Rams Trust: A Letter to the Club

Nuwtfly

Signed by:

Jim Wheeler, Elaine Dean, Malcolm Turner (RamsTrust)

Lynn Hemsworth (Derby County Supporters Clubs)

Gary Dempsey (DCFC Disabled Supporters Clubs)

Punjabi Rams

Nick Webster (Flagman)

Paddy Breslin (84 club)

Jimmy Gregory (Rams Group)

Ollie Wright (Derby County Blog)

Chris Parsons (Steve Bloomer’s Washing podcast)

Jamie Thrasivoulou (Poet)

Ryan Hills (‘Pride’ author)

Full transparency. I was invited to this meeting, but chose not to put my name or the forums to this.

Reason being as I have previously stated, this forum is a platform for fans views, I am not an elected chairman/spokesman to speak on behalf of you all, simply the creator of this platform for fans views which can already be openly seen by the club.

I did not feel comfortable signing on behalf of the forum without consulting you all, and felt my name without attaching dcfcfans.uk held no weight.

My own personal views are that this letter has been created out of concern for the clubs future and regardless of how you feel towards any of the groups that have signed off on it, do not see this as an opportunity to attack supporters groups for speaking on behalf of Derby County fans.

We all love this club. ?

1 minute ago, David said:

I did not feel comfortable signing on behalf of the forum without consulting you all, and felt my name without attaching dcfcfans held no weight.

It is a shame there was not an opportunity to be consulted on it, whether that be a vote or something. I would suspect that the vast majority of this forum would have likely supported what all these other fan groups have come together to support. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

It is a shame there was not an opportunity to be consulted on it, whether that be a vote or something. I would suspect that the vast majority of this forum would have likely supported what all these other fan groups have come together to support. 

It is, however this is a public platform, to publish this prior to being sent to the club to gauge the support would not have been possible, if it was I would have.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Full transparency. I was invited to this meeting, but chose not to put my name or the forums to this.

Reason being as I have previously stated, this forum is a platform for fans views, I am not an elected chairman/spokesman to speak on behalf of you all, simply the creator of this platform for fans views which can already be openly seen by the club.

I did not feel comfortable signing on behalf of the forum without consulting you all, and felt my name without attaching dcfcfans.uk held no weight.

My own personal views are that this letter has been created out of concern for the clubs future and regardless of how you feel towards any of the groups that have signed off on it, do not see this as an opportunity to attack supporters groups for speaking on behalf of Derby County fans.

We all love this club. ?

This stance is completely correct. We'll done David. This is a forum for individual views not an association. 

48 minutes ago, David said:

We all love this club. ?

Very sensible and well thought out post and stance. Thanks for sharing this David

Is this the communication that @therams69 has been hinting at but not revealing details, thereby making it impossible for us to lend support ahead of release?

Anyhow, I do think it's worded well. It expresses the concerns that many of us feel.

Nevertheless

@David you were absolutely right to take the stance that you did. People cannot send things on behalf of others without prior consultation.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

1 hour ago, David said:

It is, however this is a public platform, to publish this prior to being sent to the club to gauge the support would not have been possible, if it was I would have.

I think your stance on this @Davidis spot on. This should be a forum for all fans and there will be conflicting views and there are long memories so, as well as different views on the club, some won't want to be associated with other fan groupings. 

My recollection is that the possibility of this letter had been mentioned over the last few weeks and I'd thought you'd forewarned us of it and left open the option that if someone wanted to do it, they could organize a poll and have the forum vote. But I think it would have been very difficult to frame a question, so it's probably best as is.

Let's hope everything gets resolved soon so DCFC can move forward, and with the fans onside. Unlike Waggy! :D 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

My recollection is that the possibility of this letter had been mentioned over the last few weeks and I'd thought you'd forewarned us of it and left open the option that if someone wanted to do it, they could organize a poll and have the forum vote.

Not at all, I wasn’t aware until recently.

7 hours ago, David said:

We all love this club. ?

Regardless of how I feel towards any of the groups that have signed it off, I still think they should have started with "SOME Derby County supporters request urgent clarification..." and omitted and/or amended the "...supporters need to know the true position..." .

They are still attempting to speak on my behalf without my agreement, and are asking for information which I wouldn't dream of expecting an answer to.  
Whilst some of the points raised are fair points, and/or points of interest to some and it would be nice to know certain goings-on, I personally don't "need to know" anything of this ilk, and certainly would not lend my name to some conceived "Request on behalf of Derby supporters", when that is blatantly not true.

Perhaps the letter would have been better coming from "We, the undersigned..."?

Either way, they still get a boo from me, for attempting to include me in their "Request"!

If that is "attacking supporters groups for speaking on behalf of Derby County fans", then yes, I'm guilty as charged.  They have no right, nor moral justification in wording this letter as they have.

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This stance is completely correct. We'll done David. This is a forum for individual views not an association. 

I agree - However, most of the individuals on that list are exactly that, individuals. No matter who got a poet or how popular an author they are, they're not necessarily representative. I am a member of 2 of the actual groups and haven't been consulted so am slightly irritated by the implication that this is done on 'our' behalf - I would happily have proof read it for them and picked apart some of the grammar!

I get uppity about stuff not being done well, posting a picture on One drive with this particular nugget of a line "We have been told that previous potential investors have now fallen through". Maybe all this just plays on my own personal neuroses though ?

I’m not a fan of being told I’m represented by someone or something I knew nothing about, and who gave that group of people the right to think they can speak on my behalf? However that said, they are the questions that need answering so well done on that, and hopefully some good will come out of it. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Regardless of how I feel towards any of the groups that have signed it off, I still think they should have started with "SOME Derby County supporters request urgent clarification..." and omitted and/or amended the "...supporters need to know the true position..." .

They are still attempting to speak on my behalf without my agreement, and are asking for information which I wouldn't dream of expecting an answer to.  
Whilst some of the points raised are fair points, and/or points of interest to some and it would be nice to know certain goings-on, I personally don't "need to know" anything of this ilk, and certainly would not lend my name to some conceived "Request on behalf of Derby supporters", when that is blatantly not true.

Perhaps the letter would have been better coming from "We, the undersigned..."?

Either way, they still get a boo from me, for attempting to include me in their "Request"!

If that is "attacking supporters groups for speaking on behalf of Derby County fans", then yes, I'm guilty as charged.  They have no right, nor moral justification in wording this letter as they have.

It leaves some of us in a difficult position in that I believe some of the supporters groups have personal ambitions that they wish to fulfill by this action but on the other side I am concerned where our club is going.   Interesting how Ramstrust will be seen as the leader of this group now.  

I think the club would be mad to expose themselves to this kangaroo court and clearly there are questions there that they will not answer.  They would be like the guys on MI, I can neither confirm or deny the question............

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I’m not a fan of being told I’m represented by someone or something I knew nothing about, and who gave that group of people the right to think they can speak on my behalf? However that said, they are the questions that need answering so well done on that, and hopefully some good will come out of it. 

I find myself half agreeing with you.

well done @David btw