFL appeal and possibly ownership? 

I would also add it is not possible to sell season tickets until they know how many they can have in the ground come next season. 

At the moment and hopefully it stays that way we can open the whole ground if not they are back in the circle of refunds and how to accommodate a smaller number if any.