Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Faye was the person who got my band’s music used for the pre-match big screen video played before every home game in the 2018/19 season. Super helpful and really nice. Hope she lands on her feet.

She's taken over the Managers role at the...Trampoline Park

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Faye was the person who got my band’s music used for the pre-match big screen video played before every home game in the 2018/19 season. Super helpful and really nice. Hope she lands on her feet.

Yeah - she was great at her job. She's been around since at least the early Nigel Clough/GSE days, if not before

If the new owners have anything about them, they will realise they need to rehire most of those who were let go

55 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes that’s what it says in the rules , which seems very unfair to make it only seven days . Maybe Derby could appeal to a court as force majeure is a legal thing rather than for the Efl to decide. 

its intresting that the EFL would have had a 21 day turn around time , I always thought it was slower than that. 

Based on the appeal that Wigan tried a while back, I doubt an appeal against the 12 points would be successful. Wigan's appeal was dismissed on the following grounds:

“First, we are satisfied on the evidence we have seen that the Insolvency Event arose because Mr Kay, the effective owner, made a commercial decision to choose to go back on promises of continued support and stopped putting money into the Club. That cannot be regarded as a ‘Force Majeure’ event.".

That's basically what happened to us....Mel decided to stop putting money in each month, forcing us into an insolvency event.

4 minutes ago, DJAY said:

Based on the appeal that Wigan tried a while back, I doubt an appeal against the 12 points would be successful. Wigan's appeal was dismissed on the following grounds:

“First, we are satisfied on the evidence we have seen that the Insolvency Event arose because Mr Kay, the effective owner, made a commercial decision to choose to go back on promises of continued support and stopped putting money into the Club. That cannot be regarded as a ‘Force Majeure’ event.".

That's basically what happened to us....Mel decided to stop putting money in each month, forcing us into an insolvency event.

The difference though is the Wigan owner stopped providing financial support a few days after he took over. Mel ran out of money after several years. Would he have done so if not for covid? That is the question, but Mel was very clear that its 100% about covid. 

Edited by PistoldPete

42 minutes ago, DJAY said:

Isn’t that the same as the government stopped you from bringing in your £20 million normal income - rather different from Wigan’s situation 

10 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Wasn't it £8m rising to £10m for Bielik? We won't have met any of the incentives, so probably more like £6m realistically we owe? If we also don't have to pay the full amount for Cocu it probably balances out (granted I haven't read the article due to the paywall). 

If you're on mobile, just scroll down really quickly and the paywall disappears.

17 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Wasn't it £8m rising to £10m for Bielik? We won't have met any of the incentives, so probably more like £6m realistically we owe? If we also don't have to pay the full amount for Cocu it probably balances out (granted I haven't read the article due to the paywall). 

It might be uptp £8m we owe, but i doubt very much we have a bill of £8m for him due imminently.

17 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

It says "and the structure of payments enabled them to pay a small fee up front.

With only around £2 million paid in instalments so far, it means that any interested parties will have to accept inheriting the transfer fee for the Poland international."

also re Kamil...."There is also money owed to Polish club Lech Poznan for winger Kamil Jozwiak, which takes the overall ‘debt’ on transfer instalments over the £10 million mark."

Also "Quantuma, the business advisory firm, remain confident of a sale and have received approaches from more than six separate parties over a potential takeover."

on points "Quantuma are also in discussions with the Football League over the additional nine-point deduction for historical financial breaches and are hopeful of negotiating a lesser punishment, though it is thought unlikely the EFL will accept it."