Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Talking about it on Talksport now. 

Don’t listen to Talksport if you haven’t heard the full press conference. I listened to the who presser and now the section on Talksport and they are doing a cut and shut job making it sound a lot worse than it was. Had I just listened to Talksport I wouldn’t be so positive. 

Listen to the whole thing on RD and make your own minds up. 

There is a considerable degree of interest in buying the club, several of whom have shown interest before. A successful outcome to the purchase of the club and a secure financial future is one of the main objectives of the administrators. They sounded like very competent, decent guys who will do all they possibly can to ensure the future of the club for the fans and the players. There are no guarantees but they seemed quietly confident that any obstacles we face at the moment are not insurmountable. One of the guys has 30 years experience in this line of work.

I thought it was interesting that they said that because of administration even the preferential creditors (HMRC) will have to take a hit on what they are owed. Said Wigan was 25% etc. If MM still in charge this couldn't be done. Inference I guess that this needed to happen to get the sale.

In brief

The club has a viable future

Considerable interest in a takeover including from previous prospective buyers !!

Administrator was asked to assess us 3 weeks ago & it was finally MSD who asked us to go into administration

Mel Morris is owed lots of money but is prepared to write it off ?

We have some cash available but probably not enough to last 3 months. Further short term borrowing is possible

Every confidence that the club continues and the fixtures are fulfilled

Exact club debt is unknown but is in 10s of millions - new owners would not be liable for much of that

Intention is to bring club, stadium & training facilities back together

Intention is to get to January transfer window and no players leave, a new owner is in place & possibly acquire more players

Initial discussions with EFL were positive but possibility of further points deductions remain

EFL does NOT want DCFC to go out of business

The need to pay HMRC in full is not the case

Fans giving donations is not as important as selling more match tickets (probably why the ticket office has reopened)

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, as positivie as could have been hoped for.

I'm not going to feel good about any of this until it's resolved though. Remember, nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. 4 interested parties now is obviously good. However 4 interested parties can turn to dust in an instant.

Also still need to be careful that those prospective owners aren't someone like Alonso or Fawaz

Am I right in thinking that because the club has no real assets, training ground, stadium etc the creditors will know that if we liquidate they would only get a fraction of the debt repaid thus meaning all of the debt is up for negotiation?

Yesterday I was thinking anybody buying club will have to shell out £50m just to clear the debts when in reality they might only have to pay of fraction of it.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Don’t listen to Talksport if you haven’t heard the full press conference. I listened to the who presser and now the section on Talksport and they are doing a cut and shut job making it sound a lot worse than it was. Had I just listened to Talksport I wouldn’t be so positive. 

Listen to the whole thing on RD and make your own minds up. 

Exactly right. TS have no idea what was being said.

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

In brief

The club has a viable future

Considerable interest in a takeover including from previous prospective buyers !!

Administrator was asked to assess us 3 weeks ago & it was finally MSD who asked us to go into administration

Mel Morris is owed lots of money but is prepared to write it off ?

We have some cash available but probably not enough to last 3 months. Further short term borrowing is possible

Every confidence that the club continues and the fixtures are fulfilled

Exact club debt is unknown but is in 10s of millions - new owners would not be liable for much of that

Intention is to bring club, stadium & training facilities back together

Intention is to get to January transfer window and no players leave, a new owner is in place & possibly acquire more players

Initial discussions with EFL were positive but possibility of further points deductions remain

EFL does NOT want DCFC to go out of business

The need to pay HMRC in full is not the case

Fans giving donations is not as important as selling more match tickets (probably why the ticket office has reopened)

How will the new owners not be liable for much of the debt???

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I didn’t listen but I have read the comments here my two questions are

Who owns Pride Park stadium?

who owns Moor Farm trading academy? 

could someone tell me please? 

MM (AKA the Derbyshire Delboy)

Edited by Grumpy Git