Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

You stick up for him all you like but I don't want somebody like him as manager of DCFC. He would just about get away with it being a player but as a manager your a role model of the highest standard and he's failed in many ways and he's only been manager for 8 months. 

Most people have feet of clay. I doubt any could stand up to the kind of scrutiny you want to give them. Failed in many ways in your opinion. Not in everyone's.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

You said the constant sniping at Rooney was tedious. My reply was based on that the sniping aimed at him was for a reason.

You stick up for him all you like but I don't want somebody like him as manager of DCFC. He would just about get away with it being a player but as a manager your a role model of the highest standard and he's failed in many ways and he's only been manager for 8 months. 

I haven't stuck up for him, other when the complaints and comments are based of falsehoods and half truths. 

I am amused by the seemed belief on here, that sacking Rooney is some form of transformative option. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Most people have feet of clay. I doubt any could stand up to the kind of scrutiny you want to give them. Failed in many ways in your opinion. Not in everyone's.

Oh come on, please enlighten me where he's been amazing for Derby either as a player or coach?

The thing that grates me the most is when we went into the first lockdown, he clearly didn't look after himself, came back unfit and knew he wouldnt get his body back in shape so did everything he could to take over the reins just to keep hold of his 90k per week.

If this was just any other person and not Rooney, you'd have a different opinion. But for some reason because he did well in his playing days, you think he should be given some slack. 

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Oh come on, please enlighten me where he's been amazing for Derby either as a player or coach?

Anyone. 

I think he should be given slack until he's had a preseason and signed some players. #simples

2 hours ago, sage said:

Rubbish, I once had a argument with BrisVegas that lasted 3 years.

However, now LeedsRam has apologised for his use of the term 'launched' I shall leave the matter there. Possibly.  

Everything has been pretty much downhill since @Bris Vegas left this parish. Please come back buddy, all is forgiven (except Peterborough away of course). 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Everything has been pretty much downhill since @Bris Vegas left this parish. Please come back buddy, all is forgiven (except Peterborough away of course). 

He was actually on the money over the issue that saw him depart, too. 

Jack was a dud.

5 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

The Sun claiming Rooney’s job on the line over hotel-gate

Interesting read and does make some sense with the joiners gate stuff 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15710223/wayne-rooneys-future-Derby-knife-edge/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Please make this be true ?

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

A decade or so ago someone I knew find themselves on the front of the sun because she was having a relationship with a future ballon d’or winner who had a stint playing for the team of Red Devil’s. She didn’t sell the story herself, but one of her friends did and pocketed the cash. It was a slow news day and for 24-48 hours it was deemed a ‘big story’, but by the end of the week it was chip shop paper. I'm gonna presume something similar is happening here.

People were daft, lessons are being learnt by everyone involved. Probs best to move on and discuss the football

In other news, I heard this on the radio today, I've not heard it for years, and I sang along and it made my day.

If anyone would like a break from getting upset about some things that we can't change or do anything about.

Enjoy.

Learning lines in the rain
Special effects by Loonatik and Drinks
The graveyard scene
The golden years

She's in parties
It's in the can
She's in parties
It's in the can

Freeze frame screen kiss
Hot heads under silent wigs
Fall guys tumble on the cutting room floor