Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The admins said that HMRC has first claim against floating charge assets. In other words, they rank behind MSD’s charge on fixed assets. They also rank behind administrators costs, which I think includes any debt the admins raise to fund us until sale 

As I understand it, the reason HMRC agrees to a haircut is this:

the club only survives as a going concern if 25% of unsecured creditor claims are repaid and if all football creditors are paid. So the admins will show HMRC sale scenarios with indicative sales prices. These will show that if HMRC and unsecured creditors do not agree a deal then the EFL requirement for continued EFL membership will not be met which will mean the club goes into insolvent liquidation. In other words if HMRC does not compromise, it could get nothing because the club would be history. 

Technically, even if we fail to meet the EFL criteria for satisfying creditors that doesn't mean liquidation. We may be banished from the League however. That was Bury's fate. But Bury has not been liquidated , it is still in administration and they are still hoping to re-emerge without becoming insolvent.  

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Technically, even if we fail to meet the EFL criteria for satisfying creditors that doesn't mean liquidation. We may be banished from the League however. That was Bury's fate. But Bury has not been liquidated , it is still in administration and they are still hoping to re-emerge without becoming insolvent.  

Yes you’re right 

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think any league would consider membership for a new club that is in administration, so its as good as being liquidated in terms of HMRC (and other creditors) getting any value for their debt

Yes if the club is banished from the League and in administration, Like Bury well prospects would not look good for creditors . So better to reach an agreement and then HMRC can continue to collect taxes based on what are in Derby’s case still considerable revenues.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We aren’t going into liquidation, Garry Cook is taking over with his American backers and we will be just like Citeh in 10 years time. 

Liquidation is unthinkable I agree. Not sure about the rest of your prediction. 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, I made that point in my previous post. 

I'm not really sure what this poster is trying to prove - a £20m hit on the club's income over the past 18 months is entirely plausible and without cash being injected by the owner or from borrowing it would have gone into Administration much earlier. 

agreed, covid had and is having an effect on opertional costs, £20m seems reasonable, thats why I think we could appeal the 12 points for administration and get a possible reduction, if we could turn that and the FFP into 12 points total we  might have a chance.

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

agreed, covid had and is having an effect on opertional costs, £20m seems reasonable, thats why I think we could appeal the 12 points for administration and get a possible reduction, if we could turn that and the FFP into 12 points total we  might have a chance.

The deadline for any appeal has already passed. Given we haven't heard anything about it, I would guess that the administrators have chosen not to appeal.

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The deadline for any appeal has already passed. Given we haven't heard anything about it, I would guess that the administrators have chosen not to appeal.

Really? That seems a very short deadline  and I am rather surprised that we wouldn’t appeal. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We aren’t going into liquidation, Garry Cook is taking over with his American backers and we will be just like Citeh in 10 years time. 

Presumably, all the people that claim to hate what happened to Citeh, will want nothing more to do with us, and not bother coming to games anymore.

35 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Just seen that Faye Nixon was one of the redundancies. She was head of marketing, but also often ran the fan's forum events.

That's such a shame - Faye is both lovely and super-competent. Hope that she gets something sorted soon, but I suspect that she won't be unemployed for long.

Good luck Faye.

Think she actually just got a new job

41 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Just seen that Faye Nixon was one of the redundancies. She was head of marketing, but also often ran the fan's forum events.

That's such a shame - Faye is both lovely and super-competent. Hope that she gets something sorted soon, but I suspect that she won't be unemployed for long.

Good luck Faye.

Faye was the person who got my band’s music used for the pre-match big screen video played before every home game in the 2018/19 season. Super helpful and really nice. Hope she lands on her feet.