Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's this year's I'm a Celebrity. It involves parachuting famous people into Derby County and slowly torturing them with increasingly unpleasant situations. 

Dec: "You're locked in a box for 5 minutes with these 200 snakes and Gary Rowett, your task, should you accept it, is to work out how a stadium which only operates on 23 days a year can be worth £80m.

Ant: If at any point you wish to exit the challenge, just shout "Rick Parry, I'm in administration, get me out of here" and you will be set free from the box. You will however lose the 12 meals you could have won for camp. If you fail to complete the challenge successfully and survive less than 3 minutes you will also lose a further 9 meals.

55 minutes ago, Icomeinpeace said:

I believe I've read elsewhere that Mel's other business interests have been doing well so although he may have spent 200m and have 300 to fall back on from that he's actually been making money elsewhere... the timing of his decision is "odd"  

TBH, I've no idea how his other businesses are doing, nor how much liquid cash or even easily convertible assets he has. It would seem odd to me that, if he has £50M spare knocking about, he wouldn't think that wiping out the debt might even attract a buyer willing to pay him enough to recoup some of that and partly-rescue his reputation at the same time. 

That's the problem - it's hard to know what the true picture is. In the end, I'm sure you all knew that Fazza had very little money that he had unfettered control over, but it took a few years for that to become common knowledge.

19 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That was their punishment from the Scottish FA to drop to the bottom division of the Scottish League.

SFA doesn't = EFL

Rangers weren't demoted as punishment, they ceased to be.

Although Rangers were bust, shut, dead, liqidated, we are the ex-people, things moved very quickly to be "a Rangers football club" out of the ashes and stated where they did becuse the SFA and the lodge didn't really want to believe it wasn't rangers. Given the size of scottish football clubs down the divisions it was probably sensible. The new rangers owned the name, played games at Ibrox, had the same fan base and just decided they were the same club and eventually everyone (except celtic fans) just went along with that.

Rangers to the SFA are a very different kettle of fish to Derby County to the EFL. In our case, we'd be starting a lot lower down a lot bigger pyramid.

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Have you actually done any research into exactly what level of football you'd be watching with a phoenix club?

Bury's new club have started off in the North West Counties Football League Division One North, from what I can gather (although it can get a bit confusing) to work their way back up they'd have to progress as follows:

North West Counties Football League Division One North (same level as Ripley Town FC)
North West Counties Football League Premier Division (same level as Heanor Town - who's reserves are, I think, in the league we'd be in!)
Northern Premier League West Division (same level as Belper, Ilkeston Town)
Northern Premier League Premier - (same level as Mickleover, Matlock)
National League North
National League
League Two
League One

7 promotions needed for them, 8 for us and there's no guarantee that they'd come easy

Now I've looked into it, the thought travelling Derby supporters going to to Matlock to sample one of those pies is looking, well, ambitious!

But just imagine the excitement of possibly winning the Derbyshire Senior Cup along the way

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Agreed.

Let's say he bought Derby when his worth was £500m - & yes, I know this wasn't necessarily fluid wealth but it had value somewhere.

Mel claims to have invested £200m over his 7 year tenure. Let's say that was £60m to buy the club plus 7 years x £20m per year.

So, he would have wealth of £440m after buying us and as I said earlier, even a cautious investor could have made 5%pa on that and a more adventurous investor could comfortably have got 10% pa returns  - Mel could not be described as a cautious investor as was proven with his 'startup' company funding of King Promotions & also by the way he has gambled with our clubs future.

So by my estimates , just his investment growth alone should have covered his expenditure on DCFC & he would still have maintained his personal wealth at about the level that it started at.

I know that taxes would have eaten into his growth returns but we all know that the wealthy are adept at 'controlling' the amount of tax that they pay. 

FFP was the problem that we had - we didn't expect it to be bankruptcy

Plus Mel Morris can now add a football stadium to his portfolio

Where is an accountant when you want one. Could he off set the tax on his other investments against the losses at the rams

7 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Apparently Reading could be getting a big points deduction as well. All we need are another two clubs to follow suit and we have chance of staying up.

???

Live on the Sky Sports Football channel from 7PM on Friday night - Derby v Reading in the Championship Points Deduction League 

51 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rangers weren't demoted as punishment, they ceased to be.

Although Rangers were bust, shut, dead, liqidated, we are the ex-people, things moved very quickly to be "a Rangers football club" out of the ashes and stated where they did becuse the SFA and the lodge didn't really want to believe it wasn't rangers. Given the size of scottish football clubs down the divisions it was probably sensible. The new rangers owned the name, played games at Ibrox, had the same fan base and just decided they were the same club and eventually everyone (except celtic fans) just went along with that.

Rangers to the SFA are a very different kettle of fish to Derby County to the EFL. In our case, we'd be starting a lot lower down a lot bigger pyramid.

Check out Chester FC who were given a 25 point penalty by the EFL and went into receivership, they have worked their way back up as a phoenix club

Edited by Charlotte Ram
chester for cheater

52 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Where is an accountant when you want one. Could he off set the tax on his other investments against the losses at the rams

I suspect the truth of the matter is that he has invested money that he has borrowed. Using his assets (that are still wherever they are. ) He had assets worth 500 Mill, he probably still has, but he took a mortgage out on 200 Mill of the . What proportions of the surety / responsibility for those debts are with Derby, Mel, The stadium company or whoever .. is in my book a complete unknown. 

I worry that the Reading news means -21 is certain, as they will need to be seen to apply their rules equally. ?

On another note, if relegation is effectively decided each season due to the league's own poor governance and inability to negotiate with the EPL and Sky, you have to wonder if Rick Parry and Co should ask if they are in fact the problem.

14 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I worry that the Reading news means -21 is certain, as they will need to be seen to apply their rules equally. ?

On another note, if relegation is effectively decided each season due to the league's own poor governance and inability to negotiate with the EPL and Sky, you have to wonder if Rick Parry and Co should ask if they are in fact the problem.

We don't know how big Readings breach is, but I'm amazed it's not >£10m

3 hours ago, vonwright said:

The more I read the angrier I get. It's one thing gambling with your own money, but this was gambling with the very existence of the club - in other words gambling with something which has been very important to generations of people with a fraction of the money that Mel has. It's not even like he's gone bankrupt in the process, just walked away with his overpriced stadium and list of people who are 'really' to blame. 

Mel took on a club that was in a good position at the start of his tenure. He had a duty to our historic club and its large fan base to either maintain the status quo or take it forwards. I spent 31 years in primary education and I can only liken it to a school which was a good school with good results when the new head took over and then ended up in special measures so extreme that the school may have to close down. I know that schools are not football clubs but such mismanagement in education would have set alarm bells ringing very quickly.