Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That’s all I’m clinging onto at this point, if admin can reduce 10-15% of those costs itl be a bonus for somebody. The biggest stumbling block is though, when Mel bought for the club for circa £50m he got everything, the club, academy & the stadium. 

Any buyer now is going to have to shell out £40+m for a club with a thread bare squad with no real saleable assets, an academy where it looks as if the man who’s been running it for the last 10-15 years has stepped away and of course no ground.

I get the issues with that squad but we could build a squad to get out of league one with £5 to £10 million.

We don’t always have to pay over the top prices for bang average players.

Also (I will get some stick for this), but is an academy necessary at the moment? How successful has it really been? At the moment we have several players from it in and around the first team, but this is solely out of choice. It is down to our restrictions. Are these players actually good enough for the Championship? It was Bielik not Bird who people attributed with our successes last season. It was Kazim’s goals not Sibley’s that people attribute to us staying up last season.

No team will ever get a first 11 of all academy products. It is fantasy. Mel wanted to invest in the academy as another source of cash flow. Just look at Gordon and Delap. We train them up and flog them.

Edited by Warwick Ram

7 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Just clicked on the Daily Mail and immediately an article about how good Kaide Gordon is likely to be.

Here is a radical thought how about clubs like Liverpool and Man City properly compensate us for Gordon and Delap.

We worked with these players in their formative years and we get pennies for them. If in 10 years time Gordon goes for £100 million then Liverpool essentially have made a £99 million profit as they stole him from us for £1 million.

What is the point in an academy if all the top players get poached for nothing.

This is a bug bear of mine too. Even if every clause is triggered the most we can receive for Gordon is £3.4m which is buttons in footballing circles. We should recognise too that we have taken other clubs' prospects on the cheap too at times.

As AngieRam says, football is broken. The will to fix it isn't there either. 

15 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I knew that some people who Derby owe money to have to be paid in full whilst others don't, but until this morning I didn't realise that people who are directly associated with football, such as Football agents have to be paid in full, whereas those not directly associated such as bakers or butchers only need to be paid in part. That is scandalous. What a dreadful rule.?

Blame Bristol City, this rule was introduced after they nearly went bust and got out of it by bullying their best paid players to tear up their contracts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38750475

15 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Just clicked on the Daily Mail and immediately an article about how good Kaide Gordon is likely to be.

Here is a radical thought how about clubs like Liverpool and Man City properly compensate us for Gordon and Delap.

We worked with these players in their formative years and we get pennies for them. If in 10 years time Gordon goes for £100 million then Liverpool essentially have made a £99 million profit as they stole him from us for £1 million.

Well that is our own fault.

All of the top clubs were interested and we should have started a bidding war.

Instead it appears we took the first low ball offer on the table, probably to pay an outstanding wages bill or something. 

2 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Blame Bristol City, this rule was introduced after they nearly went bust and got out of it by bullying their best paid players to tear up their contracts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38750475

It's not about then, though, it's about now.

The problem isn't making sure players can "earn a living" it is about the ridiculous salaries and fees which are now so far beyond earning a living that they are crippling every club. 

14 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

They whole youth system has been set up by the wealthy clubs so they can poach the top prospects for peanuts. They used the argument that it's best for England if the top prospects get the best training. We poach smaller clubs prospects and big clubs poach ours. This is why some clubs just don't bother with a youth  setup.

17 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That’s all I’m clinging onto at this point, if admin can reduce 10-15% of those costs itl be a bonus for somebody. The biggest stumbling block is though, when Mel bought for the club for circa £50m he got everything, the club, academy & the stadium. 

Any buyer now is going to have to shell out £40+m for a club with a thread bare squad with no real saleable assets, an academy where it looks as if the man who’s been running it for the last 10-15 years has stepped away and of course no ground.

Think a buyer would want the freehold of the ground, a deal that covers some or all of the debts plus the stadium. 

I am struggling a little to see why liquidation  is that likely.

Assuming that there are groups out there that would want to buy us then why would any of the creditors (and administrators) want to liquidate and get very little than take a bigger even if not great %age owed from the best available offer.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well that is our own fault.

All of the top clubs were interested and we should have started a bidding war.

Instead it appears we took the first low ball offer on the table, probably to pay an outstanding wages bill or something. 

There were Man U fans who claimed he was signing for them, so I'm assuming that they made offers to Derby too?

Ultimately, Gordon would only have signed for the club he wanted to join - the days of forcing players to sign for the highest bidder are long gone. I assume Derby preferred not to wait for a Tribunal to set the fee because they were able to get paid immediately and build in some add ons that a Tribunal wouldn't have granted. 

The EPPP system stinks - you can't blame the club for that. 

The question as to whether an Academy is worthwhile is something that a new owner will no doubt consider, should we be fortunate to get one. I think it is, but I agree the economic case is not convincing for clubs outside of the PL. 

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Assuming that there are groups out there that would want to buy us then why would any of the creditors (and administrators) want to liquidate and get very little than take a bigger even if not great %age owed from the best available offer.

Think that even if liquidated there is still a period for someone to come in and do a deal, a high stakes poker game.

Right here is my solution to all of this.

MM (or his Gellaw Co) pay off the debt to MSD.

Gellaw sell the ground back to DCFC for its valuation. 

DCFC remortgage the ground to clear the other debts. 

DCFC pay say £2m per year to MM/Gellaw for the ground.

We are told that the model is sustainable and that MM will do everything possible to help the club.

What do you say Mel?

8 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

no choice

club not attractive, not the only one out there

on a downward spiral

saddled with debt and disciplinary penalties

no assets

unless it is in your DNA youf I'm not sure why anybody would see us as a fantastic opportunity

Just now, Spanish said:

no choice

club not attractive, not the only one out there

on a downward spiral

saddled with debt and disciplinary penalties

no assets

unless it is in your DNA youf I'm not sure why anybody would see us as a fantastic opportunity

I'll just add that Rooney and his mates remain for me the only remote way out of this

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We are told that the model is sustainable and that MM will do everything possible to help the club.

What do you say Mel?

I'm sure Mel likes the sound of the bit where he gets some recurring revenue from the ground, he'll be less interested in the bit where he has to pay of MSD himself. Based on his conduct so far I am working on the assumption that he will do anything possible to avoid having to shell out any more of his own money. He has checked out, in his head this is all someone else's problem now.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What do you say Mel?

Where are the club going to get £81m to buy back the ground?

32 minutes ago, Rampant said:

This is a bug bear of mine too. Even if every clause is triggered the most we can receive for Gordon is £3.4m which is buttons in footballing circles. We should recognise too that we have taken other clubs' prospects on the cheap too at times.

As AngieRam says, football is broken. The will to fix it isn't there either. 

Turkeys will never vote for Xmas I’m afraid. It’s been said before but until some external body steps in, takes control & regulates this  industry (it is not a sport any more) then those with a vested interest will continue to look after themselves and to hell with everyone else. Football is no longer the game I grew up loving, DCFC is in my blood so I can’t let go but in general what has become of the game disgusts me. 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Buyer comes in with funds. Says wants deal to cover some/all debts plus freehold of ground, prepared to give time for complexities to be worked out. Not interested without ground. Sees what price they come up with, takes it from there...

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Paid in instalments of whatever is affordable under our new sustainable model that the club statement mentioned. 

Could even add clauses to say 50% of any profits on player sales have to go towards paying the ground off, or repayable on full if promoted to the Premier League ?

Don't forget MM is desperate to help us make the club attractive to a new buyer, I heard him say it on the radio!