Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I would die if this goes bust only thing I look forward too and not had best of news from neve nurse person.

Keep going @B4ev6is - we need your enthusiasm on here to brighten the mood. We’ve been through plenty of tough times with DCFC and we’ve always come out the other side. We’ll be back ! 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It's plain to see that Mel hasn't been putting his own money in the club for the most part, hence the loans. He bought the stadium for £80m and sees that as money spent. If he gifted the stadium back to the club then he would have a point, but since he owns it... I don't really think he should be putting that money into the equation. 

The information that has come out today is damning for the club. Derby look like a club that is beyond the peril. An investor would look at the numbers, the situation and have to figure pretty quickly that it's going to be near-on-impossible to turn a profit for a long time. Multiple sanctions, huge debt and barely any tangible assets due to the way the club has been run. 

Sure, someone has the opportunity to buy a fairly reasonable sized football club. However, we genuinely need someone with too much money, with too much time on their hands and someone looking for a vanity project. A chance to save Derby County may not be front page news, but it will get your name in the newspaper and on the radio every now-and-again. It could be worthwhile branding for someone - again, if the money is no issue. 

It's hard not to think of the worst. The stories of a big club, a genuinely big club, going bust has been foretold now since I was in school. I just didn't expect it to be us.

The owner of Bournemouth is open to genuine offers for the club,yes they are in debt which is loans made to the club by the owner. The advantage they have over us is that they are not under any embargo,they have recent history of being in the PL and they still have Two years of parachute payments.I f there is anyone looking to buy a club i know which one is the more attractive. 

We are all working so much in the dark as the accounts have never been published. 

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that the club owes Mel £120m (might have even been £150m) as the money he has put in has been in the form of loans. 

It appears that Mel owes the club £80m for the stadium. I wonder if that figure will just be used to reduce our debt to Mel?

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

We don't know how big Readings breach is, but I'm amazed it's not >£10m

I think its something like £70m, I know its a big figure. Im sure that some will be 'written off' by the EFL due to Covid but cannot see how they only get 9 points. On the points scale it should be at least 12. I think ours is a £4m overspend so should be 4 points not 12 -3 suspended.

I would think there are others, Stoke had a massive overspend they are putting down to Covid. I think if everyones books were put down on a table and treated the same way there would be a few on negative points at the moment.    

The EFL needs to be consistent with their judgements. DCFC getting 3 points suspended for paying players two weeks late and the Owls getting 6 points suspended for not paying at all or at least months late dosnt compare.

If the EFL play the P&S rules with a straight bat we will not be on our own at the bottom.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

We are all working so much in the dark as the accounts have never been published. 

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that the club owes Mel £120m (might have even been £150m) as the money he has put in has been in the form of loans. 

It appears that Mel owes the club £80m for the stadium. I wonder if that figure will just be used to reduce our debt to Mel?

At the end of 2018, that debt was £0. Considering the amount Mel had been putting in each month peaked at £3m, then I'm strugglingto believe it could possibly be that high just 3 and a bit years on. When you factor in reduced costs (quoted as saying at £1.5m a month), and the MSD loan of about £30m) then £50m debt owed seems like the maximum amount possible.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think its something like £70m, I know its a big figure. Im sure that some will be 'written off' by the EFL due to Covid but cannot see how they only get 9 points. On the points scale it should be at least 12. I think ours is a £4m overspend so should be 4 points not 12 -3 suspended.

I would think there are others, Stoke had a massive overspend they are putting down to Covid. I think if everyones books were put down on a table and treated the same way there would be a few on negative points at the moment.    

The EFL needs to be consistent with their judgements. DCFC getting 3 points suspended for paying players two weeks late and the Owls getting 6 points suspended for not paying at all or at least months late dosnt compare.

If the EFL play the P&S rules with a straight bat we will not be on our own at the bottom.

I thought Stoke did something like write off their whole teams value?

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It does seem weird, normally you might be able to offer something you own as security but something you don't.

I live in a rented flat and I wouldn't be able to offer my flat as security.

Yeah but if you own a 120y lease on a property then you can give that as security. I think that's what Derby have done? 

Won't it be in the interest of the people we owe money to if the club stays in business?

If we get wound up, they'll only receive money from any players or assets we can flog ie Moor Farm.

But as long as we still have the ground, maybe rent free from Mel, we still have a good revenue stream. Our team would be made up of cheap kids, but surely we would be making a tidy profit with such minimal costs.  A plan to repay debts from this profit would ensure people get more money back.

It would be grim, but we'd still have a club.

There are several reports saying that any new owner has to pay out £50 million to clear Mel’s debts. Some seem to think this is a stumbling block.

However, if any new owner pays nothing to get our club other than a token pound then £50 million isn’t unreasonable.

It was reported that Mel wanted £60 million for the club so in theory a new owner paying out £50 million to clear that debts they are £10 million up.

I knew that some people who Derby owe money to have to be paid in full whilst others don't, but until this morning I didn't realise that people who are directly associated with football, such as Football agents have to be paid in full, whereas those not directly associated such as bakers or butchers only need to be paid in part. That is scandalous. What a dreadful rule.?

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

I knew that some people who Derby owe money to have to be paid in full whilst others don't, but until this morning I didn't realise that people who are directly associated with football, such as Football agents have to be paid in full, whereas those not directly associated such as bakers or butchers only need to be paid in part. That is scandalous. What a dreadful rule.?

No mention of candlestick makers either.

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

Totally agree. The rules are swayed to protect the very people who are already making it virtually impossible to follow the rules.

Football is broken.

Just clicked on the Daily Mail and immediately an article about how good Kaide Gordon is likely to be.

Here is a radical thought how about clubs like Liverpool and Man City properly compensate us for Gordon and Delap.

We worked with these players in their formative years and we get pennies for them. If in 10 years time Gordon goes for £100 million then Liverpool essentially have made a £99 million profit as they stole him from us for £1 million.

What is the point in an academy if all the top players get poached for nothing.

14 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

There are several reports saying that any new owner has to pay out £50 million to clear Mel’s debts. Some seem to think this is a stumbling block.

However, if any new owner pays nothing to get our club other than a token pound then £50 million isn’t unreasonable.

It was reported that Mel wanted £60 million for the club so in theory a new owner paying out £50 million to clear that debts they are £10 million up.

That’s all I’m clinging onto at this point, if admin can reduce 10-15% of those costs itl be a bonus for somebody. The biggest stumbling block is though, when Mel bought for the club for circa £50m he got everything, the club, academy & the stadium. 

Any buyer now is going to have to shell out £40+m for a club with a thread bare squad with no real saleable assets, an academy where it looks as if the man who’s been running it for the last 10-15 years has stepped away and of course no ground.

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That’s all I’m clinging onto at this point, if admin can reduce 10-15% of those costs itl be a bonus for somebody. The biggest stumbling block is though, when Mel bought for the club for circa £50m he got everything, the club, academy & the stadium. 

Any buyer now is going to have to shell out £40+m for a club with a thread bare squad with no real saleable assets, an academy where it looks as if the man who’s been running it for the last 10-15 years has stepped away and of course no ground.

Darren Wassall is still at the Academy, was there in his DCFC tracksuit on Monday night.