Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

On 01/10/2021 at 19:29, CBRammette said:

It says "and the structure of payments enabled them to pay a small fee up front.

With only around £2 million paid in instalments so far, it means that any interested parties will have to accept inheriting the transfer fee for the Poland international."

also re Kamil...."There is also money owed to Polish club Lech Poznan for winger Kamil Jozwiak, which takes the overall ‘debt’ on transfer instalments over the £10 million mark."

Also "Quantuma, the business advisory firm, remain confident of a sale and have received approaches from more than six separate parties over a potential takeover."

on points "Quantuma are also in discussions with the Football League over the additional nine-point deduction for historical financial breaches and are hopeful of negotiating a lesser punishment, though it is thought unlikely the EFL will accept it."

I think that last paragraph sums up how accurate the rest of the report is:

“Quantuma are also in discussions with the Football League over the additional nine-point deduction for historical financial breaches and are hopeful of negotiating a lesser punishment, though it is thought unlikely the EFL will accept it.”

Can’t really be both can it?

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I suppose the administrators are hopeful but general opinion is that they are unlikely to get it reduced. 

I'm hopeful of dinner with Liz Hurley but it is thought unlikely this will happen. 

Your hope is only to watch Liz Hurley masticate? Come on buddy, raise your game.

Episode 1 Druk GIF by BBC Three

I really hope that the historical financial breaches can be bottomed out during the current international window and the Administrators are left with a clear picture of exactly what they are selling. You'd hope that interested parties would be in position to make their offers within the next couple of weeks and finality on any further punishments would be really useful.

It's hard to envisage what else there is to debate on this, it's been going on for so long. Surely the EFL need to 'empty their bowels' or get off the pot!

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

I really hope that the historical financial breaches can be bottomed out during the current international window and the Administrators are left with a clear picture of exactly what they are selling. You'd hope that interested parties would be in position to make their offers within the next couple of weeks and finality on any further punishments would be really useful.

It's hard to envisage what else there is to debate on this, it's been going on for so long. Surely the EFL need to 'empty their bowels' or get off the pot!

WR, LR and the senior players all just need to go on a zoom call with the EFL and say "we promise to limply be relegated mr EFL thank you mr EFL" and in return a low points deduction is granted.

And then it's game on.

I wonder if the administrators will try and strike a deal based on saying the following, at least as a starting point:

"Give us zero or very few points for the P&S loss and in return, we won't appeal the administration under the force majeure for Covid"

I'm sure the EFL wouldn't fancy us being the benchmark case for Covid otherwise, if they lost it, they would be in a lot of trouble.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I wonder if the administrators will try and strike a deal based on saying the following, at least as a starting point:

"Give us zero or very few points for the P&S loss and in return, we won't appeal the administration under the force majeure for Covid"

I'm sure the EFL wouldn't fancy us being the benchmark case for Covid otherwise, if they lost it, they would be in a lot of trouble.

Or the administrators could maybe say you won the amortisation case because Derby didn't have an accountant expert to defend it. We are accountants so you try it again and see how far it gets you.

Edited by PistoldPete

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But, as others have said, surely the deadline for appealing the administration points deduction has past (7 days wasn't it?). If so, unless we've lodged an appeal that could be withdrawn, that opportunity has gone.

49 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But, as others have said, surely the deadline for appealing the administration points deduction has past (7 days wasn't it?). If so, unless we've lodged an appeal that could be withdrawn, that opportunity has gone.

Agreed thats a risk. Hopefully someone has had the foresight to at least put that Appeal letter in the post! Maybe Pearce has done something to justify is hefty salary!

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I suppose the administrators are hopeful but general opinion is that they are unlikely to get it reduced. 

I'm hopeful of dinner with Liz Hurley but it is thought unlikely this will happen. 

Hi @Anag Ram, Lizzie e-mailed me just now & said what’s @Anag Ramdoing Tuesdee neet, cos I’m feelin’ hot, hot hot…” ?