Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Similarly to what I was saying before Cocu left, if you sack Rooney then what? 

There’s barely a plan in place now, but guess that happens when you sack a manager let way through and replace him with a rookie because you can’t turn anywhere else. It’s what we’ve got but it’s most likely better than anything else we can get right now.

Unfortunately, i think a few of you want to cut your nose to spite your face!

Just now, TuffLuff said:

There’s barely a plan in place now, but guess that happens when you sack a manager let way through and replace him with a rookie because you can’t turn anywhere else. It’s what we’ve got but it’s most likely better than anything else we can get right now.

If we sack him we will end up with Jake Buxton as manager….I love Jake, but do I want him as the manager….?

Mel probably had a look around at other potential high profile managers, saw John Terry was available, shuddered, and thought what Rooney's done isn't that bad after all...

Edited by maxjam

18 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Guilty of a 50-50 tackle, yes that's correct.

Shame he didn't try any of those whilst playing for us after lockdown. 

He would have joined in training to get his fitness up ready to play in Soccer Aid (he has already said that he was going to do that), nothing to do with needing the numbers, that's why we have so many triallists. 

14 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

We can’t sack him because we can’t afford to pay him off. Macca is spot on when he says Managers have to be judged on results, couldn’t agree with him more. So when we can afford to get rid we should try and get someone in with some competence, previous managerial experience and and some kind of suggestion that they know what they are doing ?

17 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We're probably waiting for the season to start before we change manager, that'll not cause any problems at all.

I think you’re being ironic but seems to me our best chance of a top 6 finish is

- Rooney starts the season having secured ManU loanees etc

- despite his awesome tactical powers we lose the first six games 

- potential new owners sanction his dismissal  He is dismissed and RoyMac changes his username

- takeover completes

- Beilik fully fit

- we strengthen the squad in the Jan window and our woes are behind us 

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Shame he didn't try any of those whilst playing for us after lockdown. 

He would have joined in training to get his fitness up ready to play in Soccer Aid (he has already said that he was going to do that), nothing to do with needing the numbers, that's why we have so many triallists. 

Ah well your supposition makes all the difference then.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? Or perhaps after the transfer window shuts might be better.

When your celebrity crush does finally depart our club, how will you react Macca ? Will you stay a Ram or support the Scottish League 2 team he manages next ?? #welovemacca

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Saying to someone that you are a better supporter is the most crass thing you can say, other than telling them to go support forest. 

oh no sigh GIF by BBC

I wouldn't tell anyone that.

If you think it's crass that's your opinion. But what he said was fine was it Mr/Ms Moderator? 

Edited by RoyMac5
gender clarification